1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Low Alkaline Phosphatase levels

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by mamadell, Nov 16, 2017.

1. mamadell

mamadell Gold

Over the past few years...my serum alkaline phosphatase levels have been quite low.. All other markers are within optimal ranges including RBC zinc , Vit D , B6 , etc. I get plenty of A.M. sun
    Wondering what else could be causing the drop ?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We see this in people who eat too many plants and not enough protein or fat because of lowered zinc levels. Usually is it transient but if it is chronic is shows that something is amiss in the liver (hydrogen furnace). High deuterium foods like vegetables with tons of fructans can cause it. Oysters or liverwurst to the diet on a chronic basis usually can repair it.

Brent Patrick likes this.
  3. mamadell

mamadell Gold

hhhhmmmm.... interesting. Thank you..I do eat alot of veggies with fructans . It all makes sense now. Are you familiar with Viome ? https://www.viome.com/
    I did their test and the results were fascinating as far as what bacteria, viruses, fungi ,etc ...are present in my gut. The test results do recommend that i consume more proteins from shellfish and specifically coconut oil ( as main fat source ) It appears that glyphosate also really disrupts the diversity of gut microbial presence and function,
    which in may case, down regulates liver detox pathways. Intuitively, i know that my body thrives on seafood ...especially, fresh caught. May be time to revisit the idea of moving to the Yucatan :)

4. mamadell

mamadell Gold

Also, the soil here in Sedona has a ton of copper which has also turned up in excess in a hair sample i did. Would excess copper also cause alkaline phosphatase to drop ? Seems i have to ingest a lot more zinc rich foods to offset the high copper as well as taking a zinc supplement.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

AZ is a geo-pathic stress area so........I am not a big fan of that area.

mamadell likes this.
  7. mamadell

mamadell Gold

yeah....i agree. Have thought about moving within the states near the ocean but , don't really resonate with most of the options...except maybe the outer banks of N.C.
    Mexico is looking better and better every day as an option