1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Loose skin?

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by AnnieW, Oct 22, 2013.

1. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Hey guys, I'm just curious what you are doing for loose skin. There's a ton of stuff on the internet but it's difficult for me to sort through the fluff.

I have a body brush for dry brushing and I use coconut oil on my skin. When I can work up to CT I will do that. I'm having problems with urticaria right now so I'm trying to balance my omegas with diet.

Are there any supplements I should be taking to help with loose skin? Is there anything topical I should be doing besides the body brushing and CO? I'm sure I will have some loose skin because I've been overweight my whole life; I'm just trying to minimize it as best I can.

Thanks!

2. Here are some thoughts on the matter, that Dr. Kruse posted over at Mark's Daily Apple:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345-83.html#post505009

3. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

Thanks so much Optimalbound for posting that. I wonder if Dr. K will chime in and say how much of this stuff we should take, if it's even available to us without an Rx.

I'm just wondering what's considered "high dose" and where can we get topical caprylic acid and teprenone? I've seen the caplets of caprylic acid but not like a bottle of it or anything.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

C/T is invaluable for this. Have you started? It doesn't happen over nite - but it does happen....

5. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I've tried but because of the urticaria I have to work on the omegas before I can try again.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Are you doing the face dunks? Can you do C/T with warmer water - just to start and get used to it?

7. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I can do face dunks ok and I even take cool showers, which is something I've done for a while now. It's just the ice on skin which causes me problems.

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Annie - how cold is your tap water? You shouldn't put ice on your skin starting out. Put a compression shirt on - a really tight one - it compresses fat cells .. And then put a bag of ice on top... Baby steps....you will get there - I am living proof ...and a lot of others here as well!

Changes definitely don't happen over nite ....but if you are committed and work the protocols as Jack outlines them - you will get there. Everyone gets impatient and it happens differently for everyone. What works great for me may not be so great for you or will work differently.

Everyone needs to find their own n=1

So - to be clear ....when you put ice on your skin - you get uticaria? That has probably happened to all of us!

Please read the reset guides again .... It is a lot to take in at first .....and we all want the fat gone yesterday..:)

Brent Patrick likes this.
  9. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

I don't have a compression shirt but I had another shirt that I tried, also I put a towel on over it. My skin got itchy and then I had slight bumps.

The tap water is pretty cold especially in the morning. I have never taken the temperature but I know it's not close to freezing, so it's probably not cold enough. I've always enjoyed taking cooler showers because I get hot easily and it keeps me from sweating. Also I have rosacea and the cooler temps help with preventing flare ups too.

Thanks Caroline for your continued support. The last thing I want is to look like a freak with a ton of loose skin when this weight is gone.

caroline likes this.
  10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Annie..... Try a cold bath - you should do great. I just have a pool thermometer that I got for a couple of bucks.
    I freeze bags of ice and then put them in the bath. Your tap water should be getting pretty cold now?

With C/T your body comp will change. Just a thought .....you aren't using those blue ice packs are you? I can't remember what they are called. They aren't good on your skin. Get bags of ice at a store if you have to or just freeze water in some large baggies.

Please let us know how you go.....

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Annie - have you read Dr. K.'s story? He lost 160lb and has no loose skin.....at least that is his story and he is sticking to it.....LOL.....

12. AnnieW

AnnieW New Member

That's pretty impressive! I'd still like to know the doses of those supplements he listed on MDA. I'm trying everything I can lol!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Honestly Annie ....C/T changes your body comp big time. And try doing a few kettle bell swings..