1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Magnetico for children/ Babies

Discussion in 'Optimal Kids' started by Danco3636, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Ok. Looks like twins may be on the way. What size and recommendation for a Magnetico set up? We currently have a Cal King for ourselves but may be in need for two for babies.
    They will be sleeping with us at first (bonding) but need options for long term as well.

Any insights are aprciated.

rlee314 likes this.
  2. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Congratulations! Double trouble...

3. I'll defer on the magnetico question but as a parent of almost 7 year old twins invite you to reach out for any thoughts/advice on that...:)

Attached Files:

4. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Great.
    Sleeping arrangements I would like them to be close to us when sleeping either sleeping in our bed, we have a CAL king and or some sort of sleeping system that is right next to the bed any thoughts or ideas?

I have magnetic now seeing what they can do for a custom pads for the babies but they also informed me that they should not be next to the side of my current pad. There is a positive energy that comes off which is not healthy. So I am still trying to figure out how they can be next to our bed without in the wrong field

Also any tips or at life experiences let me know I'm open

I have raised three other children that are close to age but not twins.

Lahelada likes this.
  5. Erin Olivia

Erin Olivia New Member

Congrats Danco on your twins! I am actually selling my 1 year old perfect condition Magneticos, 2 of them at 5 gauss each. 5 gauss is what is recommended for healthy adults and children/pets. They can also be stacked together to make 10 gauss. Anyone with children or any interest please let me know. The Magneticos, by the way, worked wonders for me in terms of quality of sleep, health and life, and I recommend them highly. Originally $1020 plus shipping, I am selling for $598 together or $350 each. They come from a happy, healthy, clean, kid-free, pet-free,, bed bug free, allergen-free free low EMF home.

fitness@home likes this.
  6. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I'll take them. You take PayPal?
    What size are they? Are they special order size or just a they 2 singles?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

smart buy

8. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Got this from Magnetico.

Wanted the kids either to sleep with us or by our beds in a bassinet.

I'm thinking the 5 g would work good under the bassinet and then around 3 feet away from out bed. Then they can either sleep with us or in their bed close to us.

Thoughts?

Erin let me know about purchasing yours and what your set up was :)
    Thanks.

9. Erin Olivia

Erin Olivia New Member

Hi Dan,

These are two 5 gauss singles in perfect condition. I have venmo for cash transfers. Where would you like me to send them to? Also if you know how to private message me, pls do! (As I have no idea)

10. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I sent you a PM

11. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Neither kids or magnetico but wanted to say congrats on the twins !

12. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Thank you

13. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

congrats!!!!

For our second baby he co-slept for only a couple of weeks on our king size with 20Gauss pads. For the crib transition I had ordered a custom fitted 10Gauss, and also a 4-5 inch non-metal-coil crib mattress. Almost every morning after he's out for nursing I pull the magnetico out and roll it up, so he's not napping on it in daytime hours.

We grade his overall sleep patterns as "phenomenal", more than just "good" and the vast majority of parents we know would kill for a "good" sleeper. In terms of ease of going down for the night, sleeping through the night (once night time feedings waned), ease of transfer during sleep, and ease of adapting to new environments (which is rare but he doesn't have a hard time with the changes).

David Limacher and Danco3636 like this.
  14. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Thanks for your insights!!!!

15. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Ok talked to Magnetico. Great company and very responsive and helpful.
    So after all the suggestions from them and above.
    Upgrading our current bed to a 10g from a 5g. With the kids in our bedroom they need to be on the same 10g and 4 feet away from our bed (positive return from the sides). Having some pads special ordered to fit the smaller cribs for now.
    Once they sleep in another room they can be on the 5g we purchased already with the correct size foam mattress.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Keep us updated

Danco3636 likes this.
  17. JJ sg

JJ sg New Member

I was told by magnetico you do not need to keep to the 3 feet distance between bed and crib if you are using the 20G or 10G system

The 3 feet rule only applies to 5G models

3week old baby on a 10G
    Doesn't really like to sleep by himself

Will try to roll the magnetico pad up during the day

18. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I was told with a 10g that they both need to be 10g both babies bed and parents bed and for the 10 they should be 4 feet away with the 5 it's 3 foot away.
    It's mainly due to the return on the side of the magneticos.
    Also the magnetico is for only night sleeping not daytime sleeping or naps.

I have this all in an email from them

19. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I ordered a new 10g for us an two special ordered to fit bassinets for the twins at 10g as well. And they said it should be 4 feet anyway

20. Charlotte English

Charlotte English New Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for people with houses too small to accommodate the 4 foot radius...? Any alternatives to magnetico?

In the UK you're lucky to have that much room on one or two sides of a bed. Most flats/houses are tiny, so one magnetico would be interfering with the adjacent rooms, not to mention your poor neighbours in the flat below (whose kids sleep in bunks and who I definitely don't want to put in a bad field)