1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Matty's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matt Fowler, Dec 21, 2020.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

nice find Matt! I was positive I had read that somewhere.

Matt Fowler likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

grounding can be a can of worms....

Anne V and Matt Fowler like this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Follow Sue's posts - she is making it work in England. There are a few others as well.

Follow 100% Carnivore.....and beyond - started by Phil Escott [England]. He has a small book that Jack did the forward for.

Matt Fowler likes this.
  4. Excellent, I will do.

RE grounding indoors - if i dont sleep grounded my anxiety returns after about a week - and its crippling. Im planning to sawp grounding for a magnetico when i can afford it.

caroline, Anne V and John Schumacher like this.
  5. As of Dec 12th 2020 - stopped using facebook/instagram.

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Note that @Jack Kruse is currently hardly active here on this board,
    but more at Facebook and Twitter.
    I do not know how to use Instagram, so do not know if he uses it.
    Lately Jack is very hot about Bitcoin.
    To the point that he made a statement that it (the Bitcoin) is more important than any other health discussions.
    The justification for that pov is that many of his advice end up requiring sick people living nomadic life being constantly in search of better place.
    Only people with high and highly portable income will be able to listen and comply with this type of recommendations.

7. Type one can incorporate a low carb version of @Jack Kruse's diet. It requires less insulin and closer monitoring of her blood sugar.

Matt Fowler likes this.
  8. The Nomadic Life was obtainable by some middle-eastern nomads - like Abraham - but even he settled down.

Matt Fowler likes this.
  9. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Hi Matt ,

if you are in the UK would you like to attend the meditation on the 30th at 8:15 for 35mn it is mainly breathing with a bit more...

you can look it up at WeAddHeart.com, location Bishops Stortford red dot appears on the map click the dot and click go it brings

you to eventbrite page where u register and they send you the link.

it is free once a month. it is HeartMath, would you know of it. any problem, let me know . hope u had a good Christmas

Matt Fowler and caroline like this.
  10. Anne V

Anne V Silver

and go look up the Human unleashed , plenty to watch, all free for a month running it :Jeremy Ayres, Phil Escott, Graeme Norbury, Ben hunt. they have a book coming out any days now

Matt Fowler and caroline like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Their last video is pretty confronting.......we all need to open our eyes and quick!

Matt Fowler likes this.
  12. Thank you Jan. Thats a shame but I understand. I had to get rid of social media because I was suffering a long term addiction. Jacks page is the only reason I didnt jack it in sooner (no pun intended). Im still getting the patreon blogs though, so with that and this forum I should be ok for a while. After a few weeks I might start logging in to fb once a week just to see his latest posts.

I have massive aversion to bitcoin - I tend to shy away from these kinds of new "developments" in society. But seen as Jack is affording it so much attention then I guess it must be pretty important.

13. I'll suggest it to her, thanks.

Ive been checking out Wim Hof, hes a legend!! Such a cool guy! He said that just before covid there was some scientific studies with his method going on, but they had to postpone it all because of the pandemic. It will be interesting to see the results when theyre finally released. The fact that he transcended the harmful effects of bacteria he was injected with suggests theres more going on than just cerebral hypoxia etc.

John Schumacher likes this.
  14. Thanks Ann, but I live a bit too far away. Im in Bucks. It looks like quite a good system though. I havent meditated for a few years now, id like to get back into it.

caroline likes this.
  15. will do, thanks

16. The reason I'm attracted to @Jack Kruse is the science he employs into his ideas.
    The reason I'm attracted to Wim Hof is the science which he encourages to test and observe (using clinical-trials) results from non-mediators (sick people at the end of their rope), people to hate the cold; but have performed the unbelievable. Wim Hof believes all humans have this "superpower".

The problem is the same for @Jack Kruse as it is for Wim Hof -> the pharmaceutical research machine will not get paid.

Morning Sunrise Therapy will not make more people sick -> a very important process for medical scientific development.
    Breath Work and Cold Therapy will not produce the need for more medications.

This is bad news for us if we are waiting for improvements in scientific research.

Matt Fowler likes this.
  17. i guess we'll be waiting a long time(possibly forever?) for these kinds of discoveries to be proliferated into mainstream knowledge.

Jack's work has literally saved my life, the science is captivating and there is also a lot (in my opinion) that can be said for ascetic/contemplative/spiritual practice.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    John Schumacher likes this.
  18. goals for January 2021 - hardwire my computer (which will means overall screen time will be drastically reduced), CT, Increase daily solar exposure with more consistent dusk/dawn exposure, vit D, vit C.

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I think its important to separate the Wim Hof breathing techniques from the CT. I'm drawn more to Patrick McKeown's breathing method, and I like that he's respectful of Wim Hof's method. In this he compares the two breathing methods.

One of the reasons I'm more drawn to Patrick McKeown's method is this.

Although it talks about TBI, the lowering of CO2 of the Wim Hof method doesn't sound a good choice of stressor for my context, and would be worse if I was living in a high nnemf/5G area, - a chronic low grade injuring of the brain - or had any history of anxiety. I think the physiological benefits of Wim Hof's CT method is separate to the breathing technique. I've done Jack's CT protocol getting to the point I could do outside CT even if I had to break the ice, and it didn't take the Wim Hof breathing technique to do it. :)

ValerieBee and Matt Fowler like this.
  20. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

There's a lot of ways to do breathing exercises, and lots of nuance to techniques.
    People have been experimenting with breathwork and writing about it for centuries. Maybe some of the recently popular methods are new. But there's probably a more cohesive system that includes the recently popular ideas using different terminology and so could help put the effects in more context than what lab research has been done recently about it..?

The Science of Pranayama by Sri Swami Sivananda
    attached

Light on Pranayama - Pranayama Dipika by B.K.S. Iyengar
    https://docdro.id/sjm378C

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    Matt Fowler likes this.