1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Maria Montessori-- cosmic education

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Billybats, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hi Dr. Kruse,

Have you ever heard of this Dr. I came across a preschool and read there curriculum with interest of the format. I found out this Doctor came up with this curriculum. Just wondering what your thoughts are about her or anyone else.

Thank you
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yes......I know all about it.
  3. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

I was going to put my son in a Montessori nursery that was nearby. When I got shown around my gut instantly told me no. Nothing wrong with the philosophy but that particular nursery felt off. Too clinical almost. Or, too weird. And I am weird so that says something!

Not sure about Steiner either. There was a school in Glasgow but it stopped due to lack of interest. Perhaps I will try Spain...
  4. pbom

pbom Silver

Was there a school at 28.291565, -16.629129 or in that neighboorhoud?
  5. pbom

pbom Silver

I heard rumors that maria montesori was not allowed to travel in europe for 10 months.

Did she went to São Tomé and Príncipe to start a school?
  6. pbom

pbom Silver

Was maria montesori married and started she travelling after her marriage in europe?
    I only found that she had a son.
  7. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I went for the interview, well I don't think so. Not what I expected. Sooooo small and just odd. So still looking. My job decided to take our PTO and vacation way. Seems like any place rhings now aren't the same.
  8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

This is what I found:

On 31 March 1898, her only child – a son named Mario Montessori (March 31, 1898 – 1982) was born.[14] Mario Montessori was born out of her love affair with Giuseppe Montesano, a fellow doctor who was co-director with her of the Orthophrenic School of Rome. If Montessori married, she would be expected to cease working professionally; instead of getting married, Montessori decided to continue her work and studies. Montessori wanted to keep the relationship with her child's father secret under the condition that neither of them would marry anyone else. When the father of her child fell in love and subsequently married, Montessori was left feeling betrayed and decided to leave the university hospital and place her son into foster care with a family living in the countryside opting to miss the first few years of his life. She would later be reunited with her son in his teenage years, where he proved to be a great assistant in her research.
  9. pbom

pbom Silver

Giuseppe Montesano > last name sounds familiar.
    If Montessori married, she would be expected to cease working professionally>how sick is that.
    Montessori was left feeling betrayed>not strange
    place her son into foster care with a family living in the countryside>good environment?