1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low iron markers – to supplement or not?

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Sea Girl, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Yourself

2. Hilde

Hilde New Member

Thanks!

3. LisaLearning

LisaLearning Silver

I was having quite heavy menses and my ferritin was always at the bottom of the range and it got so bad that I would be winded going up a flight of stairs, and I had to take some iron. Three weeks later I travelled to Mexico for a month and after a couple of days the problem was gone. For me, the light made a huge difference.

4. DockMD

DockMD That’s the reason why

Taking supplemental oral iron everyday is a good way to lower your iron stores because hepcidin-related negative feedback loops. The latest evidence is no more than every other day. That being said oral iron is very poor tolerated in my experience.

Lahelada likes this.