1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Loss of REM sleep due to being on call 24/7

Discussion in 'Educating Doctors' started by axel brandt, Jun 16, 2019.

1. axel brandt

axel brandt New Member

I felt identified with a text I read on tensegrity sleep blog, where you described your 25 years of "night phone answering". I did it for 12 years, and decided to quit it, giving-up economic income in favour of health. As a urologist, I didnt have too much calls, but nearly always, I had to deal with the "sensation" that perhaps, I will receive an urgency call. That was 24/7 from monday till monday, it only stopped on vacations, and of course, for free. It is established, that you are on passive guard, and you have to give your home number !! Happily, that nightmare ended, I just answer for my own operated patients. My mood improved, and I feel that I can do my job endlessly. Academic prestige sacrified ? who cares.....health is first.