1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Matty's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matt Fowler, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Anne V

Anne V Silver

it is on Zoom Matt ;)

Matt Fowler likes this.
  2. its a shame because i really wanted the wim hof method to be true :D Maybe part of it is. I was watching a video interview where Wim was telling Russell Brand that different (usually inaccessible) parts of his brain were lighting up during the brain scan testing he underwent. So was there more going on than cerebral hypoxia? Its a shame because I would have loved to have had a go haha. I wonder if the Tibetan yogis got away with it for so long because they live and practice in places with minimal nnEMF. Perhaps in a 5g environment, Tummo breathing would tip the balance too far in terms of hypoxia.

19.18 mins in Jack mentions Wim. He also mentions that Jeremy can breath better because he's in strong UV light where he lives. So maybe that keeps the tibetan/himalayan yogis going too.

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Jeremy is a different situation in relation to oxygen and CO2, but the yogis already at high altitude would be getting the benefit of UV and a higher level of carbon dioxide naturally, so the breath holding technique to raise carbon dioxide may not have been (or be), necessary, and may not be part of a teaching.

The problem with any of the ancient or more modern techniques is knowing the context they were written in, in terms of different environment, altitude, latitude etc, which may not suit the modern environment, altitude, latitude of where the teaching ends up, or the context of the person who finds it. CO2 has mass - it may be why meditating monks at altitude may not need to eat as many calories, they may be maintaining mass through their practice.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

This is one of my favourites.

Have you seen Jack's webinar about Jeremy? and then the followup webinar with Jeremy?

Matt Fowler and Anne V like this.
  5. Yes, me too. Ive lost count of how many times Ive watched it, haha. It's got a nice friendly vibe.

No, Ive not seen the other Jeremy Webinars - Ill have to keep my eyes open for them. I was a gold member for about a year but had to downgrade for a while because I ran out of money. In the mean time Im trying to keep up with Patreon. Jack's blog posts are next level!

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  6. Aha, ok! Unfortunately I wont be able to join this time around, but if theres gonna be another one soon then I'll prob have a go :) Heart Math sounds interesting - is it secular? Most of my meditation experience comes from Buddhism, but I definitely see the worth of secular meditation too.

7. ye
    Yes, I agree. I read about Tummo many years ago and I was really curious to know more about how Tibetan Tantric practitioners could dry out their wet robes in sub zero temperatures just with their own body heat! But I soon realised that its a secret practice where one has to be properly qualified before they can gain the relevant permissions/blessings/initiations and instructions from a qualified master, and doing so without these preliminaries would be harmful for one's mind stream. I guess Mr. Hof has extracted the actual breathing part from the advanced Dharmic underpinning, thus rendering it accessible for the masses.

Thanks for the links, i recognise the names. I once did Ashtanga yoga for about 6 months and we did "inner heat" breathing, but it was different to Wim Hof and it didnt involve any holding of the breath.

8. or perhaps its the light intensity at those high altitudes, skin and eyes in the game allowing them to reap their two thirds of electrons from the sun instead of from chai and momo's :D

Have you seen/read cave in the snow? Its a brilliant story of an English lady who went on to become a fully ordained Bhikshuni (nun) and ended up doing long retreats in a cave in Northern India. At one point, she was snowed in and had to dig a tunnel to escape! She's called Tenzin Palmo, I met her once in London, fantastic lady.

9. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

"Yes, I agree. I read about Tummo many years ago and I was really curious to know more about how Tibetan Tantric practitioners could dry out their wet robes in sub zero temperatures just with their own body heat! ... I guess Mr. Hof has extracted the actual breathing part from the advanced Dharmic underpinning, thus rendering it accessible for the masses."

Has he said it's the same technique? Have people who have been taught it by the monks said that too?

Matt Fowler likes this.
  10. Not that I know of. I just assumed it was the same because people keep saying "Tummo" and "wim Hof" in the same sentence. Personally, I have absolutely no idea. I doubt there are many lay people with that kind of training, and the ones that have it will be sworn to a certain degree of secrecy. However, it wouldnt be unheard of for Tibetan Masters to allow the proliferation of certain breathing techniques (simplified and devoid of visualisation and wider spiritual context) for those who could benefit.

https://meridian-trust.org/video/tsalung-practice-ninefold-expulsion-of-stale-vital-energy/

Perhaps this is true for the Wim Hof method - but again, just speculation.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is why @Jack Kruse is putting medical advice as #2 and making $$ as a goal #1.
    Stay alert.

12. the lockdowns are harming a lot of people.

13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Electrons from the earth yes, but I think she was in the cave for too long over winter for light intensity on the skin and eyes. Magnetism (and cold's effect on magnetism) would be dominant then I think. The breathing and meditating techniques (link to CO2), maintaining mass, and slowing time? Jack has said "magnetism retains light Jude.......it does not exude the light. Lack of magnetism makes you leak light like a sieve." (https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/the-senses.11361/page-13). By not leaking light, it essentially can be recycled, or reused. Polar bear survival stuff. But for humans, once survival needs are met, by paying attention to the inner light, or paying attention and adding intention, its a whole different ballgame. :)

So if survival needs are met, and we are not leaking light, I think we can look inwards and "see the light" (and perhaps eventually become "en-light-end." ) Or take consciousness off and explore the cosmos or alternate realities. :cool:

John Schumacher and Matt Fowler like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When indoor, I currently breathe air that is humidified using RO water infused with H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide).
    Water that goes to humidifiers contains 0.1% of a (food grade) H2O2.

15. Yes, I agree, but I think the Tummo practitioners are out doors more often. I bet the magnetism is excellent in a meditation cave. I love the effects of magnetism - I usually fall asleep if I lie on the bare ground for more than about 20 mins. I seem to be really sensitive to grounding - probably because Ive slept on the second floor next to some railway lines for the last 15 years.

The ELF stuff is really interesting! I bet my cells are lit up like a christmas tree :rofl:. which reminds me, I need to ask my brother for my copy of Light Sculpting Life - hes had it for ten months now :rofl:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    John Schumacher likes this.
  16. Interesting, why do you filter your air? Are you in a city/polluted area?

17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

"The Wim Hof Method mainly comes from what Wim calls ‘cold hard nature’"
    "Wim learned to withstand cold, heat and fear by subjecting himself to the bitter conditions of nature."
    (https://www.wimhofmethod.com/tummo-...literally means 'inner,a person's 'inner heat'.)

I think the "inner heat" is uncoupling of mitochondria. The cold increases magnetism, so by increasing personal magnetism, heat (i.e. light) isn't wasted. With the gradual progression of cold thermogenesis, the same thing can be achieved. My experience is that eventually just the thought of getting into cold water could switch on the mitochondrial heat generating programme - the "as if" response, just before I got in the water after breaking the ice. It takes time to adapt to that, but the trick seemed to be to get my mitochondria reacting to the environment faster, informed by the senses. I have lost the cold adaptation over time without continuing the practice, so I would have to build up again, but I can still tolerate cold and hot much better. But with regular practice, with pay attention and add intention, ("visualisation techniques" on the linked page?) it would just be the next step to generate heat, at will, to say dry off clothes. Others may have mastered the technique to a greater degree than I did, but there's nothing secret or mysterious about it. :)

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That came from a discussion on another thread.
    A person sick with Covid-19 can be cured of it by breathing thru a nebulizer fed with plain water that contains 0.1% H2O2. Even 0.04% works.
    So instead of walking around with that thing (the nebulizer), I am adding about 30cc of 12% hydrogen peroxide to each gallon of RO water that I feed my ultrasonic humidifier anyhow.
    It is winter in my place. The home is heated. Humidity falls to uncomfortable, below 15%.
    With a humidifier, I can keep it at 30-50%.
    H2O2----> hydrogen peroxide

Matt Fowler and John Schumacher like this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Best to follow Jack's protocol to the letter. I missed the benefits of the face dunks, but only because I cannot force my face into a sink of water. (Went face first into a lake when I was a child and was lucky to be rescued, and I can't make myself do a face dunk). When you get to doing the cold bath, test the temperature and decide your max length of time in there, and get out earlier if you need to. The discipline of getting out at or before the designated time will stand you in good stead later on, if you progress to deep CT.

With an indoor bath for a beginner with health issues I'd suggest going less hot, cool, then cooler, before going cold, or using ice. If you record the water temperatures and your immersion timings, the time of the bath and what level of difficulty you found it, it will give you an idea of how you are doing. Record what you ate beforehand, and if you had a poor night's sleep, write that down too. If you see a pattern, you can adjust things. For example doing CT at a slightly warmer temperature that day because you slept badly is better than stressing an already struggling body or taking it up a notch and crashing. If something is obviously easy, you can take it up a notch.

If all you do at first is get in and count to 10 before getting out, (or sworn 10 times ....:D) its just a starting point .... Inside CT isn't as much fun as outside CT, but in winter the timings of outside CT will need adjusting based on things like wind chill ... In an outside tub I've always kept my hands and feet out in winter, my daughter doing swimming in the sea in the winter will use neoprene socks and gloves. Don't let your feet or hands get numb. ...

If you leave the water in the indoor bath, several short dunks to start with might be better than trying to do one longer session, you can add to each if you dry off and stay naked for a while. At low temperatures its easy to get a dopamine hit and get a bit euphoric, missing the warning signs ... I've made all the mistakes with it, from getting so cold my teeth were chattering too much to hold an important business call, to not warmed up enough to get to sleep for the shivering ... I've learned its about challenge not stress .... Good luck. :)

Matt Fowler and John Schumacher like this.
  20. Looks like Wim isnt practicing tibetan tummo. Courtesy of @Sue-UK :

https://www.wimhofmethod.com/tummo-meditation#

"comparable but different techniques"