1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Looking for point A

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by FutureVision, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

now Dan youre talking sense.

Its fixable if you change.

[​IMG]

2. Two years ago I had a very low Vit D. I spent hours in the mediterranean sun and still my level was crappy. The so called experts told me it's because I have darker skin and eyes and that is what I have to live with and supplement.
    I didn't believe that theory even back then( pre Jack Kruse times) and never touched a VIT D supplement-especially not after Jack's Black Hole sun( tensegrity 7 ), which was like an eye opener. Now everything made sense.
    I started to implement what he wrote about, to improve my redox potential with all the measures he talks about in his blogs( that's why I told you it's important to read the older blogs, so many gold nuggets there), to change my environment etc.
    My Redox potential must have improved ( as well as my labs only by following his advice in all aspects)- and all of a sudden I had at the BEGINNING of this summer a much higher vitamin D level with much LESS sun than before at the END of summertime. And this was even BEFORE knowing all the details about the eye clock etc.
    Still there is much to improve, and I am happy about every new nugget we get from Jack.
    Have you read Black hole sun? One of my favorite blogs...

3. I think I have but then again I have read a lot over the last 3 months since I got the ball rolling. I'll revisit that one. Right now I'm going to binge read Van Wijk and less FB :)

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. hahaha :thumbsup:

6. So let me rewind here a second and go cross forum/thread for the benefit of anyone else who is reading this.
    1. I have a crappy redox at the skin level (huh......you have psoriasis! Dan, dont forget)
    2. I have a crappy UV and nnEMF environment here in NH and more so because I live in a condo where i get to experience everyone else's nnEMF.
    3. I have high DHA and EPA levels - https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/high-dha-and-epa-bad-in-fatty-acid-profile.17107/
    Those levels are great if I am getting good sunlight but I am not so that is a problem. I'm not sure what the downside other than maybe a chronic buildup? If sunlight is not liberating electrons from DHA there must be a cost. Kind of a too much of good thing?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The Truth is in the Spectrum
    and
    density
    and
    timing

How to Get Healthy Levels of Natural Light?

Many of us work at our desks for 8-10 hours a day.
    Some work in windowless buildings.
    Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)

It looks like at least half of world population lives north of tropic of Cancer,
    is light deficient even with the best natural arrangement
    and
    would benefit from supplemental light.
    ======================================================================

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm. I don't get alerts when you slip things in like that. Lol. I just happened to be rereading when I noticed. First though was "I didn't write that did I?". Then I realized it was edited by the moderator.

So here I am thinking, with your comment, I need to go back and understand psoriasis better and how your comment ties into that particular bullet point.

8. Coming right out and asking because I honestly have not found the answer and it hasn't been top priority(got bigger environmental fish to fry). Is there anything in my recent labs that indicates I am leptin resistant?

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

It is inefficient to ask questions for which the answer is fuzzy.

Josh (Paleo Osteo) likes this.
  10. Well, let's state it a different way. If I start working out and doing HIIT which markers should I be watching?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

low cortisol, DHEAs, vit D, AA
    high DHA
    extremely high EPA
    ---------------------------------

When you start exercising think about recuperation time.
    If it takes long time to recuperate, slow down on exercise.
    If you recuperate quickly, exercise more.

12. I got my latest blood results back. I think there are some positives and some negatives. Just to give you an idea of my practices over the lat 6 months of so here they are.

1. Roughly 7 month ago I stopped exercising completely
    2. Roughly around the same time I stopped all supplementation. Occasionally I'll take some magnesium, selenium, zinc and B complex but it is rare.
    3. December was a real tough month for me. Extra stress from knowing my job/contract was coming to an end and a poor light environment
    4. Full body UVB device for most of this year. There was a period of time in late March where I ran out of exposures and it took a few weeks to get a new prescription and get back to using the device.
    5. Stress has been fairly high since the beginning of the year. Making a go of running my own business.
    6. Eating habits have been less than stellar. There was a reduction in eating seafood daily but I try and get in a can of sardines every other day. I've stuck with eating mostly grass-fed beef and veggies most days. On some rare occasions I'll fall off the wagon and eat a bunch of carbs. Trying to get back to eating only 2 meals a day which are predominantly low carb.
    With that background here are my most recent lab results from 4/27/16. The third number in parentheses are the newest numbers. The previous 2 numbers are for comparison from previous draws. Red indicates the number went down and green means the values went up. The colors are not indicative of good/bad/out of range results.

TSH+T4F+Thyabs+TPO+T3F+T3Reverse
    • TSH2 (4.010)4.170(1.93) ulU/mL - win?
    • Triiodothyronine (3.1)3.1(2.6) pg/mL
    • T4,Free(Direct) (1.31)1.56(1.08) ng/dL
    • Reverse T3, Serum (11.6)12.7(13.3) ng/dL
    • Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab (12)10(19) IU/mL
    • Thyroglobulln, Antibody (<1.0)<1.0(<1.0) IU/mL
    CBC With Differential/Platelet
    • WBC2 (5.3)4.5(4.4) x10E3/uL
    • RBC2 (4.73)5.12(5.06) x10E6/uL
    • Hemoglobin (14.8)16(15.5) g/dL
    • Hematocrit (43.9%)47.9%(45.2%)
    • MCV (93)94(89) fL
    • MCH (31.3)31.3(30.6) pg
    • MCHC (33.7)33.4(34.3) g/dL
    • RDW (14.0%)14.0%(14.0%)
    • Platelets (194)206(200)x10E3/uL
    • Neutrophils (58%)54%(60%)
    • Lymphs (26%)31%(30%)
    • Monocytes (9%)8%(8%)
    • Eos (6%)6%(2%)
    • Basos (1%)1%(0%)
    • Neutrophils (Absolute) (3.1)2.5(2.6) X10E3/UL
    • Lymphs (Absolute) (1.4)1.4(1.3) X10E3/UL
    • Monocytes(Absolute) (0.5)0.4(0.3) x10E3/uL
    • Eos (Absolute) (0.3)0.3(0.1) X10E3/UL
    • Baso (Absolute) (0.0)0.0(0.0)X10E3/UL
    • Immature Granulocytes (0%)0%(0%)
    • Immature Grans (Abs) (0.0)0.0(0.0) X10E3/UL
    Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
    • Glucose, Serum (84)90(101) mg/dL
    • Creatinine, Serum (0.98)1.15(0.95) mg/dL
    • eGFR If NonAfrlcn Am (TNP)78(98) mL/min/1.73
    • eGFR If African Am (113) mL/min/1.73
    • BUN/Creatinine Ratio (15)13(16)
    • Sodium, Serum (142)140(142) mmol/L 1
    • Potassium, Serum (4.7)4.5(4.6) mmol/L
    • Chloride, Serum (103)99(103) mmol/L
    • Carbon Dioxide, Total (24)27(25) mmol/L
    • Calcium, Serum (9.3)9.7(9.6) mg/dL
    • Protein, Total, serum (6.5)6.8(6.6) g/dl
    • Albumin, Serum (4.6)4.6(4.7) g/dL
    • Globulin, Total (1.9)2.2(1.9) g/dL
    • A/G Ratio (2.4)2.1(2.5)
    • Bilirubin, Total (0.2)0.5(0.6) mg/dL
    • Alkaline Phosphatase, S (78)74(68) lU/L
    • AST (SGOT) (28)26(24) lU/L
    • ALT (SGPT) (22)20(23) lU/L
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
    • Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy (49.6)39.1(37.1) ng/mL - trending the wrong way
    Testosterone. Serum
    • Testosterone, Serum 382 ng/dL
    Cortisol
    • Cortisol(Morning) 21.7 ug/dL
    Ferritin, Serum
    • Ferritin, Serum 492 ng/mL - This is high
    Mercury, Blood
    • Mercury, Blood 1.4 ug/L
      • Environmental Exposure <15.0
      • occupational Exposure:
      • BEI - Inorganic Mercury 15.0
      • Detection Limit 1.0

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

All that says you better change where you're doing what youre doing it soon you'll have some of the complications mentioned in the psoriasis blog.

14. So here's what I am trying to figure out. Thyroid function seems to be tied to Vit D levels as I have read. My Vit D levels have gone down a little since my last draw but my TSH improved. Can TSH improve independently of Vit D levels? My other numbers moved too. I believe the increase in reverse T3 and Ferritin is definitely a sign of leptin resitance. I also went back to the Epi-Paleo RX book and found out that high ferritin could be a sign of metabolic stress. The book refers to an increase in HS-CRP and Ferritin as a result of an increase secretion of TSH. If my TSH numbers were historically high then it would appear with a lower TSH number that my thyroid is not sluggish anymore and producing more TSH which would be consistent with metabolic stress right?

15. Another thought. The last 5+ months have been somewhat stressful with looking for work and then bootstrapping a new business. Could that added stress be adding to my current issues?

16. Went back to the doc to review the new labs and we had some additional labs run along with a retest of my ferritin. We ran cholesterol and some inflammatory markers. For cholesterol I'm not sure why she didn't order a VAP. I'm guessing since my numbers have been pretty consistent I'm still looking at my high LDL being the large fluffy type as it has been over the last year or so. About a week after the blood draw I did do a double red blood cell donation so that should help with ferritin levels in the short term. Inflammatory markers look fine.

• LDL Cholesterol (143)159(151) mg/dL
    • HDL Cholesterol (54)61(53) mg/dL
    • VLDL Cholesterol (15)16(12) mg/dL
    • Cholesterol, Total (211)235(216) mg/dL
    • Triglycerides (57)60(59) mg/dL
    Ferritin, Serum
    • Ferritin, Serum 492(515) ng/mL - This is high
    C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac
    • C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac (0.19)<0.10(<0.10) mg/L
    Sedimentation Rate-Westergren
    • Sedimentation Rate-Westergren (3)2(2) mm/hr

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

18. Working on it. Over the winter, and now, I used a full body Daavlin UV Series unit. 12 UVB lamps. These days I'm typically out at least an hour at solar noon and on rainy days I'm in the unit for 2:50 sec increasing 5 seconds each session. I've set up a temporary office in my 3 season room while the weather in there is bearable. Windows are all open and sometimes the door. Bugs can be an issue with the open door but I do it anyways.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You know the goal.
    When you think that you are close to it, do blood test.