1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

LP's Optimal Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Limpei, May 27, 2016.

1. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

2. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

I've been doing some reading about UV.
    Am planning to adjust some of the lighting further in the house, but I want to know wth I'm actually doing, and WHY it's good.

So, as I'm reading Ubiquitination 25, I'm reminded of John Ott.
    Could it be that when we store up tonnes of UV in our cells, it serves as an immunity booster because it acts as a natural bactericide?

From what I read so far, it looks like UVA and UVB are a go, though the drawback from UVB is that it mutes testosterone production.
    "UVB turns off testosterone when it irradiates the skin and blood".
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ys-of-raising-testosterone.16937/#post-210904

So from what I read, Blacklights are almost pure UVA. Am learning more about this topic.

//

https://www.jackkruse.com/ubiquitination-25-uv-light-and-poop-plants/
    "UV light has a massive effect on oxygen on Earth. Oxygen is inheretly unstable element on Earth. The first two kingdoms of life, archea and bacteria are killed by most forms of UV light. They cannot use UV light as a power source so UV light constrains their growth and is bactericidal. UV light has the opposite effect on virus production in the oceans. I spoke about this in Brain Gut 2 blog. What made oxygen? Photosynthetic algae in the sea that made both DHA and oxygen as by products. As both of these by products grew in quantities life was able to explode. Why? DHA with its pi electron clouds allowed eukaryotes for the first time in history to fully utilize the most powerful part of sun’s visible spectrum to grow. DHA turns UV light into a strong DC electric current and can reverse the process as well."

John Ott:
    "As I did not want to give the living animals too much ultraviolet to start with, I was not certain just what intensity would be within a safe limit. While in process of trying to decide how much ultraviolet to give the animals, my wife and I had dinner one evening in a restaurant known as “Well of the Sea,” in the basement of the Hotel Sherman in Chicago. As soon as we entered the restaurant I noticed that there were black light ultraviolet lights placed throughout the ceiling. They had been installed solely for ornamental purposes, to cause designs on the waiters’ coats, as well as the menus, to fluoresce in the otherwise subdued light. The next morning I went back to the restaurant with a meter to measure the intensity of the ultraviolet at various distances from the ceiling, such as table level and the eye level of the waiters as they walked directly underthe various light fixtures.
    I also wanted to ask the captain of the waiters a number of questions. In view of the general concern, especially at that time, regarding danger of over-exposure to ultraviolet, I wondered how long the lights had been installed and whether he had experienced an unusually high turn-over among the personnel working in the restaurant. I asked him if any of his men complained of any eye problem, skin cancer, or other difficulties, such as sterility, which might be attributable to working for long periods of time under the black light ultraviolet. The captain told me that he had essentially the same group of men working for him as he had when they had opened the restaurant 18 years before. He said that the ultraviolet lights had been in use continually during that time, and that the health record of his men had been so consistently excellent that the manager of the hotel had checked into the situation, with medical supervision, to try to determine why this particular group of men was always on the job, even during flu epidemics, when other departments in the hotel would be short-handed because of employees’ illness.

I then talked to the manager of the hotel, who told me that these men working in the “Well of the Sea” seemed to be a particularly happy group – courteous and efficient, and all seemed to get along well together. He said no explanation had been found to explain this, and that, at the conclusion of the study, it was thought to be simply a coincidence that this particular group of men should be so healthy and content. I asked if the men had been given a health check-up at the time they were hired. The manager explained that this was not customary and that the men just happened to be at the head of the list when the waiters’ union was called on to staff the restaurant. I went back again on several occasions to talk with the captain and his men, and also to check to see if any of them were wearing glasses that would block the ultraviolet from entering the eyes. Not one of them wore glasses, which is rather unusual in this day and age, and none had ever complained of any eye problems or discomfort as the result of the ultraviolet light.

Therefore, the measurements I was able to make of the intensity of the ultraviolet at the “Well of the Sea” gave me a good clue as to a safe level of exposure to start with for the laboratory animals."

Sheddie likes this.
  3. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Sexual Dysfunction and Fertility and UV Light Linked
    http://www.ketoisland.com/news/sexual-dysfunction-and-fertility-and-uv-light-linked/

"Dr. Abraham Myerson found in 1939 that five days of UV light exposure to men’s chest area, increased total testosterone levels by ~120% 8 so you can see that vitamin D from UV sunlight is essential for the healthy development of sperm and it helps maintain semen quality and sperm count.

So I hope you can now see clearly what I see is a very strong coloration between pollution the fertility rate and sexual dysfunction and I only suspect the situation to get worse in Western Society with our ever increasing lack of UV light."

UVA then. Not UVB, since UVB turns off testosterone?

drezy likes this.
  4. WalterNL

WalterNL New Member

UVA/blacklight is one of the least bad choices after sundown. If it replaces blue lights you can be sure to experience improvement.
    UVA shows up earlier in the day and goes away later. But of course you need all frequencies that travel through the ozone layer.

[​IMG]

drezy and Limpei like this.
  5. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Thank you!

6. philip malone

philip malone Silver

If you're talking vit d you're taling uvb. The T may be a timing thing - see alexander wunsch....

drezy likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That little bulb likely it will do something. It is 15oW and likely used rarely.

Keep in mind that @Jack Kruse often emphasize that IR is 42% of sunlight energy.
    I would think that something like this (1500 watts),
    placed 3 feet from you (naked) sitting at your desk for hours
    may better represent the idea of IR as 42% sunlight energy at low lattitudes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R686FQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Quartz Heater ,Black, 1500 Watts

upload_2018-1-12_9-4-32.png

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  8. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Thanks much Philip. Will lookup Wunsch.
    I tend to get a buncha mid-day equatorial sun thanks to my lattitude.
    Am thinking of how to improve DC electric current and immunity, and the signs seem to point towards UVA.

9. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Thanks JanSz.
    Interestingly enough though, it's more than just IR that the little thing provides.
    Was reading the specs and the red spectrum has deeper penetration than just IR alone.
    I think it was Ben Greenfield who also mentioned this the red light as superior compared to just heat (IR).

10. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

OSF6, and what I'm implementing at the moment.
    "This should invoke you to think about Gerald Pollack’s work. Water’s EZ has the classic 270 nm absorption peak for light. Plant chromophores also have a large 280nm absorption peak. These are both in the UV range. Infra red radiation is the power used to charge separate water into a negative and positive zone. The EZ is the negative part. The hydronium layers (protons) are the positive part. The negative EZ acts very much like a n type semiconductor. Recall that the EZ is how water is split naturally into its charges when water abuts a hydrophilic substance. Proteins are make hydrophilic by the addition of electrons."

Sheddie likes this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Infrared cameras work on 850nm
    If you would look at that heater thru that kind of camera, I think you would see it, and it would be real bright.
    It would be nice to find a spectrum chart for similar heater.

upload_2018-1-16_8-49-24.jpeg

12. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Hey guys,
    Not wanting to miss any important details on Sunlight.

Is it possible to get too much sun?
    The only time daily I get out in the sun is about lunch break, which is about 11am to 2pm sun.
    Would that be detrimental in large equatorial doses?

I'm a Fitzpatrick Skin Type IV, and get a few hours of 11am to 2pm sun a week.
    Never burned in a very long time.

I get SOME AM sunlight. But can't do more than 10mins, cause I need to get back to work.

Thanks in advance!

13. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

15. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

Drinking baking soda could be an inexpensive, safe way to combat autoimmune disease
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/04/180425093745.htm
    In the spleen, as well as the blood and kidneys, they found after drinking water with baking soda for two weeks, the population of immune cells called macrophages, shifted from primarily those that promote inflammation, called M1, to those that reduce it, called M2. Macrophages, perhaps best known for their ability to consume garbage in the body like debris from injured or dead cells, are early arrivers to a call for an immune response.

In the case of the lab animals, the problems were hypertension and chronic kidney disease, problems which got O'Connor's lab thinking about baking soda.

One of the many functions of the kidneys is balancing important compounds like acid, potassium and sodium. With kidney disease, there is impaired kidney function and one of the resulting problems can be that the blood becomes too acidic, O'Connor says. Significant consequences can include increased risk of cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis.

"It sets the whole system up to fail basically," O'Connor says. Clinical trials have shown that a daily dose of baking soda can not only reduce acidity but actually slow progression of the kidney disease, and it's now a therapy offered to patients.

"We started thinking, how does baking soda slow progression of kidney disease?" O'Connor says.

That's when the anti-inflammatory impact began to unfold as they saw reduced numbers of M1s and increased M2s in their kidney disease model after consuming the common compound.

When they looked at a rat model without actual kidney damage, they saw the same response. So the basic scientists worked with the investigators at MCG's Georgia Prevention Institute to bring in healthy medical students who drank baking soda in a bottle of water and also had a similar response.

"The shift from inflammatory to an anti-inflammatory profile is happening everywhere," O'Connor says. "We saw it in the kidneys, we saw it in the spleen, now we see it in the peripheral blood."

////
    Am doing well.

Leptin reset has been doing my family good.

We are on the post Leptin Rx at the moment. Sleep quality has been great.
    Implemented UVA bulbs & IR therapy as well. Important for me and my wife since we are typically desk bound.

To further improve body composition, I'm going to be going on an Intermittent Fast, but continuing to eat breakfast as the major meal as per Post-Leptin Rx.

JanSz and WalterNL like this.
  16. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

This rings a bell.

Instead of toothbrush + toothpaste @Jack Kruse recommends
    paste made of baking soda + Hydrogen peroxide
    swished in the mouth

/

Limpei likes this.
  18. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

How do you keep up with all this sir? I find how much you know incredible.

How was your journey like? I'm honestly trying to get a hang of what's going on, but the lack of biochemistry has left me clueless for much part.

19. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

"Death by Calcium"
    https://www.amazon.com/Death-Calcium-First-Thomas-Levy/dp/0615889603
    http://www.svhi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/May2014_Newsletter_1b.pdf

Reminds me of:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/ca-channel-blockers.8408/

Dr Thomas Levy
    This book highlights and clearly documents the science behind the following assertions:
    1. Women with the highest calcium consumption, regardless of source (diet, supplements), had a death rate two and one-half times higher than the women with lower consumption. This was a prospective study on 61,433 women followed over a 19-year period.
    2. Women with osteoporosis do not have a generalized, body-wide deficiency of calcium. Rather, there is a deficiency of calcium in their bones, but the rest of their bodies have a calcium excess.
    3. While calcium supplementation alone can increase the calcium density in the bones, it does not decrease the chances of an osteoporotic fracture. It is a cosmetic improvement only, and it further fuels the excess of calcium outside of the bones.
    4. Typical American diets supply enough calcium for the needs of the body when blood vitamin D levels are maintained in the proper range.
    5. Because of the emphasis on increased calcium intake, the typical osteoporosis patient faces a much higher chance of death from heart attack and stroke than from the consequences of an osteoporotic fracture.
    6. Osteoporosis is a focal scurvy (severe vitamin C deficiency) of the bones.
    7. All chronic degenerative diseases feature increased levels of calcium inside the cells of the body.
    8. Measures that decrease further uptake of calcium inside the cells of the body substantially decrease the chances of death from all causes (a generalized reduction in mortality).
    9. Increased calcium deposition outside of the cells, as well as increased levels of calcium inside the cells, increase the chances of malignant transformation and the development of cancer.
    10. Over a third of Americans over the age of 45 already have evidence of arterial calcification.
    11. Many natural agents increase calcium in the bone, decrease calcium excesses throughout the body, and decrease the chances of death from all diseases. These include magnesium, vitamin D, vitamin C, vitamin K, and essential fatty acids (omega-3).
    12. The proper restoration of deficient levels of sex hormones (estrogen, testosterone) and thyroid hormone helps normalize calcium metabolism and also decreases the chances of death from all causes.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  20. Limpei

Limpei Rookie Biohacker

What is oxidation?
    "Oxidation is the loss of electrons during a reaction by a molecule, atom or ion."
    IE: Give electron away aka "Electron Steal Syndrome" (?)

What is redox?
    "Oxidation-Reduction"
    IE: Adding back electrons to the system.

It all comes down to the amount of electrons we get.
    Redox = Adding Electons back to the system = Sunlight, Grounding, Nutrition.

Net negative charge = Redox = Life

Because all disease has one thing in common: Oxidative damage

(and bloody hell, this page about CA channel blockers is starting to make sense:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/ca-channel-blockers.8408/page-3)