1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eddie Garza, Apr 29, 2015.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Blue light is visible light.
    One should be able to confirm its existence using simple spectrometer as we were discussing earlier on this thread,
    but your test with blue blockers already gives good suspicion.

Anyhow, using blue light at night (during sleeping time) is a sort of desperate attempt at increasing fertility.
    When one is trying to conceive, this may be good (temporary) workaround.

Otherwise, for the sleeping time (say 8hrs) red, IR-a, should be ok,
    forget UV-A & UV-B unless we can find lamps that are tested, and do not have any blue.
    There are Woods Lights, but they are UV-A only.

UV-A---> thyroid
    UV-B---> vit D

During daytime, cloudy or sunny, we should maximize time outdoor.
    When indoor, Solar Glo 160W provides UV-A, UV-B, visible light and IR-A.
    It is designed at tested on reptiles.
    ------

------
    For me, the still open question is about using eye protection:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/low-cortisol-levels.14194/page-22#post-180986

Curves likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jack Kruse
    November 4 at 12:40pm
    Today's group PSA about eyes: Contacts filter out purple light and this atrophies the eye muscles of the globe elongate. This makes vision less sharp because blue light enters and it bends most through the anterior eye where the prisming of light occurs. Blue light falls anterior to the macula to cause visual blur. The more visual blur with a lack of purple light one gets the more chance dry macular degeneration occurs because we need purple light to hit the retina and specifically the macula to stimulate blood flow to the surface of the retina just as we do in the skin.

Dan Oren, MD, PhD, researcher for Yale University and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) indicated that 50 percent of the entire blood volume in the body passes through the eyes in 40 minutes, and that there is a biochemical mechanism of light involving hemoglobin within the blood (280 nm light) , allowing the eyes to be an appropriate portal for phototherapy treatment. Nature uses this effect to maintain vision. That is all. Carry on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/872967099382852/1090819547597605/

------------------------------
    Jack KruseIf you understand this............what does this do in a blue lit world longer term. How many of you beside Tom Doud know about the prisming effect of blue light that causes visual blur? And what this does to the eye clock mechanism longer term............I'm dropping nuggets now.
    Jack KruseJack is just warming up for the new series............and it is a whopper.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Jeff Power likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

twilightkid likes this.
  4. twilightkid

twilightkid New Member

JanSz, as always great posts. Thanks for sharing

5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

So I've just tried one of the mercola full spectrum lights in a reptile lamp fixture and it blew instantly. I'm not sure if it's due to poor build quality, bad luck, or incorrect wattage.

The bulbs rated 120V, 60Hz, and 30 Watt (equivalent to 90 incandescent) and the lamp fixture is 240V, 50/60Hz, and Max 75 Watt. Now I'm not sure if you are supposed to use the equivalent incandescent wattage bulbs when choosing suitable bulbs, which doesn't appear to be the case, if so my bad. But if not it's pretty disappointing.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If I understand you correctly:
    light bulbs are made for 120V
    you applied 240V

--------------
    120 and 240 are nominal values.

In USA I am reading now 118-119V

Less volts ----> more amps (assuming same resistance)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    seanb4 likes this.
  7. Linz

Linz Gold

Sean, Jan is right 120V is not compatible with 240v uk supply

seanb4 likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sean, if you must, you should be able to connect two 120v light bulbs (in line) into 240v outlet.

----(inlet #1)---------------120v--------120v------------(inlet #2)----

//////

seanb4 likes this.
  9. Curves

Curves Guest

@JanSz I am using one Solar Go about 3 feet from my head. Any closer and the light gives me a headache. At this distant, the sensation is really pleasant. I am waiting for a second one to put down at my feet level to eliminate gross and persistent toe nail fungus.

What I was wondering is nighttime. I only use solar glow during the day when not outside. Are you using a UVA/black out bulb at night and if so, which one? I would love to find one where I could read to it for the earlier hours of the evening.

10. JMO

JMO Gold

From the New Time I Blog--

Fire has the relatively the same color temperature of the sun. This implies that our native sun, at night, may not be a problem. This is a big insight for bio hacks. What about our modern version of alien sun’s around us at night? Is this a good idea to extend our lives?

11. Curves

Curves Guest

@JMO we just had someone come and and check our downstairs bedroom fireplace and hallelujah it works (we just moved in a few months ago). I know there is evidence for the earliest domestication of fire dating back to about a million years go. So, I'm thinking IR light from firelight at night would be both cozy and "life extending"?

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I use two Solar Glo 160 W.
    They were together at 36" distance from my right shoulder.
    Few days ago changed arrangement. I have one on left the other on right side, both still at 36" distance.
    I also have UVB200 on right side, I think I will get rid of it.

For over a week I was sleeping with one black light.
    It bothers me, and I think I know why. Not proven, just a guess.
    There is still lots of blue (visible light) there since I can see it.

My day = 14 hrs= 8AM -10PM (when I am indoor, Solar Glow 8AM till 9PM or longer, then I use red
    My night = 10 hrs, 8hrs sleep (total darkness), 2 hrs in between (red)

Solar Glow have IR-A as heat

Note, house heating system is IR-A light.

On post #443
    note the color chart from flux.
    Go into the link.
    Note that lots of blue is suppressed after sundown, by flux.

------
    The bottom line is shape of cortisol curve using blood or better saliva test.

The ultimate is saliva
    cortisol, DHEA, melatonin.

I tested my blood 10/20/15
    cortisol(7;30AM)=17.4ug/dL(6.2-19.4)
    cortisol(1PM)=8.6ug/dL(2.3-11.9)
    I think it is not bad for 76yo.

nicld and FutureVision like this.
  13. Curves

Curves Guest

You are a rock star @JanSz :)

So you keep the S9lar Glo on until 9:00 pm. or longer? As if you lived at the equator? I didn't think of that! It's not a mismatch with your local time? I'd be happy frankly to have more light at night.

14. Penny

Penny New Member

I bought 4 Mercola bulbs on Amazon - to say they mimic the sun is the understatement of the year - they are also rated at 93 - really high - but, they are bright... probably great for SAD or a cloudy day though - I keep falling asleep next to my silly red incandescent lamp wondering if that's bad or not...

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Day at equator is terrible (in my book).
    Vacation there are obviously ok, but not for permanent living.
    I lived for one complete year at about southern tropic, Brazil, Angara Dos Reis.
    Days there are about 12hr, nights there are 12hr long, every day, 365 then repeat.
    Days are bright sunny hopeful, and I felt that they will last forever, well, at least till 9PM.
    EVERY DAY I was surprised, by night that arrived at 6PM.
    I felt cheated.

I was raised in Poland, my known ancestors are from there.
    Longest day, June 21, 16hr 25 min

Since 1972 I am in NJ 07054
    Longest day, June 21, 15hr 5 min

São Paulo,
    Longest day, Dec 21, 13hr 35min

Bambari, Central African Republic
    Could not find anything close to Lake Victoria, but close enough.
    5° 45′ 55″ N, 20° 40′ 27″ E
    12hr/12hr day/night
    ----------------------------------------
    Since now I live a lot in a self created zoo cage,
    I think that 14 hr day and 10 hr night should be a good compromise for year round living.
    -----------------------

http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/brazil/sao-paulo

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    seanb4 and Curves like this.
  16. Curves

Curves Guest

I TOTALLY understand this. I grew up near where you are now just outside of Manhattan in Westchester County (40.9) When I left home, I moved into the City. God, I was crazy back then but those are stories not to be told LOL. When I was ready to leave Manhattan I moved to San Francisco (37.7833° N) which I never would have left if it wasn't for Dr. Kruse. For the last two years I'm in Oregon (45.6142° N). When I lived in San Francisco the length of the days and nights felt "right." I was comfortable with the extremes during the summer and winter solstice. What I find here in Oregon, although I love where we live in the shadow of a rain forest surrounded on three sides by big giant Douglas Fir trees and far enough from neighbors and cell towers and I'm only a few degrees north of my birth latitude, I friggin hate the extremes, especially the long days near the summer solstice. There's more to it, but I haven't quite put my finger on it yet. There is something I don't yet understand about the seemingly foreign way the sun travels in the sky. Still trying to figure it out.

I also find that I can't leave the Solar Glo in one spot. I literally have to move it from left to center to right throughout the day like it's orbiting my head to feel good.

So, I will experiment with extending my day with my Solar Glo and see how that feels. These somehow already puts me at ease. :)

P.S. My paternal grandfather was Polish too :) He was awesome.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

18. Curves

Curves Guest

@JanSz LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious! I wish I looked that good! She and I are definitely members of the same "tribe!"

I have been told though that you can take the New Yorker out of New York but you can't take the New York out of the New Yorker. Frankly, I think it's more my exuberance for certain topics that gives me away rather than my accent but I could be wrong!

And now I really want to poof up my hair and get out my red lipstick . . .

nicld likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good looking.
    I would say that you are doing ok even without red lipstick.

//

Cpt.Tired and Curves like this.
  20. Curves

Curves Guest

You are kind. Turns out she and I were born in the same year. I've 5 and a half months older. :)