1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Looking for point A

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by FutureVision, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Posting them here. This would be June 2015 and then October 2015. These are only the labs they had completed as of today. Still more coming in and I just drew the Fatty Acid Profile today.

I have never seen Free T3 or T3 uptake in my labs before in my labs when we do a thryroid panel. All there is is Triiodothyronine(T3). Are those other 2 something I need to ask for?

You'll see serum cortisol in the attached bloodwork. I have not done saliva. That is a money issue but I might be able to do it.

Imagine my disappointment when I saw this. I've been in the afternoon sun a bunch since the June labs. The only other difference is I stopped supplementing D3.

Man. Spectracell is that important? I just don't know how to swing it. If they took PayPal then I could probably do it but I don't see any other way at the moment. Still itching to buy my Blutechs and haven't spent any money on lighting for the winter/psoriasis.

Attached Files:

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

-----------
    Two more ways testosterone tested, still low
    FreeTestosterone low <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    hemoglobin=16 ---- that is ok for now, may cause future problems, when testosterone will be higher, easy on consuming iron/heme foods, liver, spinach, possibly beef
    testosterone tends to increase hemoglobin
    prepare your doctor for possible need for therapeutic phlebotomies if you start working on getting your testosterone higher.

Get tested for LH & FSH
    that will check condition of your pituitary and testicles

Estradiol----- ask for Estradiol,sensitive (plain estradiol test is not good)
    DHT------------pending
    SHBG=28.8 ok
    prolactin=8.7 ok
    -------------
    DHEA--------(low)
    DHEAs=178ug/dL -----> very low --->get pills, eat enough to have (520-640)μg/dL

Pregnenolone less that 10 ------------- low
    progesterone=0.5ng/mL low should be 3x that level
    Cortisol 10.4 ug/dL blood drawn 10:56AM

Check cortisol again (twice, 7AM and Noon)
    if possible add 4x saliva test

If cortisol come low
    you will need to supplement with
    pregnenolone Micronized Lipid Matrix 150mg tab (from Nutricology) (pregnenolone-MLM
    150mg/at wakeup
    Actually you may do that now, skip cortisol testing and start pregnenolone-MLM and Natural Thyroid Hormone
    -----------
    TSH=4.17 very high, you are not making enough thyroid hormones
    no hashimoto--- good
    previously (you said):
    I believe the Triiodothyronine 3.1 pg/mL is my Free T3
    and I said:
    Then you are low.
    You want:
    FreeT3= (3.5-4.2) pg/mL)
    --
    I suggest supplementation with
    selenium
    Lugols solution
    1Grain/day=60mg/day Natural Thyroid Hormone from pigs

1/day-->Super Selenium Complex, 200 mcg 100 capsules (lef.org)

1 dropperfull/day=48mg/day----->start slow, build up to full dropper, continue for 5 years
    Lugol's Iodine Family Pack -- 6 (2 fl. oz.) bottles
    http://www.amazon.com/Lugols-Iodine-Family-Pack-bottles/dp/B001RRP3FW

4/day Biotic Research Bio-D-Mulsion Forte, 1drop=2000iu Vit D
    as you get better with lights and expect making your own vit D reduce supplementation

eat sulfur--->onions, garlic, MSM

------------------------------------------------

Retest 2,3,4 months latter, but do complete thyroid test
    you may skip antibodies
    TSH
    T4
    T3
    FT4
    FT3
    RT3
    T3 uptake
    ----------------------------
    But you may want to work on your testosterone

-----------------------------
    Possibly this will help you getting funds for Spectracell.

You are planning to get fancy blue blockers.

I do not use blue blockers.
    Blue blockers are for blocking blue light from TV, cell, computer at night time.

My night is 10hrs long
    My day is 14 hrs long

8-9 night hours I spend in bed (exposed to black light)
    1 night hour I have red light, doing my things, roaming around house, getting ready for the night.

I consider Spectracell Micronutrient test very important.
    homocysteine=11.4 ok
    insulin 7.7 minimally up, ok

3. Thanks. This is great! Quite a bit to sort through.

The labs you mentioned that were missing, LH & FSH, should be coming. I did ask for them. I'll post them when I get those back.

I think I figured out a way to get the Spectracell lab. Hopefully I'll get that ordered soon.

For the Lugol's Iodine this is the same one? It's definitely cheaper
    http://amzn.to/1LWZsAz

I love onions and garlic so I'll make sure I am eating more. I usually eat at least one onion/day but have been slacking. I'll get those back into my meals more regularly. Does garlic powder or onion flakes count? I use those too for quick seasonings.

For the 7am and noon are you talking blood draw?
    I can probably work out the saliva test the same way I am going to do the Spectracell.

I was wondering about that. It's been near the lower end probably for 4-5 years now although I have not had it tested every year. I don't suspect I had an improvement between then and now since nothing has significantly changed in my health or weight. I'm certainly up to working on it.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

[
    quote="FutureVision, post: 180595, member: 9778"]Thanks. This is great! Quite a bit to sort through.

The labs you mentioned that were missing, LH & FSH, should be coming. I did ask for them. I'll post them when I get those back.

I think I figured out a way to get the Spectracell lab. Hopefully I'll get that ordered soon.

For the Lugol's Iodine this is the same one? It's definitely cheaper
    http://amzn.to/1LWZsAz

Yes, same thing and cheaper. Thank yo for letting me know. Will save me few $$ in the future.

I love onions and garlic so I'll make sure I am eating more. I usually eat at least one onion/day but have been slacking. I'll get those back into my meals more regularly. Does garlic powder or onion flakes count? I use those too for quick seasonings.
    I assume it should be ok.

For the 7am and noon are you talking blood draw? Yes.
    I can probably work out the saliva test the same way I am going to do the Spectracell.
    Have you figured something that could save $$$ ??

I was wondering about that. It's been near the lower end probably for 4-5 years now although I have not had it tested every year. I don't suspect I had an improvement between then and now since nothing has significantly changed in my health or weight. I'm certainly up to working on it.[/quote]

If you do not have erection problems then it is less pressing.
    But make sure that if you start tinkering there, that you start with HCG first.
    And always use HCG, even if you would "graduate" to testosterone.

5. A couple things I wanted to point out regarding some of the supplements you recommend. I am taking the following.

200mg Magnesium Bisglycinate twice daily - http://amzn.to/1O7I7um
    30mg Zinc - http://bit.ly/1GJqGxq
    200mg Selenium - http://bit.ly/1RBBgad
    2000mg Vitamin C twice daily - http://amzn.to/20anwcF
    1 capsule Vitamin K complex - http://amzn.to/1ii3omR
    B-Comlex twice daily when I remember my second dose - http://amzn.to/1Miwhaa
    Gaia Thyroid Support twice daily. 2 pills mid morning. 1 pill late afternoon - http://amzn.to/1NARWhl
    5g Glutamine and Creatine powder when I remember.

I am wondering if I should continue to take the Gaia Thyroid Support if i start taking Lugol's iodine?

Is the selenium I'm taking sufficient or do I actually need the Vitamin E?

Any comments on the others?

6. Please folks. Feel free to also participate in this thread. I'm looking for whatever input I can get.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I would say that you should not take anything until you get results from
    Spectracell Micronutrient Test
    and
    Fatty Acids analysis

-----------
    You can keep selenium.
    I listed it as insurance only because I want you to start Lugol's asap.
    I did not wanted to wait for results from Spectracell.

8. Stopping the vitamins and supps will do what for me? Will they throw off my results? Or maybe you are saying that I shouldn't be taking anything I might not need? Then, should I stop and wait to get the Spectracell test done so my system can clear out? Sorry for all the questions. Trying to learn as much as I can.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Spectracell Micronutrient test works of lymphocytes.
    Lymphocytes have relatively long half-life.
    Spectracell recommends doing this test not more often than 2x/year, so the next test is done from new generation of lymphocytes.
    So,
    I suggest that you throw out all supplements except selenium,
    unless you have seriously good reason for taking them.

10. I started taking all of them for a good reason at one time or another. That's the quandry I face. For example, glutamine. I started taking that because my naturopath highly suspected that many of my issues were gut related. I'm not sure that is resolved. I'm not seeing improvements in my inflammation or AI issues so it is either not fixed or not my issue. Magnesium has been recommended over and over again since we have so little in our diet and you need zinc with it. The Vit C goes back a long ways when I was researching megadoses of vitamins for issues like ADD. As an added benefit I rarely get sick. At least not as sick as most people get. So I keep the Vit C around. Vit K was a recent add in. Also gut related. B-Complex was added within the last year as well by my naturopath. I forget the exact reason why. It looks like from my gentic data that I may have issues assimilating some of the B vitamins so it might be good to keep it around. Creatine was for pre workouts and is generally very safe but maybe not necessary. And the Gaia Thyroid support was for my thyroid issue. It contains iodine and, tyrosine and ashwaganda. Hasn't helped my numbers but I've been taking it in label recommended doses. Maybe I need more for a theraputic effect?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...-journal-of-a-madman.16871/page-2#post-178816
    You said:
    That is a good question.
    Yes, we want all that lamp provides, but Jack says that overall we are exposed to excess blue.
    And indeed this blue and green spike on that lamp chart look ugly.
    Wearing blue blockers does not make sense.

I think this is the best we can do today.
    Possibly someone will make better lamps in the future.
    Let me know if you figure out something better (short of moving to Lake Victoria).

[​IMG]

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I see very good reason to dump all this.
    The reason is:
    You will be doing Spectracell Micronutrient test 2x/year for as long as next test gives significantly different results from the previous test.
    Then
    you will change to 1x/year
    As you see from this discussion, the first test will not be the best no matter how you look at it,
    but,
    it should put you on solid road to some kind of stable path.

You possibly be working with numerous supplements, there is no sense in taking something that likely is not hurting you, if only because of bulk and cost.

13. I keep forgetting to ask this question. Based on these labs does it look like I am leptin resistant?

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That is a good question.
    Post it on Ask Jack.

15. Hmm. Can I get away with asking that over there? Lol! I somehow think I should already know the answer.

16. Fatty Acid profile results cam in the mail today. See attached.

Attached Files:

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

ALA --------------- a-Linolenic Acid, C18:mmpft:w3 --------------- -65.00
    EPA --------------- EPA, C20:5w3 --------------- 804.65
    DPA --------------- DPA, C22:5w3 --------------- 85.79
    DHA --------------- DHA, C22:6w3 --------------- 62.73
    LA --------------- Linoleic Acid, C18:2w6 --------------- -40.57
    GLA --------------- g-Linolenic Acid, C18:mmpft:w6 --------------- -49.25
    DGLA --------------- h-g-Linolenic Acid, C20:mmpft:w6 --------------- -47.00
    AA --------------- Arachidonic Acid, C20:4w6 --------------- -38.76
    DTA --------------- DTA, C22:4w6 --------------- -55.71
    DPA --------------- , C22:5w6 --------------- -60.00
    -------------------------------------------------

Ideal value for fatty Acid is when it is in mid range.
    When it is in mid range, value=0% zero
    When it is in top range, value=+50%
    When it is in bottom range, value=-50%

You have EPA=804.65% (that is over 16x (sixteen) times more than proper level. 800/50=16
    and high DHA
    That is because you are eating fish oil or kril oil.
    Stop eating them.
    They are the reason for your suppressed AA.
    For a (unspecified) amount of time, year or more, likely it would be a good idea to stay away from any seafood.
    This can be treated as a transition phase.
    Hopefully @Jack Kruse will chime in with better idea.

You are low on ALA, LA, GLA & DGLA

I suggest to start with 1 tbsp/day
    Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil, 24-Ounce Bottle
    from Nutiva
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAO91K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    and adjust latter.
    Lots of eggs.

============

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  18. My digging through the numbers in my fatty acid labs seems to indicate that I'm doing well in the eating fish area and probably need to look at upping my game with more coconut oil, butter(I think ghee would do) and maybe a little macadamia nut oil. ALA is low too so maybe some chia or flaxseed oil?

19. Sorry JanSz. I was writing a message and didn't see yours post. So I am certainly confused. We need a ton of DHA but I have too much? Step away from seafood for a year? I'll be doing labs quarterly so maybe not that long. I do hope Jack chimes in here on this.

I'm not taking any fish oil supplements. I eat a can of sardines every morning, a couple of ounces of smoked salmon for lunch most days and then a can of smoked oysters or frozen shrimp or salmon with dinner. I probably eat roughly 1lb of grass fed ground beef daily too(.5lbs breakfast and .5lbs dinner).

I have a food sensitivity to eggs per the test I took last December. Is it wise to eat eggs? Maybe my sensitivity has gotten better as I've worked on my gut over the last 10 months.

20. I was supplementing with Green Pasture's fermented cod liver oil earlier in the year but nothing in the last 3 months. Not sure if that matters but I thought I'd throw that in. I think I recall that it can take awhile for fatty acids to adjust.