1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Martin's Story

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Martin, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Martin

Martin Gold

Sweaty Palms

"Palmar hyperhidrosis" has been increasing this past year. Seems to be worse in the morning? Really makes it tough to hold my guitar pick. Another clue as to why I never could hold the damn thing well while I play. I ruined my new Mac wired mouse's roller ball with my gummy residue. Jeez. Need to find a quantum connection to this malady just for my own curiosity. I don't sweat profusely out in hot weather, but do seem to readily in a sauna. DW takes forever to sweat in same, but has improved.

"Dude... 'shrooms!

Listened to the webinar with Doc and Erwan La Corre and was wondering how one's redox potential would affect psilocybin usage. Alkaloids are heavy duty stuff, but the idea of "refocusing" one's thought habits is intriguing. Reading about chronic pain being partly a function of the brain being stuck "in gear?" Biohack coming up in the spring? I have a beautiful spot on my land that is quite tranquil and have a good friend who's studied with Stanislov Grof many times and has facilitated many journeys along this line of expanded thinking.

Pop Quiz

Gearing up for labs this month. Got to find out where I stand. I have a doc an hour away who let's her patients get labs at near her cost.
    Vit D
    HSCRP
    Thyroid Panel with antibodies, Reverse T3
    Prolactin
    IGF-1
    Free Testosterone, Total Testosterone
    SHBG
    Estradiol Ratio
    PSA
    DHT
    Chemistry Panel and Complete Blood Count

And then order a Salivary Cortisol, Melatonin/DHEA panel. And then I'll share my results with some family members/friends and perhaps inspire them to get off their hineys and turn over a lab rock or two.

Martin

caroline and fitness@home like this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

I want to know more about shrooms too!!

Martin likes this.
  3. Snowyky

Snowyky New Member

Hello Martin, read your journal last night and finished up this morning, bio-toxin is a hateful thing and am glad to see you're coming out the other end slowly but surely. I also used to get terrible cramps whenever I switched over to paleo/low carb woe and found that I had to make sure I drank over 64oz of water daily or they would show up and are excruciating, I was getting them everywhere not just my calves, the inner thigh ones were the worst. I also take mag malate daily as well, maybe this will help you get rid of them. Good luck. Snowy

Martin likes this.
  4. Martin

Martin Gold

Thanks snowyky, it's been a rough seven (!) years. Over six years ago, "Biotoxin Illness" became the closest description for my symptoms and I did a boatload towards that end, but I've come to believe that it's not the predominate factor in what kicked off all this MCS/CFS/ME/PTSD/LSMFT. Martin Pall's NO/ONOO cycle research (and others) describe the symptoms and perhaps some of the pathways well enough to give some additional clarity on what's going on, but I see where the deepest effects and remedies are being shown to be the electro-magnetic spectrum.

I may have severe enough brain damage from that badass illness event back when to make certain symptoms persist. Maybe not. I have had many of the same problems since I was a very young boy. C'est la vie. But I've enjoyed the learning about what goes on in our biology and always have. The science here is deep, but attainable. But most importantly, I TRUST what Doc has to say. That's HUGE in my world.

Bottom line: keep going forward towards living with Nature and perhaps plugging in a Quantlet or UVA bulb or two to help the process. And don't forget to balance with red. There's tons of free stuff to do to ease the pain and I learned it ALL here on Optimal.

Martin

PS did we correspond a few years back? your name is familiar.

caroline likes this.
  5. Snowyky

Snowyky New Member

Yes we did, I haven't been to the forum for quite some time, since 2012 I think, gave up for a while since it didn't seem to be doing what it should but when I look back at things, I see most of the problems were stemming from myself not following the protocol properly. I had problems for a while too from mold and finally seem to have gotten past that, I noticed the other day that my breathing was a whole lot better and I'm finding myself having more energy and notice a few of the LS symptoms are showing up.

I haven't started CT yet, just sticking to the leptin reset but adding as much seafood as I can afford. Just can't make myself eat oysters but I've read that your tastes change eventually so we'll see. Meanwhile I'll stick to what I know and as long as I feel better and the weight keeps coming off that it's all good. I don't have super high expectations anymore, as long as I'm down a few pounds a week I'm happy with it, of course it's usually more then that so I'm more then happy with it :)

caroline likes this.
  6. Martin

Martin Gold

Ran some labs in January. Blood drawn in AM around 10.
    Pile on with opinions and suggestions, folks.

HSCRP .20 mg/dL Been low for a while now. Yay!
    Vit D 28.3 ng/mL Crappy as can be. No supplementation this year, only daily sun exposure.
    PSA 3.58 0.00 - 4.00 ng/mL
    Free T4 0.97 0.59 - 1.17 ng/mL
    Free Testosterone 10.2 6-.6 - 18.1 pg/mL Let's bump that up, please.
    Serum Testosterone 674 348 - 1197 ng/dL
    SHBG 102.1 19.0 - 76.4 nmol/L Good god. Up from around 86.0 from the last time. Looking for good info.
    Estradiol 10.7 7.6 - 42.6 pg/mL
    Prolactin 4.5 4.0 - 15.2 ng/mL I'm thinking melatonin release at night is keeping this down properly?
    Free T3 2.9 2.0 - 4.0 pgmL

Glucose a little high.
    BUN/Cr ratio sucks ass. Have not gotten it below 10.0 ever.
    Would like C02 to be higher.
    Decent Trigs, but HDL?
    LDL is High, but HSCRP is low.
    Low Alk Phos... again.
    IMG_9234.JPG

IMG_9235.jpg

7. Martin

Martin Gold

A few days ago, I did 60 drops of MB that was equivalent to 120 mcg when I mixed it according to the info on MB on the self-hacked site . I spread it out in three doses after not getting much of a boost from the first dose. Then I felt a little less FM/CFS symptoms and upped it a bit to the 120 dose. But after reading how much higher doses have therapeutic effects, I'm looking to do a "mg" dose to see what happens. Continued this for two days. Added nicotine gum each day dosing from 1 to 2 mg. Slight woozy feeling gave way to somewhat less ache and a tad more energy in AM, but couldn't maintain in afternoon after adding 120 mcg of MB.

Today, I did 240 mcg MB in AM with 2 mg nicotine gum to up the previous days dosing. Ugh. Didn't give a boost and eventually got more tired. Variables include working unusually hard the day before which tends to burn through my energy stores. I may go to higher doses to see if it improves. Then back down to 120 mcg or lower to see what happens.

Leg cramps are getting a bit worse at night. Taking Mg Threonate in AM, 1200 mg malate at night and have for over a year. Helped but didn't eliminate. Muscles and joints are stiff and sore constantly, but sometimes I get some small relief in the afternoon when my cortisol tends to raise (according to the two saliva cortisol tests I've had through the years) in the afternoon.

Tinnitus is constant and a bit troubling. Sensitive to loud noises, have been for years (decades, really). Applying cold to carotid artery.

8. Martin

Martin Gold

Back to being "Diaper Dan" in the past few months. I think winter is when I get leaky, but need to confirm. Going to my doc and request vasopressin hormone treatment to possibly help and up my BUN/Creatine ratio. Also talk to her about some bioidentical hormone treatment again. I did well on T and Progesterone two years ago but tapered off to see how I fared.

Found high electrical fields around my home and while I shield and moved things around, the high fields were an obvious concern. I had power company come test the ohms resistance value of my ground rod stuck in my shallow soil and the technician said it was the highest he'd ever measure 200 ohms (it needs to be 25 or lower). I have very shallow soil, so an 8 foot ground rod cannot be driven in either vertically or at the maximum of 45 degrees. What to do? There is a concrete product that conducts current and can be laid down in a trench and surrounds the ground wire. When when it sets up, it turns the whole trench bottom into a bigger conductor. http://www.sankosha-usa.com/sanearth.asp

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Herbert IIRC Jack has stated that SHGB for men should be 25nmol/L. so you want to bring that down. Prolactin is low - how's your ASI looking particularly in the AM? Are mornings get up and go? or dragging? For thyroid I like my Free T4 to be over 1. I feel better there. I also like my Free T3 btwn 3-3.5. but I think you may have a conversion issue - to support hormone cascade looking at T and your LDL. Remember LDL converts to pregnenolone which coupled wiht Vitamin A and T3. = hormones. with your D so low, you've definitely got an issue with Vitamin A conversion... Beyond supplementation have you looked at a vitamin D light?

This journal article may shed insight to the leaking. its all about Light exposure... so maybe a DLight might be in order??? take a read http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4057857/pdf/ijcem0007-1035.pdf

lilreddgirl and Martin like this.
  10. Martin

Martin Gold

Here are some 23andme goodies that I've been meaning to post:

Attached Files:

11. Martin

Martin Gold

More...

Attached Files:

12. Martin

Martin Gold

...and this one:
    Thanks, you gorgeous hunk of femininity, and so fast!

I've been using a Sperti D light for two weeks now, ramping up exposure each day or two. I raised my D with micellized D over a year ago from 30 to 70's but we know about sups. Did a ton of sun this year but didn't get around to testing until this January and not sure how long it takes to "burn" through one's stores.

I've had the SHBG thing for a while now and don't know what to do other than endeavor to get as optimal as I can.

Attached Files:

13. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

How would someone go about raising prolactin?

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

You know I love you Herbert!!! I will say I didn't supplement since Fall of 2014. b/c we should supplement what nature makes. However, my N=1 of not supplementing for a whole year resulted in lower redox over all. I got bronchitis 3xs, pneumonia 1x, an ear infection (Seriously, who gets ear infections in their 40s???) Strep (road it out w/o abx b/c the test came back 2 weeks after I had the test run - Labcorp is failing badly) and 2x cellulitis on two different fingers. I'm still recovering from the pneumonia (still coughing almost 2 mths later) but when I got the pneumonia I loaded up on D3 10K IU /day with every 3rd day taking 15K. my D3 in the summer was in the 60's and it probably fell during the fall. within 2 weeks of dosing it shot up into the 90's. So for me. I'm supplementing D3, b/c its's what works for me. And yes. I get that I'm doing it wrong, but my N=1 says supplementing is the best for me, until I can get a job teaching snowboarding that pays as much as I make now (ain't every gonna happen)

As for SHGB - @Josh (Paleo Osteo) and @yewwei.tan have me researching aspirin as a way to mitigate excess estrogen.... I haven't looked at how it impacts SHGB - but my research is limited b/c most of my free time is focusing on pre-reqs for nursing school.

To raise prolactin you have to raise melatonin. Your melatonin status determines how much prolactin is released. When you're releasing melatonin at the right time, you release adequate prolactin. Prolactin should be lowest in the morning and should peak during peak sleep, approximately 4 hrs after melatonin has peaked. Peak time for prolactin secretion is 2-4am.

lilreddgirl, Martin and Dia like this.
  15. Martin

Martin Gold

From Doc:
    "If your SHB is high and estrogen levels normal then you can localize your electron steal syndrome to either the plasma or the liver. Based upon your other labs you appear to have a mixed pattern of both. Your DHEA level tells us that the IL6 in your CSF is likely higher than you want it to be and this could directly be affecting your liver via the vagus nerve. This picture you have painted here is one that is mixed. But make no mistake you have a significant loss of electrons occurring to ionize SHBG to lower its charge. This depletes your plasma of electrons and the SHBG rises because it can not do its job with a lower level of electrons present within the blood. This is concerning because it also means you might be at risk for clotting or DVT 's with excessive airplane travel. The water issue must be a player here. I think you need to move to abetter source like Spring water or RO water. I also think you could help yourself with significantly adding ubiquinol not ubiquinone to your regimen. Resveratrol of polyphenols from organic blueberries would also help."

Sounds like a situation for the Quantlet's abilities. Just checked my UV index for 34 degrees latitude and it's not happening yet. I have some decent ubiquinol to take. Liver, huh? Not planning any airplane travel soon. Elevation is 1800 feet where I live.

Pain Dept.
    More leg cramps last night. Caught it quickly and stretched it out, but this morning my right calf muscle is bitching at me.

Progesterone came back: 0.7 0.2 - 1.4 ng/mL
    Still researching cubensis.

Rattle those pots and pans!
    My morning energy is decent, actually. In cortisol saliva tests before it starts out at the bottom of the range and continues at or below the range until the afternoon and evening where it raises slightly into the middle of the range for that time of the day. It's been a positive change in the traditional pattern of my life where mornings sucked. Now when I get up, within minutes I'm wide awake and will actually do dishes and clean the carnage from the kitchen from the party-night before. I move around and will even go outside in my pajamas to check on things, like feeding the pooch. But within an hour I can feel the ache and fatigue creep back in.

Sleep, ya little dummy.
    My sleep has never seemed to be an issue in my life, at least as far as sleeping soundly and dreaming freely goes. I rarely toss and turn, although some nights it takes me about an hour to fall asleep. I may get up to pee once if I've drunk a lot. When I start waking up, I can really feel it happening and don't feel too groggy like I have so many mornings in the decades of my life.

fitness@home likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

What's with the pj's???

Martin likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

And ...how are you going to wrestle the Quantlet off your DH???

18. Martin

Martin Gold

Hi! I'm just more willing to do things early right after I get up. I can't help myself. Dishes, run get something from the shop, check on the guest cabin(!) just cuz I have decent energy. I'll let her wear it and I'll just keep hugging' on her to steal some electrons.

fitness@home likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Martin

SHBG 102.1
    ------------------
    Ideal SHBG for man is ~20
    ------------------
    You may want to check into supplementing with Boron,
    for number of other reasons, but including high SHBG.

Dr Fletchas (Ashville NC, accepts insurance) on the end of this video suggests at least 75mg/day boron.

Good source of boron is Borax. The boron content of Borax is 11.3%.

Reading (the attached) article, I see that
    2 teaspoons of Borax/day is maximum one would ever consider.
    1/2 of teaspoon/day of borax (used by others) seem to me a good choice (that is what I use).
    75mg/day boron translates to borax -->0.12teaspoon=0.12teaspoon=0.59cm^3
    =====================
    I buy Borax from:
    Mountain Rose Herbs
    MountainRoseHerbs.com

http://www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

Published on Jun 23, 2015
    Jorge Flechas, MD discusses "Boron and Oral Health"

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Martin likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I get some small relief in the afternoon when my cortisol tends to raise
    ====================================================
    If you have reversed cortisol curve, low morning, higher afternoon.
    Try supplementing with PS. PhosphatidylSerine.

Doctor's Best Natural Brain Enhancers Featuring GPC & PS

IIRC, it is part of the heads of lipid bi-layer of one of the mitochondrial membranes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

///////////////////////