1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Mackerel head smoothie

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by nonchalant, Jul 13, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Ok I'm pretty sure I wasn't drunk yesterday. Why again am I drinking fish heads today??

2. Linz

Linz Gold

I hope your blender is stronger than mine. I could swear that fish winked at me.

Two heads in the blender with a little water. Blender bounced around on the shelf , lid flew off and both heads whacked me in the chest while the juice sprayed everywhere!

Next time I'll chop them up first ...... and do you think we can add a little lemon and parsley?

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Linz, welcome to the club! You're ahead of us!

Cilantro sounds good too. I donno, making it palatable might be against the rules..

4. Linz

Linz Gold

Thanks Nonchalant. I'm not ahead at all. Quite went off the idea of tasting the fish once I finished washing down the kitchen

but I have swallowed my first raw oyster and I even enjoyed it a little. I won't give up on the mackerel next time...

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

That visual is priceless...*giggles*

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Got vitamix, got mackerel head.

Watch this space it's on for dinner. Wasn't sure if my tummy would handle it for BAB. I think I will do a slushy frozen with an insane amount of lemon. That's how I used to eat my insane amounts of greens as a raw foodie. I bet it works for mackerel heads :D

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

B/c you said so without thinking things through really and now I'm going to hold you up to what you said..... :p

Or maybe b/c it's got tons of the magic lipid and macro/micro nutrients and it nicely mirrors what our neurobiochemistry needs to give you the sexiest hormone panel you ever dreamt of :D

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I'm off to get the fishies. I'm going to go for 3, because I doubt I'll do this again. ;-)

I wonder if my Osterizer can handle them. I'll chop up the heads, but this is a 60's model blender... But I do have a modern, ice crushing blade for it...

Ok, I'll chop the heads a bit more. And maybe get a second lemon. Got plenty of cilantro.

Come on, Linz! You don't want to be left behind!!!

9. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Love it! This is going to be fun!

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I don't think neanderthals will rule. I think it will be the people without taste buds :p

11. Dear lord I love this thread. Please someone do photos and vid! I want to know what the hell you ladies have been doing with ice. Shoving it in your ears? Insane!

12. I wish I lived closer to the Asian stores. I would so be in to try this. However, I will watch your progress and decide later if I want to make the drive to get the mackerel heads. Please, yes, pics I really need to see the expression on your faces as the cold, wet, fishie slushie hits the back of your throat! Oh yeah, we all need a good laugh today!

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

if you suck on ice for long enough you can't taste a thing..... so I say put it everywhere

14. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh, pics are a good idea.

15. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I am eating lunch getting a visual.;) I have cleaned a lot of fish in my life and never thought about drinking the heads!!! I don't know how you guys can do this. Inger is amazing. I know it would be fantastic if I could but how do you get to that point of actually doing it?

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Did it!

OMG THANK YOU Souldanzer for the lemon idea!!!!

17. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I think I ate more gross things as a raw foodie

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'm still full from BAB and will be for another many hours. Lemons are my secret trick - any pics?

19. Please please photos. Color me impressed with all of this. And not to be a pooper - but WHAT is the reason a mackerel head smoothly vs eating salmon?

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Working on getting the pics. I should have reduced the resolution before taking them!

Why mackerel? Well, because Inger said so!