1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Losing weight with CT when that is not ideal

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by earlyriser, Jun 21, 2012.

1. earlyriser

earlyriser New Member

I am an athlete that needs to gain some weight for my sport (10-12 lbs) however since starting CT just over one month ago I have been losing weight despite eating more food. My CT consists of 30-45 mins ice baths @50-55F at least 4 times per week, cold showers daily and wearing only a shirt during winter.*

I eat 90% primal which includes a lot of sweet potatoes + vegetables and grass fed animal products (including butter + eggs). My weight was stable before starting CT. I try to take advantage of the post workout window to eat most of my carbs for the day and am eating at least 20% more carbs than I was pre-CT. I lift 4 times per week and do sport specific training 4 times per week. Any help is much appreciated.

2. Barry

Barry New Member

First you need a body comp to find out the type of weight you have lost. Then work out tissue specifics... gain 10-12lbs of muscle or fat ? or lose fat, gain 10-12lbs of muscle ?

Has CT improved performance ? If not, consider stopping.