1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Long Island Polar Dip Today

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Claudia, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I didn't make the scheduled event for today so I went to another local beach determined to get in that water. Water was 42 degrees F. I lasted 50 seconds, lol. I haven't done CT in awhile. I was barefoot, took my socks off, now I"m wondering if maybe I should have left them on. My main problem was my feet. My body actually felt ok and I probably would have lasted longer if it weren't for my feet.

Nonetheless, I am happy to have done it :).

2. Hope

Hope Gold

Very nice!! WHat beach do you go to? I have been to Rockaway (many years ago) and Jones Beach....and Robert Moses State Park. All very pretty...

I want to go in the Cheasapeake Bay one day soon.....

3. Claudia

Claudia New Member

I just went to the local North Shore beach near my house, so it's the Long Island sound. It's called Crescent. In the summer we go to Robert Moses, but have been to Jones many times, too. Many of these beaches were hit hard during Hurricane Sandy and I'm not even sure if we'll be able to go this summer :(.

4. diane

diane Gold

Way to go Claudia! I think some people use neoprene socks to go in. My feet hurt the first time I did colder temperatures, but they get better each time.

5. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sounds great Claudia....wool socks are what I wear everyday to get in the pond, my feet don't last nearly as long as the rest of me.

6. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

That's great Claudia! You should be proud :) I so wish I lived closer to the ocean.

7. Claudia

Claudia New Member

Thanks everyone :)! I know how lucky I am to be so close to the water so that motivates me, too. I'm going to look into the neoprene socks. I think I was thinking barefoot because of grounding but maybe I can't so that right now :). When I did CT in the tub last year, I kept socks on and my feet out of the water. That coldest water temp in the tub was 52, but often it was 55 or even close to 60. This is the coldest I've ever gone at 42 degrees.

8. Hope

Hope Gold

Wow, that is so sad.....I haven't been there either, since 2007. Wow, so many years.

That is so so cool you did that at 42 degrees....what a model you are......and I haven't heard of neoprene socks, but what a great idea!

Now that you've done it once, you can do it again!!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

You guys are Rock Stars!!!!