1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Looking for point A

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by FutureVision, Sep 22, 2015.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I'm not taking any fish oil supplements.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    This is information that I like to get (and bring it to attention) of those who may know more about it (and are willing to talk).
    Look at the labels.
    Most fish that we like to talk about have tremendous amounts of EPA (relatively to our needs),
    It is not only that fish or krill oils have lots of EPA.
    Fish have EPA in same excessive amounts.

Any Omega3 suppress Omega6.
    (It does not work in reverse direction. Excess of O6 does not affect levels of O3.
    Correct amount of any individual omega3 is (obviously) desirable.
    Excess (of anything) is not desirable.
    You have 16x more of EPA that you should ---->that is immediate reason for low AA.

------
    Not sure what to do with eggs, since you are allergic to them.
    Eggs are good source of AA.
    For now we can assume that when you reduce your intake of EPA, then the AA may raise without need for any other intervention.

I am not sure what to think about oysters as fatty acids source.
    I think they are pretty good source of minerals.

/========================
    We need a ton of DHA but I have too much?

Dr Jack emphasizes role of DHA in our health.
    He talks a lot about it.
    Every time he mentions DHA some may get impression that there is a need for another (additional) pound of salmon.
    I think that is not the case.
    We always need only the just right amount.
    -----

Jack does not talk much about other fatty acids,
    but we still need them.

//////

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. It's a sensitivity and not a full blown allergy. Regardless, my body tends to react to them even if I it is not outwardly evident. Again, that may have changed over the last 10 months. I'm not really sure where food sensitivities play into this. I haven't read anything YET in the forums, books, or blogs. They are a symptom of something deeper much like my psoriasis.

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

psoriasis

Fight like hell to get good cortisol levels and curve shape. ---->light, lots of it, followed by darkness
    It would not hurt to have good melatonin and DHEA.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So what is your plan of action about your super high EPA? (over 16x higher than optimal)
    Apparently there is more than one way to look at it.

Selenium --->first
    Lugols after selenium

Consider getting Spectracell Micronutrient test first.
    23andme can wait.

/

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015

5. Good question. I'm not really sure yet. I'm going to need to supplement my sun this winter. I'm not sure if that would be a "good" amount of sun exposure. I know it is not the sun but maybe it'll do. I guess the question is if I try and drop my EPA will I drop my DHA too low. I haven't looked at ratios in the various fish and shellfish but maybe a shift in what type of seafood I eat might help. I also wonder how this relates to everything else I am dealing with. For example let me take a minor issue. I have what appears to malasma or skin discoloration on my brow and left side of my neck. I believe I recall hearing that is a lack of DHA in the skin. If my DHA levels are high is it possible to lack DHA in the skin? Maybe my body isn't properly using the DHA or EPA? A few things to mull over and seek answers for.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Consider getting Spectracell Micronutrient test first.
    23andme can wait.

/

7. Already did 23andMe. Getting Spectracell done this week. Still haven't arranged for a DHEA/Melatonin/Cortisol test.

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am afraid that it is hard enough to optimize fatty acids in the blood.
    Making guesses and optimization of some fatty acids in skin or any other body part is likely beyond of what any doctor is able to accomplish.
    I suggest that you get best blood levels and then hope for Mother Nature to do her part.

-------------
    I think that you have plenty of EPA to last you for few or at least couple of years.
    Getting ZERO of EPA in your diet for a time would be not bad goal in my book.

9. So EPA is stored? Where?

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Hopefully someone will chime in with good answer to your question.

For right now,
    fatty acids (including EPA) are part of cell membranes and mitochondrial membranes
    and triglycerides
    likely
    there are free floating fatty acids (specially during digestive process).

The way I deal (for my self) with this type of problems is by doing blood tests.
    Consider making changes that you think are reasonable at the time
    implement your idea (hack)
    then
    do blood test
    to see how that is working for you.

If you in a hurry, you may test fatty acids 3-4x/year
    Likely more practical would be to do 2x/year
    Spectracell
    Fatty Acids
    Metabolic Panel (14)
    Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential
    Thyroid Panel
    Steroid Panel

note lack of Lipid Panel
    -----------

Melasma-hyperpigmentation
    fish among this:

Melanocyte-stimulating hormones (MSH)
    low pregnenolone
    low progesterone
    high estradiol
    low p/E ratio
    adrenal fatigue
    ---------------

Fatty Acids start with parental acids.
    Yehuda figured out that 4:1 ratio is the sweet spot.
    4:1 mean 4:1 of (LA:ALA)
    to cloud the issue, people call it 4:1 (Omega6: Omega3)

To clarify further, it is about eating 4:1 (not testing it in the blood).

If you want to be precise (complicated and expensive), there is 4:1 oil available.
    Hemp oil (see previous post) is not only close enough but it have other fatty acids that are generally beneficial,
    and you are low on them.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  11. Hi Dan:),
    to throw my 2 cents in - I saw that your homocysteine is elevated. In the US they end the "normal "range at 15, here everything over 10 ist already considered too high. This indicates a deficiency in B12, B6 or folic acid. Also gives a hint what might be going on epigenetically with the methylation.
    You say you are taking a B complex supplement...o_O....a B12 injection might be more beneficial (if it's the B12 level that is low)
    Maybe check out your B Vitamin levels again- a deficiency would have implications in so many pathways

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

B12 deficiency is a sure sign of a lack of UV because of a chronic leak of ELF-UV . Did you know there is an article from the 1920's that shows direct blood irrigation can reverse B12 deficiency. So let me state this clearly.........light alone can remake matter a cell needs.

FutureVision and Joe Gavin like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The near infrared portion of natural sunlight is clearly beneficial for the skin.
    https://saunaspace.com/near-infrared-saunas-best-thing-for-your-skin/
    The sheer number of Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) studies (all non-ablative, i.e. low-power) is staggering if you look in pub med. Interestingly, almost all these studies are using near infrared light (~ 600-1000 nm wavelengths) to heal the skin and the body.
    This article posted today shows how near infrared light, the photobiologically active portion of the sunlight, positively impacts skin health and skin conditions. https://saunaspace.com/near-infrared-saunas-best-thing-for-your-skin/ So why did I post this here this AM. You need to understand how light and its momentum or lack of momentum works in your body. Where light hits our surfaces has many effects. These effects work by a sliding scale that is capable of going up and down based upon the redox of cells where light hits the surface. So if your redox is poor light cannot and won't do what you expect. That light either pushes or pulls cell membranes loaded with DHA. Can light push things like cell membranes? Could this result in phonons and solitons that get transmuted by the tensegrity system in a cell? You bet your ass it does. It has long been known that light carries both energy and momentum, but no one seems to know how momentum and energy get turned into quantum information for the cell. The momentum of light has not been so easy to describe for physics. New experimental results now suggest that the answer depends on whether or not the light can put fluid into motion: Since all cell membranes are fluid in humans this begins to make sense. If light can move a cell membrane, light slows and its momentum decreases and it exerts a pushing force on a cell membrane; This is how Vitamin D3 is made with the interaction of UVB light. Note that if the skin redox is poor you won't be able to make any D3 even in full spectrum sunlight. This should be an eye opener to people. It should help MD's realize why some people like the obese need whopping doses of D3 to get their level north. It is also why some people will need K2 with their D3 to get success. The darker one's skin is also is another factor in how the momentum of light works. Dark skinned people need more not less sun. Same is true with the obese and this with skin conditions like psoriasis. Clearly Vitamin D3 needs a lot of momentum to be made and this is why the most powerful frequency of light is the only frequency capable of making it. What happens if you have no UV light? Say you live indoors under an LED? What if you live in the UK? Light cannot move the cell membranes as well and lights momentum increases more and speeds up into a tissue and it exerts a pulling force on the lattice around it. This is similar to what a bullet tract does when you get shot by a gun. No bueno. If you live with a poor redox disease or in a poor quantum yield area you need sunlight and sauna. Consider a move and a change of behavior.

Here is the link to the physics research. http://phys.org/news/2015-06-physicists-pressure.html

Scompy and FutureVision like this.
  14. I know, I have seen that study , which is simply amazing. ...That's why I am having a tight look at my own B12 levels since I started "living in light" this year. Before my levels were always pretty low and I depended on the injection. But since summer I haven't received any exogenous B12, so let's see the next lab results.
    We have a lot of sun here( and we spend hours every day) even the uv index is not bad. About the quantum yield I am not so sure yet....

15. Interesting that you mentioned this. It reminded me of my 23andMe data which I put aside. Looking at my data I should be able to absorb B12 fine but I am likely to ave lower levels of B6. I also have reduced MTHFR enzyme activity which I believe could correspond to a higher homocysteine level if I am not supplementing. At least that is what my Livewello report says. Interesting enough I apparently have issues converting plant based Vit A which might play a role in my assimilation of UV in the eye. My fatty acid profile shows a number of areas where I am low and butter(a source of Vit A) is one thing I could up to help out there. Cool how all this ties together. Just now starting to see how the puzzle pieces fit.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dan go read your journal again.........after posting this it is clear you need some windex on your glass eye.

FutureVision likes this.
  17. Thanks! It definitely sounds like stopping my D3 supplementation a couple months back was a bad idea since it looks like I clearly have a bad redox at the skin level hence my D3 drop despite being out in the noon sun pretty often late summer early fall. Also sounds like stopping my Vit K supplementation is not wise at this point regardless if I have my Spectracell labs or not. This also ties into my high homocysteine levels as discussed over in my journal. Since a move is not likely to happen without leaving the family behind it also sounds like I need to seriously consider a Rub sauna setup of full spectrum light plus IR.

18. Yeah. It's all about light. My crappy UV and nnEMF environment is allowing my genetic defects to take center stage. Can't out supplement mother nature. Sound about right?

19. sounds right ..!!!;):):):)