1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eddie Garza, Apr 29, 2015.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Well I am close but not extremely near the airport 10 miles away - (for example I looked up Bourbon street where I think Dr. Kruse has a house and it is 16 miles from the N.O. airport... but perhaps he's not in the flight path or hasn't measured it as a problem) - but I am close enough to hear the planes and I seem to be in the flight path many planes take for landing because there is always one passing by seemingly every minute or two. I haven't heard of anyone having a way of measuring the EMF from overhead planes (though definitely airports have high amounts nearby) ... for me I can feel it because I have a tension in my body usually near the top of my neck that gets worse from EMF - and everytime a plane passes I feel an increase in my tension.

I wish so much for complete healing and feeling really good - I've actually gotten a lot better - but I have not been working the past years and I don't have savings now. I live with my parents who are helping me with home and food. They are not always on board with my ideas of how to heal but they took out the Wifi and SmartMeter for me - I think it helped a lot - unfortunately am realizing that the planes/airport is a big issue as well. I don't know how I will be able to move (around this area housing is expensive, but perhaps this is not an ideal area anyway)... I am planning to start work again - I used to do math and english tutoring and SAT test preparation (and am worried about exposing myself to even less ideal environment at work - wifi, artificial lights).

I don't know how to find an ideal environment to live in! But perhaps if I have some savings I will have a different perspective... there are lots of areas that I may be able to find work as an English or SAT instructor...

Right now I don't live in a rural area more like lots and lots of suburbs. Many places I spent time in I noticed there are still planes passing that bother me (there are other airports) or houses have powerline towers, or Wifi, or Smart Meters, or they are near cellphone towers, or they are too high off the ground, or a combination. I am thinking up ideas such as saving and buying a motor home and camping somewhere... for a limited time. I do not like the idea of spending time living in an automobile - seems so unnatural to me - but it may be more helpful than not. I could maybe put up a tent and sleep next to the RV outside for a month and see if my health improves.

I would ideally like to live somewhat in or near a city because I like being able to meet many people. But I do not want to have the EMF issues or not be able to sunbathe...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    seanb4 likes this.
  2. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

You could try camping in a rural area and see if you still have emf sensitivity symptoms, See the difference in how you feel. warning: that could lead big life decision...

3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Yes at the moment it's just an idea. I don't have an RV at this point...maybe one day? How is your n=1 location?

4. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Lil', still thinking you've got radar convergence issues being close to an airport. When the landing gear comes down, I think they probably increase nnEMF. (Found this below just doing a casual search). Because radio bands are often in the 1m range (about our human height), we probably have stronger frequency to them. Curious if you find the smaller craft giving you issues compared to larger craft, as well as if you see if the land gear is down or not for additional radar going on because the precision approach looks like it's a 1-second scan (basically continual). It's all about location, frequency, pulse interals and convergence at various locations imo, not to mention the immediate local environment. I copy/pasted below for ya that's 10 years old:

•Long Range Radar ~ 130 sites in US
    •Band: 1240-1370 MHz, in ARNS (5.331, 5.334)
    •Sensitivity: 1-2 m2 target @ 200 to 250 nmi
    •Mission: Detection and tracking of aircraft at long ranges for ATC use.
    •Secondary weather detection function
    •Backup for terminal radar (w/ increased separations)
    •12 second scan
    •Vertical polarization for tracking; circular for weather

•Terminal Radar ~ 300 sites in US
    •Terminal area coverage
    •4.8 second scan
    •Normally sited at airports with traffic above a certain level
    •Some are “mosaiced” allowing multiple radars to form a single picture of the airspace
    •Integral part of “procedural” response to navigation aid outages

•Precision Approach Radar (PAR)
    •Allows controller to direct precision approaches
    •Primarily military use in the US; civil back-up
    •Surface Detection
    •ASDE-X for small/medium airports; currently 30 systems, however expected to increase
    •ASDE-3 installed at 40 large airports
    •1 second scan

•Weather
    •Band: 2700-3000 MHz
    •200 nmi coverage volume
    •Sited off-airport
    •Series of scans in increasing altitudes, 6 minute repeat period
    •Single frequency, circular polarization
    •Terminal Doppler Weather Radar (TDWR) ~ 45 in US
    •Band: 5600-5650 MHz
    •Detects wind shear and local weather phenomena
    •45 nmi coverage
    •Located at major airports with history of severe thunderstorms
    •Single frequency, multiple waveforms, multiple scan options depending on local conditions.

•Radar altimeter
    •Integral part of precision landing systems
    •Also integrated into terrain-warning sensors
    •Weather Radars
    •Used for weather detection, windshear and turbulence detection and ground mapping

5. nicld

nicld Gold

I agree with you 100%. Just got done visiting the DD in the Phoenix area and it was so draining being in the city. I tried to escape to the desert whenever I could. Spending some quality alone time just walking in the foothills of a park in the early morning. It was so healing. It just confirmed that even though my zip code may not be optimal it is in a rural area that is much better then any city. 20151227_071742.jpg

Scompy likes this.
  6. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Thanks Scompy... well okay I'm thinking back and this seems weird... but... I think it may not even be (or just be) the landing take off issue. Because airplanes passing bother me even when away from an airport. It's just that proximity to the airport means high frequency - there are lots of them passing by constantly. My house sometimes - not always makes a small snappy noise like perhaps the wiring is picking up the signal when a plane passes. Sometimes the snappy noise is from the beam that hangs my curtains (it's metallic). Maybe there's some metals accumulated in me that resonate differently to whatever RF airplanes usually put out. Maybe it's even just a change in the tension or magnetic flux of the atmosphere that triggers my tension ? (I can be very sensitive... even using a corded phone old style phone can bother me (a little bit) or carrying in my hand an unconnected electromagnet (like the little iphone charger cube that plugs in to an outlet). For example if I'm hiking and there's a peaceful atmospheric environment and a plane passes by I will definitely feel it, seemingly even stronger. On the other hand if I'm in an urban environment around tall buildings they seem to absorb or block the RF signal or magnetic flux and it will bother me much less.

However one difference I have noticed is that private airplanes like gliders (I think there's a private airport nearby in Palo Alto) don't seem to bother me the way regular planes heading for the airport do. I'm not sure if they just bother me less or whether not at all (there's not many of them so haven't gotten a chance to 'test' as much). And perhaps the reason IS because they're not preparing to land... ? I'm confused on this point. I will drive around to different bay area zones and compare how I feel when planes pass...

Either way, being somewhere where there's less frequency of passing planes is likely to be much better for me. And that would be away from an airport in a direction that's not on the flight paths...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    Scompy likes this.
  7. Scompy

Scompy Gold

You got me thinking about the specific radio frequencies that you may be 'feeling.' I mention radar and landing gear due to radar, and radar is radio, so I mention this due to the EMF being around 5-6 feet in length rather than shorter from a cell phone. I'm also curious about various radio stations you may have around where you are living too and if you experience more issues when you get closer to their towers. I'm making an assumption here, but when landing gear comes down, they probably have systems kick in that produce even more radar. Like your'e saying, if I were in your shoes, I'd be taking weekend excursions every time I could to remote areas to test and see what's going on for comparison. :) When I was at Stanford about 4 miles from Palo alto, I also felt immediately sick when I interveiwed for a summer job at SLAC (Stanford Linear Accelerator Center) and rejected the job because of that reason alone. One's local environment and frequency in it can translate into badness. Case-in-point, when I discovered I had a stovetop oven in my kitchen that puts out around 2+ gauss at a close proximity to it, I flagged it as a hazard to the whole family and fixed the situation. For a good year before I took measurements, I wondered why at times I'd get arrythmia after being in the kitchen doing dishes for 20mins.

lilreddgirl and nicld like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Since before Jack I keep two 3" light tubes over my desk.
    They are 10000K
    Wonder, possibly I should change them to 20000k
    (17000K tubes are not available).
    ====================================================
    Scand J Work Environ Health. 2008 Aug;34(4):297-306. Epub 2008 Sep 22.
    Blue-enriched white light in the workplace improves self-reported alertness, performance and sleep quality.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18815716?dopt=Abstract

RESULTS:
    Altogether 94 participants [mean age 36.4 (SD 10.2) years] were included in the analysis. Compared with white light (4000 K),
    blue-enriched white light (17 000 K) improved the subjective measures of
    alertness (P<0.0001),
    positive mood (P=0.0001),
    performance (P<0.0001),
    evening fatigue (P=0.0001),
    irritability (P=0.004),
    concentration (P<0.0001), and
    eye discomfort (P=0.002).
    Daytime sleepiness was reduced (P=0.0001),
    and the quality of subjective nocturnal sleep (P=0.016) was improved under blue-enriched white light.
    When the participants' expectation about the effect of the light treatments was entered into the analysis as a covariate, significant effects persisted for performance, alertness, evening fatigue, irritability, difficulty focusing, concentrating, and blurred vision.

CONCLUSIONS:
    Exposure to blue-enriched white light during daytime workhours improves subjective alertness, performance, and evening fatigue.

seanb4 likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Cells cannot perceive what they cannot predict.
    Full spectrum sunlight is how we predict our future
    artificial light is how we ruin our future

Jack Dec 2015 webinar time 19;00
    -------------------

nicld likes this.
  10. KalosKaiAgathos

KalosKaiAgathos New Member

I've been using my infrared lights for two days now. Just twenty minutes a day. It's mostly NIR, as the Philips 250W lights mainly project this part of the spectrum.

Yesterday I had a great reaction to it. I used it for only 20 minutes, but started to have a heavy head (from the toxin flush I hope!). Today I actually did CT outside for 15 minutes, with the Solar Glo pointed at my body, and 20 minutes of the infrared lights afterwards.

I'm actually using the infrared lights in a cold environment (a non-heated garage attic, so I do not start sweating and can absorb as much infrared as possible.

lilreddgirl and seanb4 like this.
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This discussion on plane's is critical. Another sign of a nnEMF few consider bio hacking. Consider the implications: We don't simply create probabilities, nature does with her dealing of light frequencies to our surfaces. What she deals is rarely constant on a daily or seasonal basis. We are designed to spot her trends to guide us in each cell. When powerful trends are found we stop living based upon probabilities and we begin living life with certainties. Nature favors the dynamics of correlated novelties. In this way, relationships of things to others things in nature becomes more important than how each were are fundamentally created.
    Not everybody can assimilate light in the optimal fashion. We have various surfaces that react to a combination of light frequencies. Depending on the light spectrum light that penetrates into our surfaces between 0.1 mm to a great depth and the magic of light happens in the top layers. If your top layers cannot convert this energy well due to a e.g. badly composed cell membranes, lack of melanin, or faulty tunneling in your respiratory chain, bad photochemical reactions happen fast because of how the photoelectric works fundamentally. Most people forget that the gut is highly sensitive to light information because of how the microbiome releases light. Bacteria release 5000 times more light than our cells do. On a relative basis are gut sees massive amounts of light frequencies as soon as we eat something. In this way, with any problem that develops in the gut, your reaction to light will be different. There could be tons of reasons why alternative reactions to light occurs in this fashion. Light always plays a role and how light works and when is not well understood. When frequencies are altered for any reason, disruptions of clock genes can happen in no time by tiny things most people are not aware of. When bad reactions occur while living an outdoor life in perfect light, you know something is wrong in your environment for your particular cellular costume. That is your cells talking to you! The key is, do you pay attention to these trends properly? If you miss it, it i likely because your dopamine levels in your eye and brain is suboptimal for some reason and you need to be aware of it.

Scompy and JanSz like this.
  12. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

my reptile light works pretty well. plus the uv.

JanSz likes this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/faecal-microbial-transplant.17280/#post-184719

[ quote="Jack Kruse, post: 184727, member: 1031"]Studies like this worry me. Why? The are details about supplementation of Vitamin D3 without any context here. I have found that over supplementation with oral vitamin D3 usually leads to a very rare eye dysfunction. The IBS improves for the first few months but never fully reverses with oral D3. To fully reverse it you need endogenous Vitamin D3 production from sunlight to get the maximum reversal. If you listened to my Nov 2011 podcast on JoanneUnleashed.com you might have wondered why I read in low light and red light levels during my own recovery and reversal. I was checking myself for signs that I was pushing my Vitamin D3 status too high with pills initially. I began my reset in Vitamin D winter. When a person over supplements Oral D3, individuals can become unable to distinguish images in low levels of illumination. Vitamin A deficiency affects vision by inhibiting the production of rhodopsin, the eye pigment responsible for sensing low light situations. The supplement is a chemical signal of a photochemical process in the skin. Calcitriol and rhodopsin tied in a feed back loop with one another because of light.

D3= UVB, and
    Vitamin A = photoperiod.

The longer the photoperiod, generally the higher D3 level should be. This linkage remains because of the link with latitude and photoperiod.

The closer one gets to the equator the longer light remains even in winter.
    This drives higher D3 levels.

Rhodopsin is found in the human retina and is composed of retinol, which is an active form of vitamin A, and opsin a protein made by the retina. Its production is linked to D3 production in the skin.

Basically, if you “over do” the use of Vitamin D3, you will not make enough rhodopsin because of a lack of feedback control (from a relative Vitamin A deficiency) and you will suffer from night blindness.

This lowers ocular melatonin levels which is needed to regenerate cones during daylight.
    If you live far from the equator and it is winter and you over supplement D3 you lose the ability to make ocular melatonin.

I pick this up in patients who notice night time visual driving issues or in people who find they must use bright blue light at night to see or read. Many times these people have early onset AMD. Most people won't read in low light levels these days because of tech gadgets, like I do to assess themselves for this issue. But you can use this simple test too bio hack your own abilities. If they do notice it, Their PCP's usually send them to the optometrist or ophthalmologist, but most are cured once they tweak their diets to add more carotenoids or begin to use artificial sources of UV light at night. Both of these things can be bio hacked to add back some feedback control of the vitamin A cycle using light or foods with photosensitizers in them.

My real concern: They also suffer from a more serious subclinical problem. They can never reverse their leaky gut due to chronic inflammation from a subclinical infection. Often they see a short improvement with the pill but it lasts 6-8 weeks. The reason for both of these clinical features is that they likely have a co morbid lack of Vitamin A in the diet (especially in winter) to offset the raised supplemental Vitamin D3. This rarely happens in subtropical areas but happens more frequently at latitudes above Atlanta in winter in the US. Each cell in our body has 2 vitamin A receptors for every Vitamin D receptor. We also have VDR's in our gut. So as our vitamin D level rises because we take the supplement orally we give our gut VDR's a falsely elevated signal. This changes optical signaling in the GALT and its T cells. The cells sense the D3 chemical signal but the tissues do not have the photon energy or momentum. and therefore there is not enough UV photon power within the tissues. As a result of feedback loops our endogenous Vitamin A source is used up even quicker and an imbalance results. We need to make sure we are getting enough of the fat soluble Vitamin A too as Vitamin D3 goes up from pills. rarely does this get spoken about in people outside the subtropics in autumn or winter. These two vitamins are metabolically coupled but one is made from UVB light and the other is made by the photoperiod of the day. This is probably the most common reason people have persistent bloating and cannot clear H Pylori or Candida infections from their guts when they are not getting a full spectrum sun signal to support the D3 chemical. I've seen this develop in people when they transition to a meat laden paleo template while supplementing Vitamin D3. It is rare in an epi-paleo Rx because seafood and mushrooms have a lot flesh that contain enough of the photonic power embedded in the food stuff. We are designed to make D3 from sunlight and not a pill. So if you have IBS be aware of this unusual possibility of you live further from the equator. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/304361.php…[ /quote]
    ===========================
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/304361.php?utm_campaign=trueAnthem: Trending Content&utm_content=5678245f04d30149b0c26741&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Low vitamin D levels associated with IBS
    Published: Monday 21 December 2015

Many people living with irritable bowel syndrome are vitamin D deficient, according to a new study published in the BMJ Open Gastroenterology.
    ===========================

[ quote="Jack Kruse, post: 184728, member: 1031"]I hate mice studies but this study is is a clue to people with IBS who over supplement with D3. http://www.eurekalert.org/pub.../2015-12/jhm-vaq121615.php[ /quote]

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-12/jhm-vaq121615.php

Public Release: 21-Dec-2015
    Vitamin A quells severity of preemie GI disease in mice
    --

They fed the mice 50 micrograms of vitamin A daily for four days, considered a fairly low dose.

Was that newborn or adult mice?
    What is the weight of mice that was given the vit A
    How to convert vit A micrograms to IU?

=======================================================
    =======================================================
    https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminA-HealthProfessional/

Two forms of vitamin A are available in the human diet:
    preformed vitamin A (retinol and its esterified form, retinyl ester)
    and provitamin A carotenoids
    [1-5].
    Preformed vitamin A is found in foods from animal sources, including dairy products, fish, and meat (especially liver).

By far the most important provitamin A carotenoid is beta-carotene; other provitamin A carotenoids are alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin.

The body converts these plant pigments into vitamin A.

Both provitamin A and preformed vitamin A must be metabolized intracellularly to retinal and retinoic acid, the active forms of vitamin A, to support the vitamin's important biological functions [2,3].

Other carotenoids found in food, such as lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, are not converted into vitamin A.

The various forms of vitamin A are solubilized into micelles in the intestinal lumen and absorbed by duodenal mucosal cells [5]. Both retinyl esters and provitamin A carotenoids are converted to retinol, which is oxidized to retinal and then to retinoic acid [2]. Most of the body's vitamin A is stored in the liver in the form of retinyl esters.

Retinol and carotenoid levels are typically measured in plasma, and plasma retinol levels are useful for assessing vitamin A inadequacy. However, their value for assessing marginal vitamin A status is limited because they do not decline until vitamin A levels in the liver are almost depleted [3]. Liver vitamin A reserves can be measured indirectly through the relative dose-response test, in which plasma retinol levels are measured before and after the administration of a small amount of vitamin A [5]. A plasma retinol level increase of at least 20% indicates an inadequate vitamin A level [3,5,6]. For clinical practice purposes, plasma retinol levels alone are sufficient for documenting significant deficiency.

============================================
    @Jack Kruse
    when supplementing what would you rather use:

1. Beta-carotene
    2. Vit A from fish liver oil

(I have opted for #2) (one 25000iu capsule from fish liver oil, every 4 days)
    not sure if I actually need it, Spectracell test indicates good levels.

///

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    Sheddie and seanb4 like this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

Why do you want to supplement, Jan? I would not ever think about supplementing vit A, it is so easy to get from food!

Just eat liver once in a while.. and fish eyes! They have a lot of vit A
    Liver has so much vit A you just need a little bit... you should not eat too much liver too often because then you might get vit A toxic...lol Problem easy resolved.. no pills needed :) :)
    Liver also have lots of other nice things like B vitamins.. and copper :)

Always get it the natural way... it is way better! :)

nicld and Scompy like this.
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Smart inger........after Time 7........hopefully this will go away.

Scompy likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thank you, good suggestions,
    but
    the question was,
    when supplementing which form is preferable:

1. Beta-carotene
    2. Vit A from fish liver oil

@Jack Kruse
    /

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Cant wait Jack :)
    I am always super exited about your blogs...huh!
    They just never disappoint me :) :) :)

18. Scompy

Scompy Gold

Do you go for the Turkey Liver or Beef Liver? You just reminded me that organ meat is a much better bargin for the nutrients. Here's a far-fetched comparison:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/01/08/is-this-burger-worth-5000/

19. Inger

Inger Silver

Scompy, I eat the lambs liver... I get it very cheap here from local lambs. Tastes awesome... is grassfed AFAIK and here is ocean on both fronts - lots of lambs here on the pastures around me..
    so I bet the liver is healthy and rich of nutrients because the lambs are grassing not too far from the shore :)
    I eat the liver completely raw, or a little seared on the outside. Whatever I feel like.

I eat lambs hearts too a lot! I love those. They are a staple food of mine - I now have lambs liver, hearts... and some grassfed beef and lots of self caught oysters in my fridge..lol
    I am so lucky.. I feel like a queen really, even if I am poor ;) and all those foods cost very little!
    The oysters are even completely for free :)
    They are gifts from God :)
    God is all around me.. I guess...wow
    I receive so many gifts I am overwhelmed... how did I became so lucky :)
    I no way deserve all these wonderful gifts!!! I do not get it... but I take it all in with open arms :)
    and can feel nothing as gratitude.. and love.. makes my heart warm.. and achy

But it is all Jacks fault. He gave me hints so I knew what to look for when I relocated :) :) :) I checked all those things before I moved
    I needed a big forest to feel the magic in
    I needed cheap awesome food...
    and I needed oysters..
    the ocean
    and possibility to tan nude ;)
    I knew I am poor. So I looked for a place where I knew there where oysters to pick..I just googled it
    and lambs organs to get for cheap :)
    What more do I need?
    Love.
    And I get so much love I can barely take it :) :) :)
    Life is just beyond magic :)

Jack helped me to open up my eyes.. and they are all gifts because I see them now as my eyes are more open (there is still a lot more to see!) and I am able to feel more- I think?
    Just awesome :)

Do I do everything perfect? No! I do stuff I know is not too good.... but I know when to stop
    and what to do when I start to feel no good anymore. It always works.. like magic. It works :)
    It feels like
    FREEDOM :) :) :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    lohd2015, nicld, Paul T. and 3 others like this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

1964 I was 24yo, It was a very good year.
    My Masters degree was only 2 years old, and my school loan was 2/3 paid for (by slave work as per contract agreement that I signed to pay for the study).
    The Sound of Silence (Original Version from 1964)

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016