1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Longevity of cold-exposed rats, and cancer

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Andrés, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Andrés

Andrés New Member

I know AKMan has already pointed out some study about air-CT effects on longevity of mice (none). I haven't been able to find mention around here of this other study using water-CT on rats giving rise to an non-statistical significant (I think) increase of almost 5% in mean longevity: Longevity of cold-exposed rats: a reevaluation of the "rate-of-living theory" by J. O. Holloszy and E. K. Smith. Moreover, also from the abstract:

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Ok! I have read the wired article. Too much focused on weight loss it seems, as everywhere else.

4. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Agreed Andres.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

there is a reason they did not.........ATP from fat is not as good as the photoelectric effect which they can not use based upon where they live, but you missed that part of EMF 7 clearly.

6. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Actually I'm focused on the "Live long and drop dead" side :rolleyes:, so I don't need anything more than the meager 5% average to keep me going.

I keep driving with full-blast-towards-me AC on whenever alone in the car (something a little short of an hour a day) wearing a T-shirt (everywhere I go), even at -1°C. I have developed a chilblain these freezing last days on my finger nearest to the vent, though. I will use gloves beginning this evening on the colder days.

I keep wearing my homemade ICE-vest two or three times a week for an hour and a half.

I used to put on the electrical radiator in the morning for something like a quarter hour before taking my cold shower. Nowadays I open the window and get myself naked first thing entering the bathroom.

I keep my office heating off and window open all day long.

I have passed two colds this fall/winter. The first one I have already commented on. On the second one I actually lowered my vitamin C intake to 2g/day on purpose while increasing the ICE-vest sessions to daily for three days. It certainly kept the cold on check, but finally I got rid of it by mixing again CT and vitamin C saturation.

Best,

Andrés

7. Melinda

Melinda New Member

I was wondering if using the A/C blasting while driving would help with the car EMF exposure or would convertible top down for more photons be better?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

depends upon car..........

9. Inger

Inger Silver

I was thinking about Inuits having osteoporosis.. and then I thought about why. Maybe it is they living upon thick ice all the time and not getting earthed? Because ice is a bad conductor according to my brother that is an electrician.
    So if they lived on thick ice with much clothes on all the time it might have been why... not that their diet was bad... I am just guessing here.

10. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Hi Anna :)

I still CT seasonally. My cold season is a self-induced jan-April. I just do random exposures. Lots of 10 minute cold showers. Lesser 30 minute cold baths. These are both between 48-52f. I do the ice vest a couple times a week if freezer space is available (broth takes a lot of space :) )

Outside of those four months I still do it for fun to see how my tolerance changes. Well it's only been about 16 months since the first time so.... I can't make any great claims except subjective ones. Subjectively I recover from workouts and sports faster. And also I get a lot leaner, though this year I purposely ate more to prevent weight loss.

11. mila

mila New Member

I guess I'm going to have to be the asshole here. While I agree that CT is likely a good idea, we are not rats and what happens in rats may not happen in humans. It is simply an indicator of something interesting that should be further investigated--not FACT with respect to humans. in vivo human testing is more meaningful and more accurate than rat studies. When communities constantly point to rat studies as the basis for their scientific "facts" with respect to humans, the community loses credibility. Is no one else concerned about how the paleo community is presented to the rest of the world? I am. I would like us to be taken seriously and we never will if we keep pushing these kinds of studies.

12. endless

endless New Member

Well, when I tested my car with the Trimeter, blasting anything caused a huge jump in EMF. The fan was the culprit. I try to avoid using it, and will roll my windows down instead whenever possible.

Inger, I don't think they had osteoporosis until after the introduction of processed foods....but I could be mistaken.

13. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Of course this is not my site, but I personally welcome any thoughtful opinion in my Spanish blog.

Of course, but it seems that all that CT is about is activating the Eutherian program still active on everyone of us Eutherians.

Of course. But I don't have the patience to wait for them. I don't have the patience to wait for intravenous or liposomal-encapsulated vitamin C random controlled trials to begin. I don't have the patience to wait for the optimal level of 25-OH-vitamin-D to be elucidated. I don't have the patience to wait for the poison status of milligram doses of iodine to be revoked.

Well, I am not a community. I consider that experiments about diets on rats are near useless (Petro Dobromylskyj notwithstanding). I consider that experiments about Eutherian cold exposure adaptation on rats are very informative.

Ok! So let it be clear from now on: I am not paleo. I still drink orange juice and white coffee at breakfast. I gorged on hard cheeses.

I couldn't care less about the paleo movement, if there is such a thing. There are some of its proponents that I respect and some of them that I don't.

I take those contributions that make sense to me (epi-paleo, CT, Schumann resonance / grounding?: I will go swim at the ocean more often just in case) and I am skeptical of the rest (EMF, structured water outside the cell, gaining/loosing electrons and standard Quantum Mechanics in general). Everyone should do the same.

14. Inger

Inger Silver

Andres, I loved this post. :love:
    I do am sure that EMFs are not good for us and structured water are, but I LOVE your attitude!

15. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Thanks! Sometimes I think that it is too easy to lose focus on the important thing, that's each one of the people not any movement.

16. Inger

Inger Silver

So true. Then it goes all confusing.

You are so refreshing Andre´s that is for sure :)

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Then you better talk to Stephen Guyenet who is in love with rat studies.