1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Magnesium Oil

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by seanb4, Mar 17, 2015.

1. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I've been applying magnesium oil in high doses (40-50) sprays with great results concerning heart palpitations. I never really noticed these results before using oral magnesium for some reason.

Anyway I have felt more dehydrated since using this, however I cannot simply solve this by drinking more water due to stomach problems. I have gone from bowel movements of roughly 1 per day to 1 every 3 days, my tongue gets drier quicker and the skin particularly on my hands that has come into contact with the lotion gets really dry.

Is the left over chloride (???) from magnesium oil drawing water out of my skin causing dehydration and if so would making the oil with some kind of moisturizer stop this?
    OR is it the magnesium in my body causing more water to bind to it, temporarily requiring more water until the stores are repleted?

Also I have been getting hives from this. Do they go away after long term use?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. Inger

Inger Silver

good questions Sean. I have gotten some dry skin on my feet too..... like it peels off? Looks better now... I have had to make some pedicure more often tho to keep my feet pretty.. weird!

I am guessing the second guess of yours could be it? Like more magnesium in your bod makes you need more water too somehow, as it binds to the water? I have read people have had increased thirst from using magnesium oil too.....
    interesting........
    so it is maybe an issue if you cant drink then? Maybe try to sip on water over day day, frequently, small amounts....

So good it helped with the heart palps.. heart palps are no fun

seanb4 likes this.
  3. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yea thanks for recommending it. The palps are a lot lower now. Still heart fluttering and occasional palps but nowhere near as bad.

I hope it is the magnesium binding more water as then hopefully my dehydration will reduce once my stores have been replenished.

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

How would you guys recommend using the oil? I have a tendency to 'forget' about the oil because I don't like the way it feels on my skin. It kind of burns and has a shitty residue. I've also stained clothes unknowingly with it. But I know that it is one of the best way to get magnesium into your cells so it is something that I need to do more of. When I do use it I seem to get the occasional energy surge which is great. I just wish it would last.

5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I was applying coats of the stuff constantly throughout the day when my palps where bad, the burn isnt as bad after a few applications... be kind of a pain to constantly apply the stuff at work though...

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  6. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I always add about 20% water to bottle, doesn't sting then. Never had problem with stains either & put on am & pm every day.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I agree with Jenny. We just bought some from a Physio and it wasn't full strength. He also said ( I am pretty sure I am remembering this right). If we are low in magnesium it will burn. Don't take that to the bank tho - I will ask next time I see him.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks guys- awesome info
    Yeah mixing it with water looks like the way to go. I've been putting it on in the shower at the end. It doesn't really burn when you put it on after a cold shower!:)

9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I've just started focusing on the magnesium thing the last few days and one thing that I noticed right away is my sleep is has really improved at night.
    We all know how big sleep is:thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Yes, I would dilute it a bit too if it stings.. or apply it somewhere where the skin is not so sensible.... I like to rub it into my chest and lower legs or feet

Also I have read it absorbs in about 20 minutes so after that you could rinse it off and still get a benefit :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That's exactly where I rub it in too :).
    I did a little bit of research on it last night because I do get some benefit from it for sure.
    (YouTube is great for that!).
    Dr. Sircus says that you can also get a magnesium gel that does not burn:thumbsup:.
    He also raves about the benefits of plain old baking soda!

12. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I've also used it - Magnesium Oil - in the past and it burned, then after a week of use did not burn anymore.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Maybe a continual burning sensation is a sign of using up more magnesium faster than it can be replaced (?). If we evolved around the oceans being constantly exposed to salt water (tons of magnesium) then our skin and our lungs would have always had magnesium to draw from. This maybe why we have such a hard time absorbing it internally.
    Like Jack said "our external environment must match our internal environment" (not his exact words).
    So we would have had a low, consistent dose of magnesium and other minerals all day long from the water, air and the food.