1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Magnesium-l-threonate exacerbated EHS - why?

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Katejc, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Katejc

Katejc Silver

Dear Jack,

I tried magnesium-l-threonate as a good source of magnesium for my brain. It caused an flare up of my electrohypersensitivity - specifically my brainstem area and brain.

I tried this supplement with Vitamin B2 on advice from a neurologist after a diagnosis of vestibular migraine. Tests done on my balance system and hearing system showed no irregularities so my neurologists concluded I was getting vestibular migraine from normal movement. I told her this was not the case as I could walk up and down the hills and gullies in the National Park near me with not get vestibular migraine but that I got it in what I describe as 'complex electrical environments' - where there was generally wi-fi.

Just wondering if you have thoughts on this. I have no doubt I'm magnesium deficient but am working on my elevated BUN/ creatinine ratio and potassium through your 6 best healers.

Thank you,

Kate

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

sensitizes neurons and receptors.......no shocker.

3. Katejc

Katejc Silver

So is my response a good or a bad indicator? I'm presuming it's bad - it sure feels bad. But clearly I need more magnesium. So ...?

I've had a cold bath most nights for almost a year now and got into my local swimming hole in the National Park near me over winter (just outside of Sydney so not so cold) - 9 degree C water (so under 50 degrees F) - in the afternoon sun. Completely sublime.

I did this primarily to help lower my inflammatory response (at a muscular level and nerve level) but also as I was not breastfed as a baby so want to sharpen up my leptin response - and as it helps sleep/ autophagy etc.

Interestingly, over time I think this is helping my mineral balance in my body - something to do with kidney function - and my skin has become very soft.

In summary - I think my magnesium levels might be improving :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019