1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Luke's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by LukePrince, Jun 10, 2021.

1. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

I made a post a while ago, but I deleted it. I thought I'd say it again after revisiting this forum more reguarly now. I want to update this journal as I believe what I have is fixable. I'll quickly rehash what I said.

- Depersonalization 24/7 for 13 years.
    - Think it was caused by excessive screen time and drug use
    - Feeling of blocked ears/behind eyes that I still have to this day
    - Chronic fatigue for first 8 of those years.
    - Last 5 years found deep breathing/grounding whilst looking towards the sun sucks up energy from the ground and I have enough energy now.
    - Depersonalization forced me to meditate constantly to find spaciousness among a frightening cut-off feeling.
    - Last year, blue light bocking glasses and within a couple of weeks did the deep, grounded breathing and I could feel the blocked ear/eye sensation go! Incredible! Felt a lot better. Still not completely fixed.

I started sunbathing recently at measured times all throughout the day and although I feel OK afterwards, the next day I crash.

I wonder if it's still my excessive screen time that is causing the DP/DR. I have used it daily as a crutch. Perhaps it's burying the sun. Perhaps a mixture of the two. I still don't know why blocking the blue light didn't completely cure it and only got rid of half the problem.

I will be updating this page to let you know how I get on.
    -

2. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

I have startd trying cold again. I'm very sensitive to it. I get weird symptoms if I over do it. I'm timing both the cold and sun exposure very carefully and doing them intermittently throughout the day.

To get the measurement of how long I should be exposed to both for, I go by the sensation I get behind my eye when I internally squeeze it. It's difficult to put into words. When it does pulse when I sqeueeze it, I know I should get ouf of the sun/cold.

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Not everyone does well with the cold.

Have you done a 23andme test?

Give Jack your health history and also your Mom's and Gran's.

Where do you live? work?

4. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Well the cold failed me. I don't think I'd have a problem with it if it weren't for this infection. I've not taken a 23 and me test.

I live in a village in the south of the UK. It's summer and generally nice here from May-Aug, but I will look to going away to south Europe from September. My original message gives most of the infromation I want to give.

Next goal is to go completely computer/phone free for a month or so and see what happens. It started to clear up as I stated in my OP when I wore the blue blocking glasses/iris. Perhaps I just need to do away with the computer after all. I've spent my life addicted to it and it's not healthy.

5. Anne V

Anne V Silver

not sure i like 23andme so much anymore . like ancestry, i believe they sell the info to??? or does it not matter??

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yes - I think it does matter....

Alternative????

7. Anne V

Anne V Silver

no xx

8. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Since the deep breathing + grounding worked, I thought how about I stay on the grass from prolonged periods of time. I did this for several days. Each time I would spent multiple times per day with 10-15 minutes on the grass. However, this made me (automatically) press down on the blockage/infection site. I could feel the electricity come up through my legs like it does with the breathing and I thought I was getting somewhere. However on perhaps the 5th day of doing this I became very tired and my heart area felt weak. So I stopped. No bueno.

Next on the agenda is fasting. I'm confident that it may lead me somewhere new. I've always been hesitant to fast as it's not the best feeling. But I've never gone very long. Perhaps I will try going ketotic first with the diet and then the fasting will be easier. I intuitively don't have a taste for carbs anyway, I just eat potatoes/rice/pasta at dinner and lunch because it's the "done thing". I'm not sure if many of the people here would agree with me going into ketosis mid-summer. Maybe I should wait til autumn. Let me think about it

9. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

I've never actually been hungry since I got these symptoms. I haven't felt the sensation of hunger in over 12 years. But I like to eat food and can often eat large plates, especially lunch and dinner. I think it's very strange I don't feel the hunger sensation. Even with the grounded breathing and digestion working properly agian, I don't feel it.

I have also thought about doing OMAD with breakfast. When I do it with dinner it doesn't usually feel that great, although I'm usually OK with it. It's obviously not the correct thing to do most of the time. I would like to see the difference for breakfast OMAD.

I also have a history of alcohol abuse of this last decade. I've been struggling on and off with it. Thankfully off of it now, but it's definitely not done me any favours.

10. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Perhaps I'd be able to handle the cold if I'm keto adapted? I used to be able to do cold as a carb eater, with symptoms. But now even with a little bit of cold exposure they come back pretty hard.

I don't usually have any symptoms normally, it's not like I'm really ill or anything. Great digestion and stool. Good enough hair and skin. So I don't get this inaibility to be able to cold adapt/exercise. Perhaps Keto will do the trick. Would be a nice surprise.

11. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Mini update: I told you guys that the ear/eye/brain blockage thing was reduced when I wore blue blocking glasses, I could feel it going down. I didn't tell you about the improvement I got when I switched from f.lux to Iris software, the latter in which reduces (/eliminates?) flicker. On the initial switch I felt that I can visually sense the world better - things looked more real (this was also true from the switch from blue-lit screens to f.lux), so that seems like I'm moving in the right direction.

Maybe this depersonalization thing was caused 13 years ago because of a the blue light and flicker effect? I forgot to add also that I have visual snow aswell, which is probably me still sensing the flickering of the screen?

I also read on a thread that I was doing it wrong and that I should turn the brightness on full on my system and then reduce the brightness on the Iris software? I'm on day 3 of that now and can sense the blockage is reducing a little bit.

So I'm convinced that the blue light and flicker effect are the cause of my problem here. Maybe I should give up screens for a few weeks? Even with Iris software I still believe there is some flicker effect from screens? Anyone have any insight on this? Is there any further way I can reduce flicker from my laptop screen? Thanks

12. Aussie Chris

Aussie Chris New Member

You might find a forum ledstrain.org helpful. Many people there have issues with flickering, PWM.. and something called dithering.
    Basically, dithering is where 2 colours are flashed back and forth to create an intermediate colour, which enables companies like Apple to market their displays as having x million colours. In fact, many people on the forum target Apple displays (including tablets and phones) as one of the main offenders to their physical/mental issues. There is a program developed for Intel Windows chipsets that stops the dithering process, which many on the forum have said gives some relief.
    Personally I think that we just aren't meant to safely use screens/non-sunlight frequencies. But avoidance isn't always easily possible.

13. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Thanks for letting me know! Do you know what the program is called?

14. Aussie Chris

Aussie Chris New Member

ditherig.exe I think ("dithering" without the "n"). Just search for it on that forum. It only works on certain computers though.

15. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Great, thank you. I've installed it. And disabled my graphics card. I'm not sure I notice much difference but it's worth having on. Maybe it is more significant if I have Iris turned off, i.e. when the blue light is back on and showing colours? Worth having on in the background on anyway. Cheers

Aussie Chris likes this.
  16. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

I'm going to try adapting to a ketogenic diet and then try cold exposure again. Hopefully that's the missing key. I know it's the end of August and so ketosis isn't necessarily optimal, however the fact that I can't go for 30 seconds of cold exposure without weird symptoms shows that I need to try and conquer this. Ketosis may be the key? Any one have any insight on this? @Jack Kruse ?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  17. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

At the moment I'm in south Europe. I'm utilizing the sun all throughout the day. I can only stay in the sun up to 30 seconds at peak solar noon. At sunrise, generally 10-15 minutes. I then go inside and have to wait 30-90 minutes before going back out.

I have to time myself in the sun meticulously otherwise I get bad symptoms. If I time myself impeccably, I can go all throughout the day and generally feel a lot better off because of it. It is a strange thing - to time myself I always "scrunch down" my eye and my right one "bounces back" and this tell me it's OK to continue sunbathing. When it doesnt "scrunch back" - that's the time to get out, otherwise it's symptoms time.

18. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

19. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

Felt too bad to continue with ketosis. Heart rate up and just felt off so decided against it. Considering buying a magnetico pad. Magetism is the only thing that's worked so far, and I could just need some of that constant magnetic power of the magnetico to detox whatever this is?

The sun only helps so much because I can only stay in it for a limited time before getting symptoms. I feel good if I get the timing of it right. But there's an upper limit and if I cross that my day is ruined. Tries to detox this infection-thing too hard and my body just resists it. I'm in southern Europe now and the sun is a good strength. I personally don't see how going further south would help at this point in removing what I have. It helps for sure, but it won't help with reversal.

Would any one reading this recommend me the magnetico for my situation?

20. LukePrince

LukePrince New Member

I have considered acupuncture too. I will try this out