1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Cortisol Levels

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Eddie Garza, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Tfreeman

Tfreeman Gold

Has anyone come up with any solutions to dry eyes on the Leptin Rx? I know it was mentioned in this thread a lot. It’s also consistent with me feeling like my blood sugar dropping at random times throughout the day, though it’s not being measured so I’m thinking it also could be cortisol.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Dear Colleagues, as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources.

The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.

Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves.:

1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.

2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.

3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.

4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.

5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.

6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.

7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!

What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:

1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas.

Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.

2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.

3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.

4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.

I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available.

I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us!

3. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Thx for this helpful advice from a virology expert.

I can agree with all of his points except his claim that COVID-19 can not be spread through air (although he mentions large droplets from coughing, etc.)

My info notes that it can be spread through aerosols (fine particulates from mouth but not cough or sneeze). There also is good evidence it spreads through the fecal-oral transmission route.

Mark Levy, Brent Patrick and JanSz like this.
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/cure-coronavirus-at-home.24765/#post-287126

HERBAL TREATMENT FOR CORONAVIRUS INFECTIONS
    ==========================
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/cure-coronavirus-at-home.24765/#post-287148
    [QUO TE="Katie Durham, post: 287136, member: 22378"]JanSz, Buhner's protocol is online and provides recommended dosings. For instance: https://www.healingspiritsherbfarm.com/coronavirus Also: https://www.herbalamy.com/product-page/corona-virus-protocol Some suppliers have made the combinations available.

I'm doing something a little more robust based on his Herbal Antivirals book (involving more herbs). The book goes in depth into protocols for influenza and pneumonia and SARS (much overlap) but didn't at that time reflect COVID-19. Some herbals can mess up prescription meds either by inhibiting them or making them more sensitive, and that will affect dosings and probably whether you would want to use certain herbs. Fortunately I don't have that concern. At any rate, I'm not going to hold myself out as an expert on Buhner's herbs. I recommend the book for those who want more information.

Jackie, I absolutely agree about the potential economic upheaval. I don't see how we avoid it. 3 weeks ago I moved my aggressively invested 401k into a mutual fund so I feel protected for the time being.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you, Katie.
    -------------------------

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

6. Penny

Penny New Member

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Research Alert: Methylene
    Blue May Help Inactivate COVID-19

As governments and health care agencies work to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to treat those who are infected, a large scale research operation is underway.

In Jan 2020, research was published highlighting the potential of methylene blue to inactivate three emerging viruses, including coronavirus. See here

upload_2020-3-9_14-42-21.png

Pebbles likes this.
  9. Ltien

Ltien New Member

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

11. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Jan, I take 10 drops/day. I highly doubt I need it, but WTF. You can take that or 10 drops 2x/day. I personally feel your body would kill the virus before it got 10 feet from you.

JanSz likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    John Schumacher likes this.
  13. Karl Sapp

Karl Sapp New Member

I am curious who this is coming from? Seems like good advice.

JanSz likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-to-wind-turbines-during-severe-weather

What happens to wind turbines during severe weather?
    [​IMG]
    Robert Cook
    , Nuclear Service Engineer, Power Plant Ops, Repair. (1974-present)
    Answered Feb 14
    Before the storm front comes through the area, the wind turbine farm is producing 20-30% of its rates power. This percent quickly (but randomly and unpredictably ) increases to 65-80% rated nameplate power as the storm front approaches, and goes overhead.

One of two things happen. And you can't tell which will occur each time.

One. The storm front is not quite high to trip off the turbines for safety so they don't burn up or blow off too fast. If so, for 1–2 hours at the peak of the storm, the wind turbines produce 95-100% rated power, and all of that rates power MUST BE BOUGHT by “the grid” by state and federal mandate. Conventional power plants must shutdown in this period, their environmental emission limits due not permit part loads.

Then, 2-4 hours later, the storm front has passed, and the turbine wind farm now produce near zero for 24-48 hours. All of the fossil plants that just shutdown must restart to pickup the loads that still remain, those loads the wind turbines are useless now to carry.

Two. The storm is slightly more severe, and does exceed the turbines rated 25 or 30 m/sec wind speed for few minutes or a few gusts.

BOOM! EVERY turbine shuts off as soon as its limit is exceeded. A brownout occurs, sometimes a regional blackout occurs, because ALL of the wind farm power supply to the area is immediately and unexpectedly lost in amatter of minutes or seconds. No one, no other plant has time to start back up or to recover lest it, too, crash due to control or oil or steam pressure instability.
    =======================================

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2020-3-14_18-50-12.png

Pebbles likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20. Inger

Inger Silver

Does nnEMF destroy your potassium?

I know Jack has written about it somewhere but I cant exactly remember what....