1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Look at the picture......everyone is outside and thin.....??? Why?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

unknowingly and subconsciously and instinctively we used to do things so much smarter.... no diet industry back then i guess

3. nicld

nicld Gold

Maybe that's why I am so resistant to putting our window AC in for as long as we can hold out
    That first day that laundry can go on the line in spring and actually dry and the windows be opened is the best
    I remember growing up in a house with no AC. When it got really hot, slept outside in a tent or in the basement
    might have to look into the basement thing for next summer

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have just figured something out ...about time y'all might say....

I always remark about all the gorgeous bodies on the beach here - most of the kids are simply stunning ....and now I know why.....they spend every available second at the beach or for sure outside playing sports etc. ....all year really.

Then they get a job, get married, have a family etc. and become very obese and don't get outside anywhere near as much ...so no photoelectric effect and no grounding.

I am giving myself a "BINGO" for that one......

5. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Emotion thru motion, i have said so many times here... When we start to let nature be inside us magic happends. Today we have so many clues to make our own life working in a world we see as hostile. Many of us who are here today in this forum has gone thru stages of beliefs, rules and manmade norms. Many have come and gone because they would not nature be the master. Today i see a tribe forming, just like the ones i often seek in the real life. Surfers, climbers, skiers all connect to the place they put themself, we do the same here with our minds to finally get our computer to sync with out biosuite...

The picture says so many things and this is possible today also, just google surfer lifestyle, climbers lifestyle, big mountain skiers and your connect the dots once again. Many of these persons also treat nature with respect and dedicate their life to save the seas for an example. We do it because we see everyday our playground get destroyed and it HURTS inside us.

Just some words and a video to think about...

http://www.hisurfnews.com/2012/07/local-surfers-story-told-in-powerful-forge-motion-picture-series/

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

love it .......everyone has an amazing story in one way or another..... we need to listen to each other.....

7. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

"A world we see as hostile" -- that's it in a nutshell. We work all our lives to make money to cushion ourselves from hostile nature. We insulate ourselves from it at all times, at all costs. When camping in the wild, we pack lots of equipment/food to keep safe. When going on an outing with young kids, we need a large vehicle to carry all the supplies. We worry about eventual retirement and not having enough buffer. We fight against nature our entire lives.

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Thinking about my childhood (my first decade was in the 60s). Life certainly has changed.

We played OUTSIDE spring, summer, winter, and fall. Built "forts" in the fields and woods, rode bikes constantly when weather permitted, had to be called inside for dinner and bedtime, loved winter outside - as long as my snowmobile suit and boot liners weren't soaking wet, and ate fruit off the trees in summer (mmmmm mulberries!) & tomatoes and cukes right off the vine.

No air-conditioning...just a big ceiling fan in the hallway the pulled the cooler air in through the house at night (but it was very noisy!). In the evenings we spent time outside playing (where it was cooler) and on the bench swing under the black walnut tree.

My Mom would hang clothes on the line outside to dry for six months out of the year (saved $ on electric bill too). Dad was an avid hunter and fisherman, spending weekends outside if he wasn't working OT. My brother trapped muskrats all winter, walking a good many miles each day.

I feel old...

At least I didn't throw in the "I used to walk five miles in the snow to get to school each day" :). That was one of my great-grandmother's stories. She used to carry a baked potato in her mittens to keep hands warm and then eat it for lunch!

10. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Always remember, no safe carbs in the winter...

11. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Except for seaweed.

12. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

LOL...but at least they cooked with lard and had home-churned fresh butter

13. sjoshua

sjoshua New Member

Before 1900, there wasn't a need to worry about "safe carbs" in the winter. Back then, it was just called "lunch" ;)

14. cantweight

cantweight Gold

My great grandmother lived to be 95. She stayed in her home, cared for herself, drove until age 91, she was a kickass lady. Graduated college in 1925!

Her diet consisted of dark chocolate covered macadamia nuts, fried chicken and cheap wine. Her cholesterol was through the roof! I always remember people taking about it being 680.

She never had AC. Sharp as a tack and spry till the day she died.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

I love this Dawn.^ you have such lovely, happy memories of a much simpler but wonderful time. where nature was our straight edge........I have heard that somewhere before.........

16. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

The great part is that you can reset yourself at any time and start doing these things again. It is up to everyone to choose path to walk on now... I can see clearly, two distinct ways in my society today where the big crowd goes into iPad / IT based living and a few take the opposit way. Most of us live in a world without to much danger today, not that many of us is direct hit by a war for example. What i mean is that we can aim for a living in more sync with nature and still do some modern things...

I am writing this right now on a computer and in the next couple of hours i connect with nature once again. Going from my home into the nature, the coastline, sitting on a rock, writing, doing some climbing and diving. Going back to basecamp and go to a local café, have a cup of java and then get back into the woods, some running, some natural grounding... See the sun set and slowly shut my system down. It must not be office eight hours for five days in a row.

One can always change the viewpoint.