1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Magnetic Sleep Pad Options in Australia

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by yewwei.tan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Just finished listening to the July 2013 Webinar, and I'm pretty convinced that a magnetic sleep pad is something to get right away.

Trouble is that I'm all the way down under in Melbourne, Australia. So getting a magnetico pad is out of the question.

However, there's a local supplier who sells magnetic sleep pads which seem to be decently well made. A sample mattress can be seen here -- http://www.magneticexperience.com.au/king-single-magnetic-underlay-australia-free-postage-p-117.html.

In sum, the King Single sized mattress that I linked to:

- costs AU$210
    - has 250 magnets, which are all north facing (negative magnetic field)
    - where each magnet has a 1200 surface gauss

It's designed to be used on top of your mattress, but as the magnetico site explains, this could lead to exposure to alternating positive and negative fields.

The magnetico apparently uses 3950 core gauss magnets, which should correspond to a 1000-1100 surface gauss (I have no idea about the calculation, but those are the numbers that seem to pop up on the internet). Magnetico then claims that a single layer of such magnets deliver a 10 gauss magnetic field to the sleeper atop an 8-inch mattress. (the super sleep system relies on 2 layers)

Wouldn't that imply then, that if I place my Australian Magnetic mattress below a standard thickness mattress (8-10 inches), then I would get roughly the same effect as the magnetico? Wouldn't I also be able to stack up 2 of these mattress to achieve the 20 gauss magnetic field?

Thanks.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'd call magnetico and see if they can bulk ship......if not ask them about Quality of the Aussie product.....Dean surely would know.

3. Matthew Cassidy

Matthew Cassidy New Member

Hi Yewwei, Did you find out about this product at all. Am interested to hear what you learned..

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

We have already asked about bulk shipping - can't do........

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you looked into the wool magnetic pads? Freesia talked about getting one to see what it is like....

Do you understand about being in an alternating field if it is on top?

6. freesia

freesia Old Member

Hi Caroline, sorry I didn't get back to you before now on the wool underlays. I was looking at the Woolrest ones which are fairly commonly used here - and plenty of people seem happy with them too!..Then I read about the alternating fields on mattress topping pads, and I got cold feet on hitting the buy button.
    Before reading that warning on the Magnetico site I knew there was a risk of alternating currents if the magnets weren't placed exactly right in relation to each other, but it seems there's more to it than that. It's clearly explained on the magnetico site and I trust their advice on this.
    Re putting a couple of the cheaper ones under a mattress...I *think* you'd want to watch the positioning of the magnets (in relation to each other) quite carefully to make sure you were getting the gauss you expect at the distance you need.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  7. I got one about 5 days ago. I called the company for info and they were friendly but couldn't provide any info re possible positive field coming through, per yewwei's note above. Their claim (backed by a photo of a reading being taken) is that surface gauss is around 1200 although with the cheap gauss meter I have I couldn't get near that value consistently.
    Took a bit of adjustment the first few nights (a hot feeling - but maybe from the material used in the pad as well as or instead of the magnets?). I have it under an earthing sheet plugged into the wall (I'm on the third floor). I've been using the sheet for 4-5 months. I've recently started ocean swimming too, so I've got a few changes going on and it will be hard to ascertain what's doing what..
    Still, I thought it was cheap enough to experiment with.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

All of this really worries me too freesia ....I really don't understand the alternating currents if all the magnets are facing the same way? Is it the fact that it goes ontop of the mattress?

9. freesia

freesia Old Member

Yes it t has to do with how close it is to you, as shown on the Magnetico site here: http://magneticosleep.com/why-were-better/comparison-diagram/
    Best way not to worry about it and make sure you're applying magnets in the most beneficial (emf mitigating) way is probably to buy from someone who knows what they're doing!

I'm supposing a Magnetico would contribute to increase MnSOD.
    My (well ahead of his time) HBOT doctor was big on using it to upregulate MnSOD and other enzymes with me in the late 1990s. He had a long association through the 80's and 90's with Dr William Philpott who advocated the use of unipolar magnets set precisely under a bed to provide a 25 gauss field. Earlier incarnation of a Magnetico I guess. :)

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I don't really think the magnetico is that expensive .... It is the delivery that is killing us!

But, all in all.....I thought Nick had a great attitude about the cost and what it is doing for his family. If you pro rate it over 5 years - it is peanuts. I wish they would give us that payment plan.....

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Freesia - have you been following what Dr. K. Is posting today in the sleep webinar Q&A thread in the cave?

12. freesia

freesia Old Member

Hi, yes....just getting my head around some of it. Respiratory chain knowledge is coming in useful right now (and the little bit of physics I've picked up) but I'll need a much better understanding of dna methylation...gene expression....before I can say I'm really getting it. ;)

What I do understand of it really helps cement a few of the "whys" for me.

13. _J_

_J_ New Member

Something that might interest you..

I used the magnetico website and got some simple quotes + delivery for Australia

If you buy 1x Queen & 2x single, then it is cheaper to have it delivered in the following configuration: -
    1x Queen (delivery #1)
    2x Single (delivery #2)

You may not think much, but it was about $1000 cheaper. I guess its related to the way that UPS has to handle extremely large/weighted packages, or rather don't want to.

Perhaps UPS have been following the forums, and decided in a non-linear pricing structure ? ;)