1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lyme

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by nuttmegs17, Apr 20, 2013.

1. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Hello. For any of you who have lyme or one of its co infections. What were your symptoms and treatment?

I ask bc over the years it's been brought up a few times with me but I'm not sure how I am symptomatic. I have low hormones across the board and adverse reactions to hormone treatment but that seems to be it (I also have hashis and there are some overlaps in symptons). But I don't exhibit the neurological or arthritic symptoms....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

My only symptoms were inability to fix my adrenal fatigue and my thyroid issues. I don't have any of the typical symptoms. My Lyme was confirmed with a CD57. Doc said that the lowest she likes to see is 150. Mine was 16.

We are using ozone therapy to treat it. I have had about 11 treatments so far. I just retested but have not seen the results yet.

3. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Are u feeling any better with treatment? Has it helped your adrenal and thyroid probs? Last winter I had a CD57 of 120 but was told that is inconclusive. For instance there was a person who had a positive lyme test but a great CD57

4. kjgraffin@yahoo.com

kjgraffin@yahoo.com New Member

Not yet but I am told it can take a while to see results. I am also working with a new doc for my thyroid and adrenal fatigue. Just added cytomel with my Armour and going to see how that works.

5. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Good luck!

6. tweety

tweety New Member

I only suspect lime. I definitely had a tick bite at age 8, and last year I did the western blot. Two bands came back positive, one that is usually a good indicator of a positive lyme, but the conventional docs want 5 bands positive to diagnose. My symptoms I attribute to lyme would be like the above poster- inability to improve adrenal fatigue, opposite response to BHRT, and other random things. My blood sugar is always low, and despite being paleo and seasonal for two and a half years I still become fatigued and cranky when hungry. I still experience migraines from over-exertion (even when I do not feel I am over-exerting myself), and little things like this.

Last year a chiro muscle tested me for takesumi supreme, a Japanese bamboo charcoal. I took it sporadically, then forgot about it. A few weeks ago I remembered I had it in the cupboard and looked it up on the internet to see what it is used for. Lo and behold, it is used for people struggling to detoxify their systems of EMF, chronic conditions (like lyme), heavy metals, etc. I have been taking it twice a day now and am on my second week and feel it is putting me back on track. My random swelling is going down, my digestion is improved, and I feel more like myself! I am hopeful it is helping my system clear out some of the things weighing me down so I can really get down to healing.

7. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Interesting. Where can one get this charcoal?

8. tweety

tweety New Member

google takesumi supreme. There was one place online I found it, but I just get it from this chiro.

9. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Lyme treatment is more of an exorcism than a healing process. I was finally diagnosed with Lyme, babesia, and bartonella in 2009 after years of being sick.

My symptoms were fevers over 104 almost daily, horrible night sweats, severe fatigue, pain in most of body so severe I took vicodin daily just to take the edge off...never got relief. The cognitive decline was so bad I was unable to read, spell my name, often stopped speaking in the middle of sentences unaware I was in a conversation, got lost driving in my own neighborhood, crawled to bed at night the pain was so horrific. I was on my way to needing a wheelchair at 33 yrs old and feared not knowing my family as I thought I had alzheimers. Some times I'd be sitting in a room with them and become very upset and frightened because I didn't know who I was with or where I was....it was insane!

I have healed about 80% of my issues. I am in school to become a nurse practitioner so definitely all my cognitive issues have resolved. No more fibromyalgia, no more fevers, sweats, pain, migraines. No problems speaking or walking. I feel quite good aside from being fat and tired.

I do have hormone and thyroid problems. My adrenals are awesome now...after being completely tanked.

Based on what yall have posted as symptoms IMHO you dont have Lyme symptoms that I would treat. I would certainly pay attention to your body if it showed signs, but the treatment is hard on the liver and i wouldn't subject the body to it unless it was necessary.

Activated charcoal is a great binder...make sure you take it away from any other supplement/med as it will take it with it. If you use something like charcoal you must be sure your bowels are moving fantastically.

As for adrenal fatigue i can not recommend the supplement I have used for years highly enough Researched Nutritionals EnergyMultiPlex

https://www.researchednutritionals.com/store/item.cfm?code=CRN105&cat=2

Love that stuff! My adrenals were in horrible shape. Functioning so well now. Cortisol levels good, stress reactions minimal.

If your adrenals are in bad shape it is worth mentioning that adrenal fatigue and Lyme symptoms do overlap a lot.

To really rule out or address the Lyme...if you believe it to be part of your problem I would personally run an Igenex test for lyme and co infections. Labcorp and Quest are very hit or miss. MDL is a lab my family has had good results with also.

Feel free to message me if I can help at all. I have spent 4 years successfully battling this beast. Lyme is endemic in my area and I am constantly helping people I don't even know that get referred to me to make their way through the mess of dealing with Lyme. I cringe every time I hear of someone suffering with lyme because it is beatable with the right ammunition. Just so hard to find a doc that knows how to arm the body.

Hope and Josh like this.
  10. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

This is super helpful. Thats kinda what got me thinking. I watched "under my skin" and granted - those are extreme cases -but I didnt have any of those symptons

Before I realized I was gluten intolerant, I did have some neurological/muscular troubles - but that stopped when I cut out gluten (which is why I NEVER cheat in that area)...the adrenal, thyroid probs have been persistent. Despite what my labs say - normal by even Stop the thyroid madness levels - I still do not look or feel normal. I have serveral doc appts lined up over the next few wees, mainly I want a second opinion to see if there is anything else I can tweak.

I am thankful to not be experiecing pain like you mentioned and count my lucky stars every day that of all the ailments I've experienced joint pain has never been an issue.

Becasue I've been resistent to medications - it took me a LONG time to tolerate my thyroid meds and I had to go extremely slow either ramping up and now ramping down from HC - lyme of coinfections or biotoxins have come up as a possible suggestions often.

The NP I am seeing this weekend runs the Igenx lab...I will talk to her more in depth about this and see if she thinks its worth me running the test (as I will be paying for this out of pocket and and dont believe insurance will cover anything). I have an appt with a Lyme Literate Dr but its not until Oct which is why they directed me to her while I am waiting. She only costs $60 as opposed to the $360 I'll be paying for my consult in Oct.

That supp you listed looks AMAZING. It basically has almost everything I take seperately and looks like something Dr. Kruse would put together himself, ha! I am wondering if it would be better for me to just use that and will ask the NP if she can get it for me....thanks for showing that to me.

I just recently ordered Ashwaganda bc its supposed to help support the HPA - we'll see..

i am happy you are doing so much better! That must have been an absolute nightmare. thanks for sharing your story and good luck on your new career. Going into nursing is one of my goals once I leave Chicago. I guess once you have health issues, medical stuff becomes your life so it only makes sense that you'd want to go into it...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  11. cantweight

cantweight Gold

That supplement is amazing!! You can order it online. I order from www.pureformulas.com have found them to be well priced :)

The Igenex test can run 6-800 depending on what you run. You can have your doc try quest or labcorp first and see if anything comes up positive we have had them work for us plenty of times. Also MDL labs are cheaper and more sensitive.
    I'm not sure where you are but I have an incredible Lyme doc in Northern VA. People travel from all over the country to see her. She is up there with Dr Kruse in brilliance....that is not a term I lightly or frequently when it comes to docs :)

12. Hope

Hope Gold

Christi, I'd love to hear about your lyme MD.....

13. cantweight

cantweight Gold

I will PM all her info. She's incredible....I hope to work with her when i finish school :)

Hope likes this.
  14. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Please pm me the name as well :) !!!

15. sums-sums

sums-sums New Member

16. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Hello! I finally got into see a lyme doc (took a year to get in!). Took igenex and some tests for coinfections and I apparently have lyme, mycoplasma, anaplasma , and she suspects Bartella. I was prescribed rifampin and azuthromycin (to start. We will apparently cycle in other antibiotics and some natural support). she thinks it will take anywhere from 3 months to 24 months or treat. I'm a bit scared but you saying you beat it gives me hope. Can you tell me how you were treated and perhaps things to look out for? I just started the meds today and so far I am just a little tired. I know I will have to support detox and avoid alcohol. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

17. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Im glad you are finally getting some answers. Its a bit of a battle to get all that crap out but so worth it. Be sure to eat strict epi paleo and be good to your gut as the abx are tough. Probiotics are helpful, and liver support like milk thistle. Definitely steer clear of alcohol while your liver is busy dealing with this mess. I also like sun chlorella, welchol, and/or activated charcoal as a binder.

Lots of water and all the sunlight and grounding you can get. I cant stress that enough. Dont take it lightly.

Its a bit of a crooked path lyme and co force us to take....on one hand we have to eradicate these bugs by some of the worst means possible and on the other we have to support the well being of our body and brain to the best of our ability. The stronger you can make your body (think redox potential) the swifter your recovery will be and the stronger you will stay in the wake of these meds.

CT if you can but at the very least get your self outdoors. Fresh air, feet in the grass, sun on as much skin as you can bare. Eat clean, avoid NNEMF and blue light, sleep well.

Feel free to PM me and I wish you the very best :)

18. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Thank you!! I need to work on grounding (Chicago winters drive me indoors) but everything else is on point. What was your testament and how long did it last? Is it normal for me to bee this tired after rifampin? Or is that just herx? Had to call into work this morning due to the drowsiness ..

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

put up a pic soon, new rules.

20. cantweight

cantweight Gold

It took me about 18 months before I felt like I had kicked some serious ass. But there was marked improvement after about 6 months. Remember I was coming from a really bad place...you will probably see a much more swift recovery :)
    I did not know then what I know now and could have really shortened that time for myself by addressing field, and adding in a bunch of DrK's protocols.

I have a practically bulletproof immune system now.....takes a perfect storm of crap for me to get sick now where as before I was at the point I had to avoid public places from Sept-April or I would catch something constantly. Same with my kiddies from fall -spring a non stop rollercoaster of ear infections, sinus infections, strep throat, and colds. This year we made in until March and one finally went down with a sinus infection but he is having other health issues that have put him in a weakened state. So there is a great level of health to be regained and you will be there before you know it :)

I found the whole treatment process exhausting to my body and tried to get as much rest and sleep as possible. Just be good to your body and give it all the support you can. Try to sweat and detoxify...lymphatic massage would be awesome as well as sauna. Hydrate like mad. It may get worse before it gets better, but it is so worth it!

Hope likes this.