1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Testosterone, Low Oxytocin, Possible PCOS, High Glucose, Hypothyroid

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by campersurfer, Aug 6, 2014.

1. campersurfer

campersurfer New Member

Hi -- I just got a bunch of labs run, and I need help interpreting them. (My doctor was no help whatsoever!)
    Is this the place to post them? If so, what's the best format?
    Thanks!

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Yep!
    Can you also post a pic for your avatar?

3. campersurfer

campersurfer New Member

Ok, I got a ton of labs done and I need help making sense of them. Thank you guys so much for helping me figure these out. I'm bolding the ones I'm concerned about.
    HS CRP 0.2
    HOMOCYSTEINE 8.4 [< 10.4 umol/L]
    ALBUMIN 4.6 [3.6-5.1 g/dL]
    IGF I, LC/MS 164 [53-331 ng/mL]
    Z SCORE (FEMALE) 0.3 [-2.0 - +2.0 sd]
    IFG BINDING PROTEIN 3 4.6 [3.4-7 mg/L]
    PROGESTERONE 10.8 [2.6-21.5]
    ESTRADIOL 92 [luteal phase: 56-214]
    DHEA SULFATE 186 [40-325 mcg/dL]
    SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 154 H [17-124 nmol/L]
    TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 31 [2-45 ng/dL]
    FREE TESTOSTERONE 1.9 [0.1-6.4 pg/mL]
    TSH 0.02 L [0.40-4.50]

T4, FREE 1.4 [0.8-1.8 ng/dL]
    T3, FREE 3.5 [2.3-4.2 pg/mL]
    CORTISOL, TOTAL 15.2 [3.0 - 17.0]
    GLUCOSE 103 H [65 - 99 mg/dL]
    ABSOLUTE MONOCYTES 171 L [200 -950 cells/uL]
    ANDROSTERONE 3434 [500 -3200]
    TESTOSTERONE 4.0 [5.0 - 35.0]
    OXYTOCIN 236 [250-1300]
    POTASSIUM 22 [25-150]
    25-OH VITAMIN D > 100 [60-100 ng/mL]

ALLO-TETRAHYDROCORTISOL/TETRAHYDROCORTISOL RATIO: 1.20 [from 0.4-1.0 - or highest amount possible, 100 percentile]
    "Elevated 5-a-reductase activity is associated with polycystic ovary syndrome and hirsutism in women, benign prostrate hypertrophy and premature baldness in men, and obesity and insulin resistance in both genders. Low 5-a-reductase activity may result in reduced conversion of testosterone to DHT and undervirilization in males."

4. campersurfer

campersurfer New Member

I should also mention I take thyroid meds for hypothyroid: 90 of Armour and 37.5 of Synthroid in the morning, 30 of Armour at night. Do I have PCOS (because of that bottom result)? I've never been diagnosed with it. Or hypopituitary?

And I'm looking for someone to help adjust me based on my 23and me results (lots of undermethylation, etc.)

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please start a journal in the journal section ...so Dr. Kruse has some context.

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Camper, are you taking any potassium?
    Taking both natural and synthetic thyroid seems unusual to me.

7. campersurfer

campersurfer New Member

Not taking any potassium. I can't eat bananas as I have pretty severe histamine intolerance (lots of gut issues -- and I just got more labs back and found out I have huge fungal overgrowth in my gut).
    I can't remember why I was put on natural + synthetic thyroid but it made sense at the time?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

(lots of gut issues -- and I just got more labs back and found out I have huge fungal overgrowth in my gut).

DHEA SULFATE 186 [40-325 mcg/dL]
    SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 154 H [17-124 nmol/L]
    IGF I, LC/MS 164 [53-331 ng/mL]
    IFG BINDING PROTEIN 3 4.6 [3.4-7 mg/L]

==================================================

IGF-1 & IGFBP3 should be done using RIA method.

Some people low on IGF-1 get tremendous release to their gut problems by raising its IGF-1(300-350)
    That may also lower SHBG.

DHEAs can be raised to about 400 by eating pills or using Twist DHEA cream

Lots of iodine/iodide helps.

9. campersurfer

campersurfer New Member

Thanks so much for this advice. Could you point me to more information about the RIA method? I've never heard of it.

I've been told to avoid iodine as it's (counterintuitively) going to aggravate my thyroid issue. You don't think that's the case? Thank you!!

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Spend some time on U-tube listening to what dr Brownstein have to say on thyroid and iodine. Start here:
    Iodine: The Most Misunderstood Nutrient Presented by David Brownstein MD

Go to esoterix.com
    look for: test menu-->endocrinology

Growth Receptor Test Group II (Growth Hormone, IGF-I, IGF-II, IGFBP-3, GH Binding Protein)

Methodology
    Double antibody RIA, Blocking RIA after acid:alcohol extraction, Blocking RIA after acid:alcohol extraction, RIA in dilute serum, Ligand-mediated binding assay

=======
    Esoterix is part of LabCorp
    so you draw blood for this test at LabCorp locations.

////

campersurfer likes this.
  11. BTA

BTA New Member

From what I understand (could be wrong) the liquid iodine you find for sale is from old oil wells - rather toxic in nature. The type the body needs is atomic nascent iodine. Only one company sells the real deal - from crystal mines more than 8,000 ft below the earth. This iodine product uses glycerine as the base not ETOH - That form is full of GMO-corn to make it. Not good. Global Healing Center - Dr Edward Group.
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/nascent-iodine-detoxadine.html

Regarding K+, the RDA (recommend disease allowance lol) is 3 grams. Just 20 minutes of walking uses up 3 grams of potassium. Which means now you need 6 grams to break even & you'll need alot more if you're taking Magnesium to offset it. The only thing I've found to get high doses is a combo of a electrolyte powder and a drink made by company called Vitamin Water - that uses RO water (good!) & high dose potassium - no calories. Look for "revive" zero by Vitamin Water.

campersurfer likes this.