1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Matty's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Matt Fowler, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Since Aug 2020:

Breakfast outdoors - 500g grass fed brazing steak cooked in dripping, roughly 80g kerrygold, 2 hard boiled eggs, two seaweed capsules.

Lunch (sometimes outdoors - its cold right now) - a rare grass fed steak, cabbage, broccoli, 80g kerrygold, water, two seaweed capsules.

Dinner - 240g wild salmon cooked lightly with seasalt and kerrygold, cabbage, greens etc. two seaweed capsule. water.

Sometimes dinner and lunch alternate. no snacks. once a week or twice a week I'll also eat liver, kidneys or heart.

No alcohol, no sugar, no sweets no junk. All veg is organic.

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

sorry Matty - I am not a lot of help finding stuff :(

But I, for sure, remember Jack giving a thumbs down for Wim Hof's breathing stuff.
    I am pretty sure he has .....

Matt Fowler likes this.
  3. caroline

caroline Moderator

According to Jack - not everyone can or should do deep C/T. When you get your 23&me test done and have it evaluated you will be able to figure that out.

There is a huge C/T thread here on the forum.....

Matt Fowler likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

follow Christine's journal. I think it is called the canary in the coal mine [or something similar] Christine has extreme EHS.

Anne V likes this.
  5. Anne V

Anne V Silver

@caroline
    Bonjour, next Meditation 8:15pm GMT 30th i will send you the link . might be too late for you xoxo

Matt Fowler likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Bonjour Anne ......

7. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Bonjour . left you a note somewhere ... over the rainbow...
    so nice to see you :D

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love rainbows! xo

Anne V likes this.
  9. Dan2

Dan2 New Member

I don't know enough about it to have much opinion. I'm surprised that his method isn't already something included in other older systems of breathwork methods, and so I'm a little suspicious about whether there's a reason for it not being a method that the people who made the more nuanced systems of breathwork were aware of that Wim Hof isn't, given that his method is simple enough that people experimenting with breathwork and systemizing it to fit with other yoga methods must've tried it. Or maybe it is another method I don't know about. Do you know of Wim's being called something else?

Also, do you know of books with good info about CT other than Wim's? Have you mostly read about it online?

Matt Fowler likes this.
  10. Anne V

Anne V Silver

I believe Breath is the most important. i know , it kept me alive .

11. Breath

Our medical "institution" has yet to understand how human fetuses are able to convert from umbilical cord “breathing” like fish, to oxygen breathers with lungs almost completely full of embryonic fluid within moments of birth. I can tell you from a non-evolutionary paradigm but that would take too long.
    Bottomline: -> Breath is not just a metaphorical representation of the human soul; it is an explanation of why God breathed into us. The breath is our physical tool for self management. Breath fills our lungs and a deep sense of powerful peace moves through our body up into our head and out into our hands and feet. As we slowly exhale, we feel the breath leave us; we take another breath, pulling air into our lungs; the lower portion of our ribs expand out as our diaphragm pulls downward. We feel a similar sense of peace move up into our head; but it's not the same. We exhale gentle; then pull in the air again. With each inhale and exhale we search for that wonderful feeling we had on the first breath given to us. Breath work is ours; it can calm us; it can prepare us; it can be used to bring needed oxygen to our brain so we may be cognitive for a task at hand. Encouragement -> Breathe deeply.

Grandpa John

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Matt Fowler likes this.
  12. Processings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America - This study was supported by a Serendipity Grant from Reumafonds (www.reumafonds.nl).
    We show that a short-term training program and prac-ticing breathing techniques learned during this training programresults in release of epinephrine, induction of early anti-inflammatory IL-10 production, and consequently attenuationof the proinflammatory innate immune response during experi-mental human endotoxemia.
    This article explains this breath work well - https://en.inspire-potential.com/blog/articles/respiration-wim-hof-la-science-expliquee

upload_2020-12-23_16-46-33.png

During the breathing phase, the autonomous nervous system (SNA)* is activated, which goes into lotta-fuga mode and therefore into the orthosympathetic side (the accelerator). These short-term effects are inconsequential and are totally balanced and reversed by the following empty and full lung apnea (without forcing on the apneas) and which cause us to switch to the parasympathetic autonomic nervous system (the brake). This 3/4 cycle switch between the sympathetic and parasympathetic autonomic nervous system results in a significant balance of the autonomic nervous system (which regulates a majority of vital functions in daily life).​

Tummo, which literally means 'inner fire', is an ancient meditation technique practiced by monks in Tibetan Buddhism. https://www.wimhofmethod.com/tummo-meditation
    Increasing Plasma Adrenaline Levels Through Breathing - https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02417155

Matt Fowler likes this.
  13. Short-term cold acclimation improves insulin sensitivity in patients with type 2 diabetes

Matt Fowler likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Matt Fowler likes this.
  15. @John Schumacher @caroline @Dan2 @Anne V Check it out:

PATREON BLOG POST MENTIONING WIM HOF --- CPC #16: QUANTUM BREATHING EFFECTS

Im reluctant to cut and paste from this blog post as its behind a pay wall. Jack mentions how Wims breathing technique reduces C02 in the blood, alkalinising it, which then gives haemoglobin a much harder time releasing oxygen to the tissues. Cerebral Hypoxia, causing headaches and cognitive haze, can ensue - similar to the side effects sometimes experienced by submariners and astronauts.

I havent read the full blog yet, gonna check it out in more detail today.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    caroline likes this.
  16. what kind of meditation do you do?

17. Thank you Caroline, Ill check out the CT thread and Christine's Journal. the 23 and me test will be my first port of call in the new year - I need to know if I have an excuse to move to the tropics or not haha

caroline likes this.
  18. Tibetan Buddhism is an interesting system - I studied it for 5 years in my spare time

John Schumacher likes this.