1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Maguel's optimal journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Maguel, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

Hello, it certainly feels good to be here. Listening to Dr Jack talk to Nathan the other night he suggested recording details of one's first 6 years to start the journal so briefly here they are...

I was born naturally at home on the shores of Lake Victoria, Tanzania to a mother of German/Jewish stock and a British father. My two grandfathers lives were cut short whilst my one grandmother died of cancer. My parents are in pretty good health at ages 90 and 87. We moved to the coast, on the Indian Ocean, soon after my birth and my first 6 years were happily spent mostly barefoot and semi-naked in our garden, with a view out to sea, along with 30 odd ducks, 2 dogs, a cat and several tortoises and guinea pigs.

My paradise was shattered however at age 6 when I was sent away to a Catholic boarding school. Luckily I was only there one year before we moved to the UK but in that time I was sexually abused by the priests. The trauma of this experience was such that the memories were completely repressed into my unconscious. I always knew something was wrong with me however, my inner sadness and inability to express real joy, and 50 years later I finally found someone who helped me recover the repressed memories and so start to heal my psyche.

That was earlier this year and just a couple of month's ago I discovered Dr Kruse. What a revelation. Some of what he writes about I always knew instinctively - loving the sun, going barefoot, circadian rythms - but never knew just how important these things are. Nor could I argue with or convince anyone of what I felt.

So looking back I see that my whole life has led to this point. My relentless search for meaning and the reasons for my dis-ease with myself has brought me here. I consider myself pretty healthy but my passion now is for optimal health - mental / emotional and physical. At the same time to share with others and hopefully help to heal the broken human condition itself.

I have no major health issue I am aware of but the one thing that has irritated me all my life is dry skin. If I could fix that I would be happy so if anyone has any suggestions?!

Thank you Dr Kruse and everyone in your support team.

Maguel

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Brent Patrick likes this.
  2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Welcome !!
    Regarding your dry skin,in isolation it would be difficult to say anything about it. One thing to think about though is looking at where you live with regards to EMF and light pollution.

3. shiran

shiran Curious

Is dry skin connected to redox? I'm thinking about nnemf definitely
    Did you measure your environment?

4. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

Thanks both. I have had dry skin all my life and have lived in both Africa and northern Europe and Brazil. Have to say though that it did improve in Brazil, on the equator, with plenty of sunshine, sea, fruit and fresh coconuts. Currently I am living in Wales but planning to be on the road much of next year.

shiran likes this.
  5. Inger

Inger Silver

Welcome :)

That is too sad what happened in your chidhood... so glad you have found healing!

Do you get lots of seafood and seaweed? That and Iodine has improved my skin a lot! After I started taking high amounts iodine (50-100 mg/day) my skin got even softer.. I think one reason having dry skin could be a deficiency of DHA and Iodine...

6. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

Thanks Inger! Only some salmon and tuna but no seaweed. Will look into the DHA and Iodine.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Farmed salmon has almost no iodine :( IDK about tuna but you would have to eat lots of fish to get enough.... Seaweed is great! Also a part of the Epi Paleo diet. Wakame is very high in iodine, there are others too :)

8. shiran

shiran Curious

Inger , did you supplement with iodine, or get it from seaweed?
    The dry skin is an issue for me as well I think is related to the nnemf here , anyway I'm looking for a solution

9. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

Been looking through a few forum posts and realize I have a LOT to learn! :whistle:

10. Maguel

Maguel Maguel

So, I am now in northern Botswana for 3 months - Lat 20S; Long 23.4 E; Alt 3,100 ft. These are my health intentions. Any comments or advice appreciated...

1. Watch the sunrise and sunset daily and be outdoors barefoot and undressed as much as possible.
    2. Drink freshly milked goats milk.
    3. Eat freshly laid eggs.
    4. Eat local free range beef.
    5. Drink natural borehole water.
    6. Drink South African red wine.
    7. Swim for exercise.
    8. Spend time with good friends.