1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Looking for point A

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by FutureVision, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Thought my temp might be a little out of whack today because my son got sick yesterday and I woke up feeling kind of crappy. Today I'm not much better but it is also overcast. Regardless, sublingual and armpit temps were both 98.2 degrees.

2. b612

b612 New Member

98.2=36.7 C. :thumbsup:

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Care for your self as you would for pet lizard or sponge or corral.

4. Took forever to get in touch with my doc about the labs we talked about here but I get my first draw on Friday. I say first because apparently were talking 20 vials of blood for the labs I asked for. Did have a question about getting blood draw if I have a cold. I'm not sure if I do or not. My wife is pretty sick with one and I woke up with a foggy head and a tiny but of chest congestion if it is even that. I imagine if I am sick that there will be a shift in my CBC panel(if that is one of the ones they are doing Friday). Otherwise is having a cold an issue?

5. About reptile lamps. I've held off getting one because I am still researching. From what I have read the Mega-Ray self ballasted onces seem to have the best record of reliability and longevity. They even have a 275w bulb . I've listed those specs below. I'm now trying to figure out what the appropriate amount of UVB would be for my N=1. The other thing I need to consider is my access to getting really inexpensive UVB and probably UVA and IR medical devices. I'm talking full body panels for a roughly 10% of the cost thanks to my insurance. If I were to use those panels predominantly for my UVB then I don't think I will need a 275w reptile lamp. I'm not sure what diagnosis I would need to qualify for UVA or IR lamps.

Specifications

Mega-Ray® SB 275-watt narrow-flood is a 275-watt Self Ballasted Par-38 True Frosted Flood Lamp. A true flood lamp, it will disperse usable UVB in a 30" circumference at a 24" distance.

MINIMUM distance setting of 24" will produce approximately 150-200 microwatts per square centimeter (uW/cm2) of UVB and 900-1200uW/cm2 of UVA.

MAXIMUM distance setting of 36" will produce approximately 50-75 microwatts per square centimeter (uW/cm2) of UVB. (Distance is measured from lamp face to basking spot or reptile for optimum UVB and heat.)

http://www.reptileuv.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67&products_id=184

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

20 vials of blood
    sounds about right.
    I would say just do it now.

Be ready to repeat those tests periodically.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Thanks for posting link to Mega-Ray® SB 275-watt
    From there:
    50-250 uW/cm2 mimics the natural environment enough to keep your UV-dependent BASKING reptiles healthy, depending on the species, according to the latest research.
    -------
    So you have good reference.
    One lamp at 3 feet distance looks resonable.

8. The goal is quarterly.

9. Got my first set of labs drawn this morning. They did have questions about what some of the others are or the CPT codes.

- Fatty acid profile (Comprehensive C8-C26) serum
    - IGFBP3 (the CPT 83520 code gives the phlebotamist a number of different draws to choose from. She thought it was maybe the MMP-9 I was looking for? )
    - Omeg 6:3 ratio
    Any help on these would be great so I can let them know for Monday morning.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

- Fatty acid profile (Comprehensive C8-C26) serum
    http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Overview/82042

For this test blood can also be drawn at LabCorp, then they would ship it to Mayo for analysis
    ======================================================

- IGFBP3
    Growth Assessment Test Group X (Growth Hormone, IGF-I, IGF-II, IGFBP-3)
    Test Code 500901 ... CPT Code 83003, 84305, 83519, 83519

========

11. And the Omega 6:3 ratio is part of the fatty acid profile right?

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Omega6;3 ratio is bogus (non-descriptive value) when without additional explanation.
    Basically we want to eat food that have omega 6: omega 3 ratio of about 4:1 (per Yehuda)
    what we get as result in the body is different story.
    Specifically it is about eating (LA/ALA)=(4:1) O6/O3
    Every part of body tissue needs different ratio to be happy.
    -----
    When you learn that EPA and other o3 fatty acids (highly) suppress AA and other o6 ,
    and see the amount of EPA in fish food, it is easy to ask followup questions.
    -----
    When you get results from fatty acids analysis,
    the ideal values are in mid range per each type of analyzed fatty acid.
    On bottom of post #20 I created table that attempt to recreate the post-processing of those results following dr Patricia Kane example.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What many in the ancestral health community do not know is that EPA in the marine food chain limits the amount of AA that we can place in our tissues. It is like an internal control switch if our circadian signaling is working well. Since most modern humans have an altered circadian signaling today this switch is no longer operational.
    The brain makes up 3% of our body weight (BW) but has a 100 to 1 ratio of 06 to 03 within it normally.

https://www.jackkruse.com/is-fish-oil-good-or-bad/

14. Thanks for the info. Now I just got to get my salivary cortisol test. That may have to wait since that is likely still an out of pocket expense unless someone knows of a way tog et it covered by insurance.

15. Oh. And the Spectracell. Almost forgot that one.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Forget salivary cortisol, for little while.
    Just do Spectracell and followup after it.
    Fatty acids + followup.
    Do life style and diet changes as recommended by our guru, dr Jack Kruse.

Say if you would find your cortisol out of line, you would use the same remedy.

Spectracell 2x/year
    Fatty Acids 3-4x/year

May make sense to do salivary cortisol 3-4 months into followup after Spectracell & Fatty acids.

If you are bed ridden and have to walk on all fours, then you may need cortisol test or just try HC or Medrol and see if that is making big difference.
    //

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  17. Update on the labs. Got my IDFBP3 draw today bt the phlebotomist had no idea how to draw the Fatty acid profile (Comprehensive C8-C26) serum. She thought it was a kit from Mayo clinic and maybe it is. I couldn't find the test code for it. Only the CPT code but that didn't help her.

The Spectracell is going to have to wait. I think working on my environment is #1 priority with any spare cash I have(and none of it is really spare if you know what I mean)

18. I emailed both Mayo and Labcorp. I head back from both on the Fatty acid profile (Comprehensive C8-C26) serum. Here is what Labcorp said for those that need the code.

"We do offer that send out test, our test code for the comprehensive fatty acid profile is 873075, please have your doctor write the code on the script when ordering ."

19. Got some of my labs back. Here is a list of the labs that I had done back in June2015 comparing the results from them and the new numbers in green(increase), red(decreased) or black(stayed the same). My next post I'll add some of the new labs I just had done.

Lifestyle changes since June labs.

Stopped IF and switched to Leptin RX diet in mid August
    Stopped coffee all together over 3 weeks ago
    Have not exercised since starting the Leptin RX mid August
    Been out in the sun a lot more and wearing blueblockers at night and f.lux on screens all day
    Tried to limit screen time as much as possible
    Very little CT

VAP
    • LDL Cholesterol (143)159 mg/dL
    • HDL Cholesterol (54)61 mg/dL
    • VLDL Cholesterol (15)16 mg/dL
    • Cholesterol, Total (211)235 mg/dL
    • Triglycerides (57)60 mg/dL
    • Non HDL Choi. (LDL+VLDL)' (158)174 mg/dL
    • apoB100-calc (102)110 mg/dL
    • LDL-R(Real)-C i (121)133 mg/dL
    • Lp(a) Cholesterol (10.0)12.0 mg/dL
    • IDL Cholesterol (12)13 mg/dL
    • Remnant Lipo. (IDL+VLDL3) (21)22 mg/dL
    • Probable Metabolic Syndrome No
    • HDL-2 (Most Protective) (11)16 mg/dL
    • HDL-3 (Less Protective) (42)44 mg/dL
    • VLDL-3 (Small Remnant) (9)9 mg/dL
    • LDL1 Pattern A (20.2) 22.8mg/dL
    • LDL2 Pattern A (39.1)55.1 mg/dL
    • LDL3 Pattern B (52.3)49.6 mg/dL
    • LDL4 Pattern B (9.3)6.0 mg/dL
    • LDL Density Pattern (A)A

TSH+T4F+Thyabs+TPO+T3F+T3Reverse
    • TSH2 (4.010)4.170 ulU/mL
    • Triiodothyronine (3.1)3.1 pg/mL
    • T4,Free(Direct) (1.31)1.56 ng/dL
    • Reverse T3, Serum (11.6)12.7 ng/dL
    • Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab (12)10 IU/mL
    • Thyroglobulln, Antibody (<1.0)<1.0 IU/mL
    CBC With Differential/Platelet
    • WBC2 (5.3)4.5 x10E3/uL
    • RBC2 (4.73)5.12 x10E6/uL
    • Hemoglobin (14.8)16 g/dL
    • Hematocrit (43.9%)47.9%
    • MCV (93)94 fL
    • MCH (31.3)31.3 pg
    • MCHC (33.7)33.4 g/dL
    • RDW (14.0%)14.0%
    • Platelets (194)206 x10E3/uL
    • Neutrophils (58%)54%
    • Lymphs (26%)31%
    • Monocytes (9%)8%
    • Eos (6%)6
    • Basos (1%)1%
    • Neutrophils (Absolute) (3.1)2.5 X10E3/UL
    • Lymphs (Absolute) (1.4)1.4 X10E3/UL
    • Monocytes(Absolute) (0.5)0.4 x10E3/uL
    • Eos (Absolute) (0.3)0.3 X10E3/UL
    • Baso (Absolute) (0.0)0.0 X10E3/UL
    • Immature Granulocytes (0%)0%
    • Immature Grans (Abs) (0.0)0.0 X10E3/UL
    Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
    • Glucose, Serum (84)90 mg/dL
    • Creatinine, Serum (0.98)1.15 mg/dL
    • eGFR If NonAfrlcn Am (TNP)78 mL/min/1.73
    • BUN/Creatinine Ratio (15)13
    • Sodium, Serum (142)140 mmol/L 1
    • Potassium, Serum (4.7)4.5 mmol/L
    • Chloride, Serum (103)99 mmol/L
    • Carbon Dioxide, Total (24)27 mmol/L
    • Calcium, Serum (9.3)9.7 mg/dL
    • Protein, Total, serum (6.5)6.8 g/dl
    • Albumin, Serum (4.6)4.6 g/dL
    • Globulin, Total (1.9)2.2 g/dL
    • A/G Ratio (2.4)2.1
    • Bilirubin, Total (0.2)0.5 mg/dL
    • Alkaline Phosphatase, S (78)74 lU/L
    • AST (SGOT) (28)26 lU/L
    • ALT (SGPT) (22)20 lU/L
    Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
    • Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy (49.6)39.1 ng/mL
    C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac
    • C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac (0.19)<0.10 mg/L
    Sedimentation Rate-Westergren
    • Sedimentation Rate-Westergren (3)2 mm/hr

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Please edit your post with lab results, add laboratory ranges.
    It is better to scan all complete pages and post it.
    Faster and no information is missed.

You are missing
    FreeT3 (most important of the whole thyroid panel)
    T3uptake
    Cortisol AM/PM
    it is better to have the whole set from same (AM) blood sample.

Vit d very low

Doing lipid profile is relatively useless, specially when getting limited amount of labs,
    You have not real idea what to do with results, but have warm feeling that you have been taken care of.
    When you get Spectracell micronutrient test it gives you actionable information (that benefits lipid profile among other items).