1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ltwo's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Ltwo, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Ltwo

Ltwo Silver

Suffering from IBS for approx. last 10+ years, with bloating and pain in right side just under rib cage. In July 2010, had colonoscopy and doctor found Colon Polyps with Diverticulosis. Had upper GI, ultra sound of abdomen, hida scan, and CT scan. Gastroentrogologist, Internal Medicine Doctor, and OB/GYN Doctor can find nothing else wrong with me, other than IBS and was advised there is no way to prevent polyps.

Since 2010, continue struggling with severe IBS, bloating, leaky gut, fatigue, brain fog, and elevated platelets from 415 in 2010, to 440 - 2 months ago.

After finding Jack Kruse's site in 2013, I have read and incorporated many practices into my life. Eating GF Beef, more sea food and trying overall to live by Brain Gut 6. Purchased his book and have been a Bronze Member since May 2013. July 2013, leaky gut has gotten better following Jack's Leaky Gut Protocol and following the Epi-Paleo Diet. Performed CT during May, June, July, and August 2013 with the Flexi-Ice vests that were on Jack's website. I bought multiply vests and wrapped my body from my waist to my knees, for 1 to 2 hours per day. I felt calm and many days, this CT was the only thing that kept me going forward. I read and re-read the blog and took questions to my doctors, which at one point they offered me antidepressants, which I promptly refused. I need help, not drugs, however there was nothing they could do for me. It was hard to keep moving forward with so much brain fog some days, however I knew that this information is the key to my future recovery, and I continue to read and re-read blogs/information.

In Dec 2013, had follow up colonoscopy, and doctor found additional Diverticulosis and more polyps - one was a sessile serrated polyp approx. 33 cm., removed via Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR). Thank god there was a doctor with this expertise, or it would have been very difficult to get over a full abdominal surgery in my state of health. However, I am very concerned about getting colon cancer or another deadly disease.

In looking for help to prevent getting sicker, met with Functional Medicine Doctor in Nebraska who offers the Patricia Kane Protocol, which uses Phosphatidylcholine, Butyrate (Sodium/Potassium) and Glutathione, via supplement and IV treatment too. Here is a link to PK's latest seminar: http://www.bodybio.com/Data/Default/...rence-2013.pdf - which has an executive summary of the protocol. I am still learning/evaluating if this is the best choice for me at this time.

Most recently I listened to Jack's latest Webinar and Q&A from The Epi-Paleo Diet with Dr. Jack Kruse and found two big pieces of wisdom from this call - 1st: how was my BUN/Creatine level - which Jack stated should be 7 to 1. My recent blood panel from 11.04.2013 for BUN is 12 and Creatine is 0.7. This was surprising to me because I drink 64 to 80 oz. of water per day. Looking for information on how to improve water function in my body.

2nd: info from this Webinar: I get a red face after eating, particularly around my nose and mouth. Wow - how eyeopening. I explained this to my doctor, he just looked at me and had no idea.

Have had Thyroid problems over the last several years, however doctor felt the numbers were borderline, of if needed was given Synthroid. This never helped, because it was always the Free T3 and T4 conversion numbers that were never tested. So in August 2013, ordered my own Thyroid Panel through Lef.org and took the results to my doctor. Now taking Armour Thyroid at 1 mg. This is not the answer, because there are many other issues that prevent my thyroid from working, however it has helped with some of the brain fog.

I am currently reviewing the Brain Gut 6, and other Blogs that Jack Kruse suggested. I have ordered the cookbook and Gerald Pollack's book. I have asked my husband to review the EMF Blog and to find ways to reduce our exposure, particularly with our wireless services in our home.

I take many supplements including curcumin, a good multi vitamin without copper or iron, D3, Vitamin C, Selenium, 1 Charcoal cap per meal (to help with bloating), Resveratrol, Quercetin, Omega 3, and CoQ10. Recently added Body Bio - Butyrate (Sodium/Potassium) and Phosphatidyl Choline.

Looking forward to Jack Kruse's next Webinar this weekend. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.