1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eddie Garza, Apr 29, 2015.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Exo Terra Solar Glow 160W
    is the lamp designed specifically for a full lighting needs of a reptile during daytime.
    It have a charts and specifications.

Arlec 1000W Halogen Worklight
    is anybody' guess.

Generally speaking there is lots of good about halogen lights,
    but it would be nice to have some data.
    Someone should for example get two terrariums with two identical lizards
    and for a year or two use the two types of lights, then compare.
    Or get frequency chart for the halogen light and compare with existing Exo terra charts.

////

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  2. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Yea that would be interesting if someone could get the frequencies to the halogen lights. If I do that I will post them. I am in a ham radio club learning and learning about emergency preparedness. We got our ham radio license as we moved to a rural area and the roads get closed often with debris and people drag racing our curvy dangerous roads. In our ham club there are a lot of Silicon Valley geeks that like building and sodering things. Gonna ask them to help me build IR LED pannels and red light LED pannels I want them to have a couple of pulsed setting so I can use them either in continuous mode or pulsed mode as appropriate.

When/if Jack gets detals to us on Red LED for teeth I will ask my friends to help me build a small one to use in my mouth/teeth.

The 500 watt halogens are cheap so I might try to see if the guys will help me figure out the light frequencies of them and if I ever get around to doing that I will post them.

JanSz likes this.
  3. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Picked up a couple of uvb & uva 160w solarbright brand bulbs right now... they didn't have the solar glow ones in stock I will have to buy a meeter to test them. They are supposed to be the same output as the solar glow.

Since I moved I have gotten a lot better but I have hit a plateau and occasionally I have symptoms flare. I've been spending a lot of time indoors working. My house inside is low on natural lights and we are surrounded by redwoods so they block the property from getting a lot of sun.

I found an open field near the house that gets blazing sun so I can sit out there based on dminder best times and supplement with the lamps during daylight hours when I am inside. I will test my D Jan/Feb just had it tested in June it was 40.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Trust dimmer but verify.
    Actually if you can spend 2 hrs every sunny day, within 2hrs on each side of solar noon,
    that would not be too much. Use diminder if you go for more.
    Always do blood test so you know how your body actually react to sunlight.

//

kyrakitty likes this.
  5. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Thanks that helps will do. I got my vit D up from 28 to 40 using supplements stopped supplements for now and will see in Jan how my vit D number looks.

6. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

JanSz you said

"My lamps are above me and are at 45degree angle from horizontal (or vertical).
    They are 36" from my shoulders.
    I spend lots of time under them.
    I do not count time."

I have medium dark skin naturally and it don't burn easily... I have one lamp 22" from my shoulders at a 45 degree angle from horizontal. It is a bit hard to get them higher due to limited things to clamp them too. I will add a second in a week or two.

The light is clamped to the side of me so the light is shining on the side of my left shoulder, back and grazing the left side of my face. In a few weeks or so I will try to put the second light on the right side in the same position. How do your lights hit you?... from the front, side or the back of your body?

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You should have at least this
    or 50% more.

Vitamin D (25-Hydroxyvitamin D)(250nmol/L=100.16ng/mL)

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

For the fall/ winter I got:

Red Sperti.

I am doing 10 min/daily
    but feel that I should go higher.

Sperti Fiji SUN Table Top Tanning Lamp
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ID8P78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ///

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="kyrakitty, post: 202940, member: 9895"]JanSz you said

"My lamps are above me and are at 45degree angle from horizontal (or vertical).
    They are 36" from my shoulders.
    I spend lots of time under them.
    I do not count time."

I have medium dark skin naturally and it don't burn easily... I have one lamp 22" from my shoulders at a 45 degree angle from horizontal. It is a bit hard to get them higher due to limited things to clamp them too. I will add a second in a week or two.

The light is clamped to the side of me so the light is shining on the side of my left shoulder, back and grazing the left side of my face. In a few weeks or so I will try to put the second light on the right side in the same position. How do your lights hit you?... from the front, side or the back of your body?[/quote]

Originally I have wery white skin.
    But,
    I take Melanotan II, so my skin is rather dark.

Blood testing will tell us which way to adjust.
    =======
    To balance overall light (hello dr Wunch)
    I added
    RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared Individual Bulb
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4JE9U6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

//

kyrakitty likes this.
  10. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

I have a sauna that uses 5 of the RubyLux Infrared Bulb and use it for 30 min 5-7 days a week.

I want to make my own full body LED panel like this one:

I am interested in the FIJI SUN TANNING LAMP during winter. I might get that next month. Do you think that the negative blue light issue in the tanning lamps are kept at bay due to not using them for very long up to 15 min? Do you wear the eye protective eye wear the whole time. I know some people will wear it for 14 min then the last minute the take it off to let some UVA in but don't stare into the light.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="kyrakitty, post: 202952, member: 9895"]I have a sauna that uses 5 of the RubyLux Infrared Bulb and use it for 30 min 5-7 days a week.

I want to make my own full body LED panel like this one:

This panel cost =695+13.99=$708.99
    For that money you can ge 35 of this:
    RubyLux ALL RED High Intensity LED Bulb 640 to 660nm
    they are currently not available, but that is transient, wait couple weeks and they will come.
    It would be easy to plant them on 3 or 4 feet long board, say 3 rows 10-12 lamps high
    each RubyLux have 38 Premium High Intensity LEDs
    Now, figure out total wattage and see which one you actually want.
    That is one option.
    The other option is that you buy xx amount of individual diodes and put all this together by your self.
    Again, discount cost of your labor, check how much it would cost you RubyLux versus what you would build your self.

There is still another variant.
    There is:
    RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared Individual Bulb
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4JE9U6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    they claim
    Intense Incandescent Near Infrared Bulb 850nm Strength
    NIR and IR-A (Near Infrared) ONLY - No Far Infrared
    but
    I have that lamp. (same as in your sauna)
    It looks to me that other than 850nm it does have a lots of visible red light.
    Likely the 640 to 660nm is there in large amounts.
    (I am spending daily many hours under this RubyLux Infrared lamp, shirtless, feels good.

I suspect that this RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A
    is all we need, when considering red & IR lighting needs.
    But we need to spend lots of time under that lamp.
    ===================================

I am interested in the FIJI SUN TANNING LAMP during winter. I might get that next month. Do you think that the negative blue light issue in the tanning lamps are kept at bay due to not using them for very long up to 15 min? Do you wear the eye protective eye wear the whole time. I know some people will wear it for 14 min then the last minute the take it off to let some UVA in but don't stare into the light.[/quote]

You are talking FIJI SUN TANNING LAMP.
    That is White Sperti.
    That lamp have only UVB frequencies.
    I do not want that lamp.
    That lamp makes only vit D

I have Red Sperti.
    My lamp have UVa & UVb frequencies.
    It makes vit A & D

/////////////////////

I wear eye protection when I use my Red Sperti.
    I use it now daily, 10min/day
    Do not feel anything on my skin.
    Wonder if I should not increase time.

//

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/thoughts-on-hawaii.18608/#post-202965
    Note, the article was written 1996.
    There may have been some improvements made in the last 10 years.

[​IMG]

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/scalar_tech/esp_scalartech12.htm

Individual Citizens Occasionally Targeted for Surveillance by Independently Operating NSA Personnel

NSA personnel can control the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals in the US by using the NSA's domestic intelligence network and cover businesses.

NSA personnel in the community usually have cover identities such as social workers, lawyers and business owners.

The operations independently run by them can sometimes go beyond the bounds of law. Long-term control and sabotage of tens of thousands of unwitting citizens by NSA operatives is likely to happen.

NSA DOMINT has the ability to assassinate US citizens covertly or run covert psychological control operations to cause subjects to be diagnosed with ill mental health.

/////////////////////////////

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  13. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

JanSz you said

"RubyLux have 38 Premium High Intensity LEDs
    Now, figure out total wattage and see which one you actually want. That is one option.

The other option is that you buy xx amount of individual diodes and put all this together by your self."

The reason I prefer to use the diodes is because I think using the above mentioned RubyLux bulbs would make a unit with way more EMF issues as each bulb would require a socket. Red light Diodes need to be as close to the skin as possible and I think a unit built with individual diodes would have less EMF. But that is my guess I'd ask my friends who would be able to tell me if thats true or not and of course we would measure.

JanSz you said

"RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared Individual Bulb

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4JE9U6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

they claim
    Intense Incandescent Near Infrared Bulb 850nm Strength NIR and IR-A (Near Infrared)"

I went to the bulletproof conference this year and one of the main speakers said in no way do the incandescent bulbs produce NIR 850 nm like a diode does. She showed us using a graph with the light frequencies that the people who sell the NIR bulbs are tricking us to believe the NIR in the bulbs is being outputted like the NIR in a diode but she said that it is not possible. She basically said the true NIR outputted by a diode does not give off heat and that the incandescent light bulbs used in saunas produce such a small amount of NIR it would be like taking a gallon of water putting in 1 drop of orange juice and calling that gallon orange juce. She said the NIR output in the incandescent is soo minute that healing effects are not at possible due to the minute NIR they produce. And any healing affects are likely due to the benefits of sweating and heating up the body/fever therapy. Here are a few slides from her talk at the conference.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please, what is the reason why we want 850nm?

---------------------------------------------------------
    No heat, only 850nm

Product Description

54 Watt 11in Infrared LED light bar with 18 x 3 Watt, 850nm wavelength, Infrared high power LEDs in a double row array. IP67 waterproof light with 12-28VDC operating voltage range. Black painted aluminum housing with integral heatsink and polycarbonate lens. Includes adjustable stainless steel mounting bracket with studs. Dimensions: 28.4cm(11.18in) x 6.6cm(2.6in) x 11.8cm(4.65in).
    11" Universal Dual Row Light Bar
    High Powered IR LED Spot Light

Out of Stock, Expected 10/28/16Backorder Available
    $119.95 ea.

[​IMG]

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

RubyLux diodes can be put on a skin. My wife actually keep one on the back side of her knee, while sitting on a chair..
    Would soldering them instead of screwing into socket, help in reducing EMF?

///

kyrakitty likes this.
  16. Penny

Penny New Member

I use a Rubylux (660nm) every night - I cover it with plastic wrap (they say to do that) and put it right against my body - I blast my heart with it, then the back of my neck/lower head, forehead - I've even used it on my belly button - I then pass out -

850nm is a little more dicey - like, it would be really hard to hurt yourself with 660nm - I've actually fallen asleep with one pointing at my head or maybe into space - don't remember - for 850nm, use it for 2-5 minutes tops on your head - I got one for a thyroid hack - you can read about it at the selfhacked site:
    https://selfhacked.com/2013/11/14/my-review-of-lllt/#Where_To_Use_It_On_The_Head

caveats and some great light info by a so called expert on lighting - there are 2 parts to the interview and you can print the transcript:
    https://blog.bulletproof.com/94-hac...mart-drugs-with-steven-fowkes-part-1-podcast/

850nm is more powerful and thus goes deeper - but know what the hell you're doing before doing it... if you get the one Joe Cohen recommends, you have to cover the one singular blue led light with tape -

my 850nm light came from China and it was *really* cheap:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0067S8IZ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the adapter for it:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VRL632/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and the tape to cover the blue led light:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVAT4ZS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All for $20.00... cheap hack :)

17. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Very cool will have look at this more when i get home. Thabk you!

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

August 2, 2016, 76 days ago, I ordered my RubyLux Infrared Bulb NIR-A Near Infrared
    and got it few days latter.
    Since then it is on 14 hrs/day unless I am out of the house.
    I am retired, spend lots of time home. Most with just briefs on.
    Lots of that time is 3 feet from that light pointing on my bare back.
    I feel warmth, other than that nothing in particular, good or bad.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I still do not know if I really want powerful 850nm lamp,
    Penny says 2-5 minutes top,

but:

@Penny
    from your link and for double the price, but still only ($45.98 + Free Shipping ) I got to, ready to go for 110-220V:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JTOK7I?psc=1&smid=A1OH7WJ9IWF8Y6
    Okeba AC 110V 96 LED Night vision IR Infrared Illuminator Light CCTV Camera 80m(263 FT) 60° angle visual range-White

Product Description
    Specifications:

Led quantity: 96
    Wave length: 850nM
    Illuminating range: Standard 60° level angle visual range;
    Viewing range: 80m (outdoor); approximate 263 feet.
    Built-in IR sensor
    Definition consumed power: 15W
    Wave length: 850nM

Structure: aluminum housing and reinforced glass
    Power: AC 110-220V

20. Penny

Penny New Member

Janz - this is the one that seems to be the most referenced by all the biohackers... $27.00 and 96 lights -
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...fl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3JJM7S8SDXVXM