1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eddie Garza, Apr 29, 2015.

1. I don't have time to sit in front of the sun during 6 days a way for a long period of time. That would be an amazing luxury. I have a few minutes tops. I have four kids that go to school and I work early Saturday (before the sun gets up). Sunday is my day.

JanSz: Would love if you could help with his. I have not been able to find the answer in any video you sent, chart, or graph. I don't see where Jack has ever answered this question.

Assuming I have a 2 - 5 minutes to look at the sun during the week before 10 am:

What's the minimum time one should look at the sun in minutes?

As I've stated before, I have a hard time looking directly at the sun, even when it first rises. So I try to look directly at it with my eyes closed.
    Is it okay to keep your eyes closed when looking directly in the sun or does that defeat the purpose?

If I'm not supposed to look directly at the sun, using a clock for an example, and going clockwise with the sun being 12, where should I be looking? 3 o'clock, 4? 5? 9? Or all?

Sundays - it's my day and can do whatever I want. I can sit for hours in front of the sun till 10 am. I would just like some direction on how best to visually look while being in the presence of the sun.

Thank you.

Frank

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@Frank Kaplan

There is at least two reasons why we need exposure to light.

To maintain Circadian Rhythm (I think less time is required but it must happen at the correct time or close to it)
    Now we are concious about benefits of (UV-A)+(UV-B). They are blocked by eyelids. So the eyes must be open.
    Newer look directly at the sun.
    Look under the sun.
    Think of eyes as camera. You do not want to have a picture that includes sun.

Remember light is not only about eyes, it is also about whole body skin.
    Remember skin must be conditioned to accept sunlight.
    You newer want to get sunburn.

======================

======================
    When one is commited to indoor living most of the time:
    Based on my understanding of what @Jack teaches I propose this:

When sunrise to sundown happens outdoor (we want indoor)
    Black Light
    Reptile UVB (replicating desert)
    High intensity white light (replicating equator)(aquarium lights)
    Overall I think this may end up being good reef aquarium lights (actinic + white 10-20K)

Sundown to bed time
    Black Light
    Red Light

Bed time
    no lights (or just tiny red)

/// (IR still thinking about) either as IR bulbs or sauna
    (sauna + CT spa in the (sun) room lit with black lights)
    (automatically movable glass in the sun room)
    (I could use that) (hint hint).

-------
    Sources of black light and reptile UVB

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2VZAYYN2XUXJT

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00101GDIG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

http://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-SL24-Fluorescent-Incandescent-Equivalent/dp/B002P4MAXE/ref=sr_1_5?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1431787533&sr=1-5&keywords=red bulb

The question of intensity is still rather open.

-----------------------------------------------------

Good idea to check with @PaulG

/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    nicld, Starfish Prime and Curves like this.
  3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

From the comments of UB24 blog

JACK KRUSE SAYS:
    September 1, 2015 at 12:51 pm
    Vince take the glasses or contact off and look 15-25 degrees away from the sun but in its East wood direction…….how long depends upon your latitude and personal context. Those are things I tease out in details with my members in Q & A’s

4. Good stuff. Thank you. You said: "Remember skin must be conditioned to accept sunlight." What does this mean?

5. b612

b612 New Member

Minimum clothes

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Refers to the ability to use sunlight. Dehydrated skin that does not sweat does not work well. Epsom salt water is a good addition to sunbathing but read the sulfated vit d3 b
    log
    Edit : ubi 8,tensegrity 7.

Starfish Prime likes this.
  7. Thank you both (all three actually).

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[ quote="Lahelada, post: 177329, member: 6531"]From the comments of UB24 blog

JACK KRUSE SAYS:
    September 1, 2015 at 12:51 pm
    Vince take the glasses or contact off and look 15-25 degrees away from the sun but in its East wood direction…….how long depends upon your latitude and personal context. Those are things I tease out in details with my members in Q & A’s[/quote]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I remember this post, thanks for re-posting it.
    My problem is that I do not understand those directions.
    I would appreciate long hand explanation.
    @Lahelada

I have problem understanding this:
    look 15-25 degrees away from the sun but in its East wood direction

I say understanding,
    possibly it is more about difficulty in following that instruction.

Say, it is 8AM, or about one hour after sunrise.
    First look straight at the sun (eyelids closed)
    then turn right 25 degrees
    in that position I still see sun with left eye (so I have a hard time opening it).
    Actually I do not want sun shining straight into my eyes.
    Something is not right.
    Need additional help.

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

After prolonged lack of sun exposure one must start slowly.

There is a video that describes introduction to the whole body sun exposure.
    It describes it in (rather drastic) way.
    It takes about a month (of incremental daily 5min exposures)
    to be able to stay in full sun (for half an hour)(safely).
    It takes longer if one want to stay whole day in full sun.
    No sunscreens. Nothing applied to skin.
    No glasses.
    No clothes.

Divide body into 7 parts
    1-feet to mid way feet knees.
    2-feet to knees
    3-feet to mid thighs
    4-feet to crotch
    5-feet to bottom of rib cage
    6-feet to neck
    7-whole body
    ---------------------
    Start with lying down, only part #1 exposed to sun for 5 minutes
    rest of the body covered
    next day
    expose part #2 for 5 minutes
    and so on
    so when you come first time to the whole body you will have
    5 min on face and 35 min on part #1

Then keep increasing by 5 min every day.

=================
    With effort as above,
    it is better to go thru it just once,
    and keep more frequent sun exposure.

/

10. Linz

Linz Gold

And the wrong fats in cell membranes reduces ability to go out in the sun.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Frank Kaplan said:
    Good stuff. Thank you. You said: "Remember skin must be conditioned to accept sunlight." What does this mean?

Good reminder @Linz
    What you do about it? Diet? Anything else?

My (incomplete) answer is:
    do (good) Fatty Acids analysis.
    I do this one at LabCorp (it is actually done at Mayo Clinic.
    It is part of LONG LIST for LabCorp:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

specifically:
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum

I post-process results, as shown on the bottom of post #20 of pg-e2-ratio thread.

===================================
    There is lots of talk about
    how important DHA is
    how good it is to eat fish and seafood
    Omega6/Omega3 ratio 4:1 being good.

All that is important, for sure.
    But
    it is good to remember this:
    -------
    https://www.jackkruse.com/is-fish-oil-good-or-bad/
    The other interesting factor I have seen few speak of, is the requirement that each organ of the body has for omega 6 and 3 fats. I decided to look into this issue more several years ago when I was researching my own health. I always believed that the brain had a large omega 3 component naturally and it turned out, I was dead wrong. The brain makes up 3% of our body weight (BW) but has a 100 to 1 ratio of 06 to 03 within it normally.
    ----
    -----------------
    Omega6/Omega3 ratio 4:1 being good:
    good for what?
    it is good to have that ratio in the diet we eat (says Yehuda and dr Patricia Kane follows that recomendations)
    Different organs have different ratios.
    Good blood test, (the one I posted above), having optimal results for each component of Omega6 and Omega3,
    have ratios:
    Total O6/Total O3 = 10.9
    AA/DHA = 7.178
    LA/ALA = 34
    DHA/EPA = 2.45
    AA/EPA = 17.6
    ========================
    But dr Patricia Kane uses best test and that other test (Krieger) comes with much different ratios:

Total O6/Total O3 = 4.8
    AA/DHA = 3.65
    LA/ALA = 92.9
    DHA/EPA = 12.4
    AA/EPA = 45.4

To get those values I assume each component value is equal to average of their range value.
    Same approach as dr Kane uses when evaluating results (page#2 post #27 PG/E2 ratio thread). That is I assume %Status for each fatty acid category=zero. Each one is in mid-range.

//

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  12. Curves

Curves Guest

Just confirming here, that the angle of the sun's light is important?

For instance, if you're lying in bed with the window open and the morning sun fills your room but you can't see the actual sun itself, this is NOT sufficient to trigger the beneficial effects of morning sunlight-- is that right?

13. Curves

Curves Guest

I was also wondering about morning sunlight, surface chemistry and showering. I understand that taking a shower can diminish Vitamin D production even at the "right" time of year. Is this the same with morning sunlight and your skin? Should one wait a certain amount of time before showering in the morning so as not to diminish or negate the surface chemistry happening as a result of morning sun?

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jack Kruse
    September 8 at 3:40pm
    Today's nugget of wisdom: Lacking AM UVB is also linked to sleep apnea in the literature because of too much PM blue light exposure from the new LED bulbs. This can chronically lower cortisol that should normally spike at 4 AM in humans. What turns that spike of cortisol off naturally? AM UV light in your eye clock and on your skin. This is where adrenal fatigue begins in your PVN.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jack Kruse
    Yesterday at 8:19pm
    Although melatonin is present in food such as fruit, vegetables, and wheat, melatonin ingested with a normal diet does not significantly contribute to circulating levels. So why would anyone try to sell it in a pill? Money.......that is the only reason. Be smarter.

16. Jill1

Jill1 New Member

regulated by α-MSH. Alternative Docs like Naturopaths push Adrenal Fatigue when it's not.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Jack Kruse
    September 22 at 8:19pm
    Although melatonin is present in food such as fruit, vegetables, and wheat, melatonin ingested with a normal diet does not significantly contribute to circulating levels. So why would anyone try to sell it in a pill? Money.......that is the only reason. Be smarter.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light matters even in the vastness of space. Sunlight is a cathode ray and comets and planets are anodes. As light hits an anode water is released because of the charge effect of a moving target. The same thing hold true when you are holding your cell phone or laptop. You become dehydrated like a comet or like California is now. Think about physics.......it is tied to life too. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/water-blasts-on-comets-tied-to-sunlight-cycle/

Curves likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/cooking-with-blood.16117/page-2#post-177802

[ quote="Jack Kruse, post: 170692, member: 1031"]Ok...........enough with the nonsense. Lets get back to science. This thread is filled with nuggets.

Why you better understand UV light better than you currently do. The photoelectric effect basis is buried in its unusual ability and maybe why life chose it to signal.

The dualism to the nature of light is best demonstrated by the photoelectric effect, where a "weak" UV light produces a current flow (by releases electrons to its surrounding) but a strong red light does not release electrons no matter how intense the red light is. Red light then acts a type of cellular "capacitor or battery" for energy. This is very similar to water in a sense in a cell. Where is the energy from red light stored you ask? In cell membranes, water, and in mitochondria of all cells.

Einstein explained that light exists in a particle-like state as packets of energy (quanta) called photons. The photoelectric effect occurs because the packets of energy carried by each individual red photons are too weak to knock the electrons off the atoms no matter how many red photons you beamed onto the cathode (metal). But the individual UV photons were each strong enough to release the electron and cause a current flow. It appears that life needs a chronic stream of UV light to work properly. UV light is also at low energy parts of the electromagnetic spectrum because life's job is to move electrons to and fro to alter the redox chemistry of proteins with those electrons. Since light and the periodic table are quantized.........this means that life also likely seeks out atoms on the early part of the periodic table to build its proteins. That also turns out to be factual.[/quote]

seanb4 likes this.