1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lynch syndrome

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by primalmofo, Jun 22, 2020.

1. primalmofo

primalmofo Student Doctor

Hi everyone,

I am posting this because I need your help and guidance. I am a long time mitochondriac, and have just discovered I have a mutated gene for Lynch syndrome MSH6 (despite a weak family history of cancer), which puts females and males at around a 20% lifetime risk of getting colon cancer, and puts females at a 50% risk of getting endometrial cancer. I am 27 years old.

Can someone help me understand how mitochondria and epigenetics play into this?

Is the consensus here that these genes will only be expressed if we have high heteroplasmy rates?

The recommendations for males and females is to do a colonoscopy every two years and additionally for females to undergo total hysterectomy.

I am so stressed and confused as to what to do for myself and my family. Will being a mitochondriac prevent this gene from expressing itself? Should I do what the doctors say and get routine colonoscopies and have the females in my family undergo hysterectomies?

PS: there are studies (CAPP2) that show daily aspirin can reduce colorectal cancer incidence by 60% in those with Lynch syndrome

Thanks for reading.

@JanSz you've always done a great job enlightening me
    @Jack Kruse I wish I could have an appointment with you, but I can't find a way

JanSz likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. primalmofo

Thanks Jansz, I will consider adding iodine to the mix.

I am brainstorming a daily supplement to offset me and my family's risk which now looks like: methylene blue (10-20 mg) + aspirin (320 mg) + red light on the abdomen (+ iodine?)

also considering ozone rectal insufflation if my budget allows

Still I am not sure what to do about the hysterectomy procedure. As of now we are taking the advice of our physicians and medical professionals that it is what is recommended. I am also planning on undergoing regular colonoscopies about every two-three years

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Do not fear.
    Just live the good life connected to nature, and you will do well. :)

I would never do a colonoscopy, or hysterectomy! Please dont!!!

If you are a mitochondriac, you will learn to trust in nature.

Tan naked grounded to the earth in nature, it will prevent cancer. Eat seafood, and what grows locally. You know all this. I paint iodine(Lugols) on my belly and breasts too a few times/week to make sure those organs get enough iodine.
    And make sure you love life :) :)
    The psyche is also a very important factor for health. If your thoughts are toxic it will destroy your health too. If you have unresolved trauma, do the healing work.

primalmofo likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Not sure about aspirin.
    Not sure about your proposed dose of Methylene Blue. Instead 10 drops of MB/day. The kind suggested by @DrEttinger
    3grams=3000mg of NAC from Now Foods (Note, the 600mg kind there comes with Selenium (which is not bad).
    -----
    There also is a biggie from @DrEttinger ----->> potassium (+++other)
    As a human species, we have changed our diet drastically after inventing agriculture 10000 years ago.
    That seems long ago, but it is a very recent evolution-vise. Not long enough to accommodate.
    As a result, a long list of problems may hopefully be avoided or somewhat postponed if potassium intake is adjusted.
    --------------------------------
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/we-need-a-migraine-rx.14000/page-5#post-290443

Table 2
    Some Physiological Effects Of Potassium Bicarbonate
    And Bicarbonate-Generating Organic Anions That Have
    Positive Health Benefits

Established Associations
    Stomach antacid#
    Diuretic,* natriuretic,* chloruretic*
    Increases serum potassium concentrations to evolutionary
    optima*
    Corrects thiazide induced hypokalemia*39
    Antihypertensive: reduces systolic & diastolic blood
    pressure*40-44
    Optimizes endothelial function*45
    Increases aortic compliance*46
    Stroke prevention, independently of bp reduction*47,48,49
    Reverses salt-induced (sodium chloride-induced) increases
    in blood pressure*42,50
    Reverses salt-induced increases in urine calcium
    excretion#42,51
    Increases urinary citrate excretion#52–54
    Reduces kidney stone formation#55
    Reduces urine calcium excretion and improves negative
    calcium balance#56
    Reduces urine phosphorous excretion and improves
    negative phosphorus balance#56
    Reduces urine nitrogen excretion#57
    Inhibits osteoclastic bone resorptive activity#58
    Stimulates osteoblastic bone formative activity#58
    Decreases bone resorption markers in vivo#56
    Reduces production of the reno-toxin, ammonia (NH3)#
    Acts as vasodilator59,60
    Reduces production of the reno-vasoconstrictor,
    thromboxane*61
    Increases production of vasodilators, prostaglandins &
    nitric oxide*62,63
    Reduces free radical formation (therefore antiatherogenic)*
    Increases growth hormone blood levels in older
    individuals*65
    Neutralizes the diet-induced endogenous acid load#56
    Corrects the systemic metabolic acidosis caused by
    typical American diets#56
    Increases plasma bicarbonate & reduces blood acidity#56
    Lowers serum chloride concentrations#56
    Increases serum phosphorus concentrations*66
    Improves age-related declines in cognitive function*67
    #predominantly a bicarbonate effect
    *predominantly a potassium effect
    #combined potassium and bicarbonate effect
    =========================================
    Thiazide refers to both a class of sulfur-containing organic molecules
    ==========================================================

upload_2020-6-23_7-32-18.png
    @DrEttinger
    how much and when are you suggesting (Sodium bicarbonate)?
    When using it, does that affect daily dose of sea salt?

https://www.advancedhealing.com

/////////////
    upload_2020-6-23_7-40-32.png

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    primalmofo likes this.
  6. primalmofo

Thank you @Inger for your sound and caring words. I am going on a camping trip this upcoming week where I will be grounding and getting sun, trying to eat my best. I will be meditating as well for the psyche. However given my increased risk, I think colonoscopy may be wise as it is screening, prevention and treatment in one. I may try to increase the interval from 2 years to longer though. As far as hysterectomy, it will be up to the ladies in my life if that is how they want to proceed. They are not mitochondriacs like myself, but are healthy. The issue for them is there are not sufficient screening options for gynecological cancers.

7. primalmofo

Thank you @JanSz. Potassium and NAC will be added to the regimen. There is a low amount of NAC in the PQQ supplement I take on occasion, but I will get a separate supplement for it now.

As for aspirin, I am not so sure of it either. The reason for me including it is this study: https://www.thelancet.com/pdfs/journals/lancet/PIIS0140-6736(20)30366-4.pdf

They found that colorectal cancer incidence for people with Lynch dropped 60% after four years of daily 600 mg aspirin, and the effect lasted beyond 10 years after stopping.

This study evaluates methylene blue + aspirin + red light for breast cancer (posted by Jack) : https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28499173/

And Gerald pollack claims aspirin increased the EZ zone by 3x

Given this info, why wouldn't I include it in my regimen?