1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

lowbluelights.com bulbs ???

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Anneh, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Anneh

Anneh Gold

Hello everyone,

I am really hoping to get some help from you guys?

In terms of illumination in the evenings, it seems that people are discussing red lights and black lights (and candles and no lights). And from what I can tell Dr. Kruse also doesn't use them, so there must be a reason for that. But I am wondering why people are not using bulbs from lowbluelights.com, as they claim to prevent blue light spectrum, and they are linked to on the Jack Kruse website.

Thank you so much in advance for sharing your wisdom and experience.

Anne

2. Anneh

Anneh Gold

Ok, after a LOT more reading, I am going to assume it's because whatever blue blocking capacity they have, the lux is just too high in them. (I just measured all the different ones I own with an app and the lux is quite high on the regular bulbs. Even on the nightlight and the booklight it is potentially high enough to disrupt melatonin, although I'm still not completely sure about that?.)

I noticed a big difference in my head (migraines and eye pain) from using these bulbs. I simply can't have white lights on in the evening -- they make me sick, so these bulbs have been a big improvement that way. However, the lowbluelight.com bulbs are still quite bright, and I have not noticed any improvement in sleep from using them.

So onward and upward as I continue to reduce and modify the light in my environment at night.

3. shiran

shiran Curious

hey
    It is important at night to protect the eye with eyeglasses and skin with clothing
    Artificial light is not optimal only sunlight is optimal and correct for us
    I personally and since I do not live alone uses the
    https://lowbluelights.com/product/12-led-gooseneck-usb-light-copy/
    I adjust and reduce the light to a minimum possible by a long press behind..
    When I put on my UVEX glasses on The light from the lamp does not change and it means that there is no blue light in it
    Me and the children also go to sleep very early an hour after sunset so I do not have much dealing with the darkness just going to sleep is the best for us..