1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eddie Garza, Apr 29, 2015.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Curves likes this.
  2. Curves

Curves Guest

Hi @JMO! I use the exact clip on lamp that @JanSz posted above. Great minds think alike. They are super cheap and come in a few sizes. Just make sure the size you buy can take a 160W bulb like @ncid and JanSz mentioned above.

What's good about the clip on is that you have flexibility with the height and can alter it easily so it hits the parts of your body you want exposed easily. The negative is that you need something to clip it on. I clipped it to a traditional light stand so I can add other bulbs like more UV if I choose.

Despite the heavy cloud cover outside, I'm naked at my desk in front of the Solar Glo and it feels great. :)

Cpt.Tired and lilreddgirl like this.
  3. Curves

Curves Guest

JMO likes this.
  4. nicld

nicld Gold

My bulb is about 2 1/2 feet away from me so that is where i put the phone to get the overcast rating and today is said 65%.

I do have florescent lights in the room as well and need to really get maintenance to either turn them off or see it he can get full spectrum. I know not as good as the real sun but I read a book that has studies in which is was said that they were better then the regular florescent.

This weekend when I used it outside and pointed it at the sun it did say 0% for overcast and man I felt it.......it was awesome.

Still need to do some research on the best time to use these. My gut is telling for me, I am thinking that all day may not be the best based on seeing when the "Sun session time" is in my area. I may turn it on after 9 am and definitely off by 4 pm and never on at night in the house. Still need to work on the lighting that I need to use in the morning to get ready and no red lights are not going to cut it for putting makeup on and fixing food, just to be real.

5. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

Jansz and all ... great discussion that helped me decide how to get more UV. BTW, the link to the Exo Terra Solar Glo 160W Reptile Bulb UVB Basking Heat Lizard MVB Mercury Vapor on eBay, posted by Jansz, is now down to 7 available, since I just bought one of them. I will start with just the one for now, since I have the good fortune of getting sunlight nearly every day, year round, here in central Arizona.

Brother John likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Exo-Terra-Sunray-Metal-Halide-Bulb-70-Watt
    This lamp looks like very good lamp. Actually best that I know of. Specially the Sunray Bulb 70W version.
    I looked at this lamp and (temporarily) decided against because I can't figure out the lamp socket size.
    I prefer bulb that would fit into standard (common) E27 socket.
    This is no problem when one buys lamp and bulb as a set.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SunRay-Meta...552056?hash=item463ec11578:g:8CkAAOSwyQtVumLM
    US $183.79

But bulb alone cost
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exo-Terra-S...hash=item418c3056c0:m:mx68wXsIQgowTVfJX4_LQ9A
    US $29.99

So, the lamp itself is very expensive
    --------------------------------------
    I decided to buy (two)
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exo-Terra-S...ry-Vapor-/360567821610?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Exo Terra Solar Glo 160W Reptile Bulb UVB Basking Heat Lizard MVB Mercury Vapor
    US $34.75

I have portable workshop lights that fits this bulbs
    but little nicer looking lamp can be had here:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Holde...at-Emitter-Lamp-Support-US-Plug-/301558062620
    Price:US $10.98 Free shipping
    -------------------------------------
    More electricity will convert into more heat, but that is ok in winter, in summer AC bill will go up.

Would love to figure out lamp socket size for
    Exo-Terra-Sunray-Metal-Halide-Bulb-70-Watt
    There must be a better way to buy lamp for this bulb.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    EDIT
    Mystery about expensive lamp solved.
    It likely contains ballast.

See
    http://www.exo-terra.com/download/p...nstruction Manual_PT2326-PT2327-PT2328_NA.pdf
    page #3 point #17
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

/
    Exo Terra Sunray Metal Halide Replacement Heat Bulb 70 Watt
    at the distance of 36"
    UVA 550 uW/cm^2
    UVB 35 uW/cm^2
    LUX 7600
    ------------------------------

Exo-Terra-Solar-Glo-160W
    at the distance of 36"
    UVA no data
    UVB 25 uW/cm^2
    LUX 1600

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. JMO

JMO Gold

Thanks...bought 2! I put a yellow sticky over my camera in my laptop as one time I accidentally hit the wrong button on a chat session and it activated the camera. Luckily I was dressed and looked presentab

8. JMO

JMO Gold

Presentable...lol

Brother John likes this.
  9. Dennis Clark

Dennis Clark Dr. Dennis Clark

That's funny, JMO. I always viewed Skype askance. Now I will have to watch out for that pesky laptop camera more often. Sitting shirtless in my home office feels fine for me. I don't know what it is like for the ladies.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  11. nicld

nicld Gold

Do you have the full versions of these articles?

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What you see is all I got.

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Thanks :) Out of everything here, this is making sense to me and I want to research as much as I can. I think the DHA is finally working on the brain :D:D:D:D:D

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Carefull;
    brain needs a boatload of O6 (O six)

https://www.jackkruse.com/is-fish-oil-good-or-bad/
    The brain makes up 3% of our body weight (BW) but has a 100 to 1 ratio of 06 to 03 within it normally.

100x more O6 than O3 (in the brain)
    it could make for good study some day.
    And we still do not know what are the ratios of components.
    Per Yehuda
    desirable = 4:1 (O6:O3)
    but specifically it is 4:1(LA:ALA)

The rest of the story of O6 & O3 I think can only be determined by blood testing and comparing to mid range of laboratory ranges.
    Assuming that we are at mid ranges, that would only assure good blood levels.
    Then we can only hope that distribution of O6 & O3 in other tissues (including brain) is somewhat at desirable levels.

Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

15. JMO

JMO Gold

I've been using my black Duracell light in a small lamp next to my laptop (orange acrylic over screen) along with a reptile UVB 150 while working the entire day for a couple weeks now. This has been an incredible change in my energy, my brain fog lifting, and my mood. I really haven't done anything that has measured up to this (hope it stays). I have been getting outside for a bit in the am too. This summer I was out a lot in the am sun even on conference calls for longer periods but never got the affect I'm getting from these lights indoors. Just wondering if this is telling me something about where I live. I'm in Omaha NE which is not a huge city but is something blocking UVA in my environment? I would think all the time I've spend outside in the summer would have been a bigger bang. Outside should be better than inside. Finally charging my battery (all the DHA I've been collecting eating cases of oysters over the past year).

One bad effect I had was with my gut. I usually don't have any issues but may have overdid the light last Thurs when I went in my Mercola tanning stand bed for 10 min each side. I worked with the lights all day (which should be okay because Well of the Sea employees did and people work in fake/wrong spectrum light everyday) and also used my UFO light on my lower back for 15 min. I was filled with energy and really good things but had the worst diarrhea ever but didnt feel sick at all. Finally getting better after 4 days. Just connecting this to the cruise where I had slight gut issues that I normally don't have---thinking more UVA/B in caribbean. Earlier in the week, randomly switched from coffee to green tea. Also, eating more Bubbies sauerkraut and dark Choc. Maybe all this energy purged some bad bacteria or maybe I ate a bad oyster or my SCN clock and gut is mismatched. I don't think my gut has been working for a long time due to all the years working in blue light on a laptop. Hope all the light in the right spectrum will help.

16. nicld

nicld Gold

That is great. :):):):):):)

For me, my UFO light makes me go when done and so does raw sauerkraut. Having dealt with constipation for so many years I welcome free movements :)

Oh there was an article that I just read that talked a little about doing the LED treatment around the navel area (lower back should be the same) but I cannot find it now. I think I got it fromt he drop box on the quantum age. If I find it, I will let you know.

JMO likes this.
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Every little bit counts,
    but Duracell light is likely less potent than UVB150
    And UVB150 have lowest potency of the three:

UVB150
    UVB200
    Solar Glo 160W

Reptile UVB150 gives one, 1 μW/cm^2 of UVB at 36" from bulb
    Reptile UVB200 gives six, 6 μW/cm^2 of UVB at 36" from bulb
    Solar Glo 160 gives one 25 μW/cm^2 of UVB at 36" from bulb

Anyhow looks like we are on the right track. (Thank you Jack !!!!)

FWIW, it is good to know that we are responding to those lights.

Warren is about 26" from one Solar Glo 160
    and reported some changes.

I am glad for all this info, because I am 3 feet from two Solar Glow 160 and one UVB200
    and
    do not feel much difference.
    Now, I am assuming that it is because of my heavy duty sun exposure otherwise and seriously dark skin.
    --------

I am guessing that when using Solar Glow it may be good idea to watch skin response and adjust, specially when skin have not seen any sun in ages.

nicld likes this.
  18. JMO

JMO Gold

I ordered the solar glo and lamps you suggested (thank you) but haven't received them yet. I forgot to mention that another benefit is a very noticeable improvement in my vision. By the middle of the day my vision is very crisp and clear and I can see my 13 inch screen without glasses(earlier in day glasses on and off to get some UVA). I use to take Green Pasture CLO and would also notice improved vision especially at night...that made a huge difference for me but haven't taken CLO in a long time.

And Yes Thank you Jack!

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

nicld likes this.
  20. nicld

nicld Gold

Hey JanSz, got a quick question about the Solar Glo. I am still doing research on the UVA and UVB bulbs and feel I have a decent grasp on them but I have not been able to read enough about IR yet. I think that the Solar Glo appears to be mainly IR light??? I have one at home that I use on the weekends but not at work (just the UVB 200).

I used the Solar Glo last night a bit since I had a horrible day but not sure if the evenings are the best time to use it. Do you have any links on info about the use of IR, specifically the Solar Glo in the evening. Right now, my gut is telling me no (I could be wrong o_O) but a second opinion would be greatly appreciated.

I did sit for a ong time under the UVA and feel much better today. I wish there would be more sun today but right now it is 39F, heavy clouds and windy (but will still try to get out for at least 5).

Oh and I make sure to eat some seeds and nuts to keep the O6 up :)