1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lithium Orotate

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by SpiritGuide, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Hi All,

My wife and I have been researching bio-hacking on YouTube a lot lately and came across some online lectures presented by Dr. Tent from Diverse Health Services.

Unlike Dr. Kruse these guys actually do sell their supplements and products so some people may not like that, but I put them into the same category as a Dr. Mercola in that regard... We absorb the information and then buy the supplements from whoever it makes the most sense to do so.

Anyways one of the recommendations I found recently in a lecture on Minerals was for a supplement called Lithium Orotate, a much more easily absorbable form of Lithium than the standard pharmaceutical drug prescribed for bi-polar disorder.

We decided to give it a shot to see how it went, and for $8.95 a bottle on Amazon.com I have to say it's been one of the best (and most inexpensive) mental bio-hacks I've found yet so I thought I'd share it here: http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Research-Products-Lithium-Orotate/dp/B005GWVRKE

Alongside Bulletproof Coffee it's the best brain booster I've found, and I have a lot of compensating to do since my brain tumor surgery to get my mental clarity back... I hope this helps some of you, I've been taking it for about a week and have been in a near-constant state of flow every since, and with my brain that's saying a lot.

nicld likes this.
  2. One thing I wanted to add was that Lithium is an essential mineral and the lack of it causes a lot of brain fog for everyone, not just those with acute mental illness. I was shocked at how much clearer my own thoughts were after taking it... I suppose I may have been more deficient than I even thought.

I also recently added a Trace Minerals supplement since watching the lecture I mentioned by Dr. Tent since we're all basically mineral deficient due to the modern farming techniques stripping our top soil of it's nutrients... most of what we consider to be diseases are actually mineral deficiencies, and I already supplemented with Magnesium and also a mined salt, but I wanted to be sure to get all of the minerals that we're missing as well. Although the mental clarity is almost assuredly coming from the Lithium from what I'm hearing and reading.

Also that link I provided for Amazon is for a bottle with 100 pills, and I've only been taking 1 per day so it's a 3-month supply for under $9.

Again I can only hope that by posting this I'm helping one of you to also get this missing ingredient to "un-fog" your brain as I've been able to do this past week.

3. Hi Quick update to this... I've been taking these for about a week and a half now and with some very good results... I'm not sure if this means I was undiagnosed bi-polar or not, but my wife reported "good" results as opposed to my "amazing" results.

I also wanted to point out that my wife informed me of where she first saw Lithium Orotate, we watch so many podcasts it's hard for me to keep up... The first person who recommended Lithium Orotate was actually John Grey during an interview podcast with Dave Asprey on Bulletproof Radio recently, although Dr. Tent did mention Lithium in his lecture on minerals.

Another fantastic gem to come from that John Grey interview was Calcium AEP for improved nerve and cell function. If you haven't seen this episode I'd recommend it also, Dave Asprey said that hardly anyone knows about Calcium AEP and it's actually on his advanced list of bulletproof supplements.

Dr. Tent is still one of my favorites, very entertaining and I'll absolutely never vaccinate myself or my family again after watching his episode on the "exploding autoimmune epidemic".

4. By the way the price on this supplement has gone up twice in the past week on Amazon, it's now at $25.00 a bottle. Try this link instead for a better price at just $8.99 per bottle: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/advanced-research-nutrient-carriers-lithium-orotate-100-tabs

I typically only see this happen when a supplement is mentioned on Dr. Oz... thanks for ruining the cheap Turmeric I used to buy Dr. Oz, geesh! :)

I do know that John Gray has been promoting his new book "Staying Focused in a Hyper-Focused World" (which I purchased) so maybe the word is really starting to get out on this now.

5. Penny

Penny New Member

I don't think Dr. K goes for lithium orotate, however, one day - God only knows why - I tried a lithium orotate plus 1/2 tsp of Concentrace mineral formula (disgusting) and I had focus the entire day - weirdly, I couldn't duplicate it again...

In Jerry Tennant's book, lithium actually has the highest negative charge: -3.04 volts/-3040 millivolts so I would have thought in the land of quanta, that would be a good thing - however, cesium also has -3.02 volts so maybe not such a hot idea -

it probably is indicative of something though I would not know what exactly...

6. Thanks for the reply Penny and for giving me further information I didn't know about.

I did some research online and found that Cesium Chloride and Lithium Orotate were also both studied by Dr. Hans Nieper... so there's another connection.

Cesium Chloride was recommended by him for cancer treatment whereas Lithium Orotate was recommended for Alzheimer's... perhaps the charge has something to do with transporting the minerals through the cell membrane? From what I can tell the mineral transporters with regards to cell membranes was a key focus of Dr. Nieper's work.

As I mentioned in an update to this thread John Gray was the one who had mentioned Lithium Orotate in an interview with Dave Asprey, and I also began taking the Calcium AEP supplement recommended by him as well (apparently both were also recommendations of Dr. Hans Nieper which may be where John Gray found out about them)

I found a link on Dr. Ed Group's website that has some good details on the different mineral transporters that Dr. Nieper recommended for anyone who's interested in more of a backrground on that: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/calcium-orotate/orotates-mineral-transporters

I'd be interested to find out what Dr. Kruse had against it... it looks like he didn't elaborate in your thread just said it was "Not ask appropriate"

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

This is relevant as to why not.

forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/lithium-could-help-reset-circadian-mismatch.12043/

8. Hi Lahelada, thanks for posting that link... great find! Your google skills are far superior to mine :)

Now I'm left wondering what's recommended to take the place of Lithium for people like myself who are getting such a great mental benefit from it...

I see in that post he mentioned it's chemically and bio-chemically similar to Magnesium which I already supplement with daily. Magnesium is great, it helps relax me and helps me achieve more of an alpha brainwave state which I like, but it hasn't improved my mental clarity at all.

I really don't want to go back to the brain fog I had prior to the past week or two... does anyone have an answer to what can help in place of Lithium Orotate?

I also don't want to take any pharmaceutical drugs, so if there's a naturally occurring substance that will have the same desired effect I'd love to hear about it.... thanks for all the feedback guys, this forum is fantastic!

9. I came across this on Dr. Ed Group's website: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/is-lithium-orotate-good-or-bad-for-you/

It seems to have some information that's contradictory to some of the things posted here this week.

Here's a direct quote:

“Lithium is an essential micronutrient… It is present in all organs and tissues in the body. It has similar chemical properties to that of calcium and magnesium.” -Mark Hyman, M.D., best-selling author of “The UltraMind Solution"

Dr. Mark Myman is a very respectable source too... I'm hoping Dr. Kruse or another admin will chime in on this, I've been taking this supplement for about 2 weeks now with fantastic results, and while I respect all of you and thank you all for joining the conversation, I'm hesitant to stop taking it because I'm finally feeling really good for the first time in years.

Again perhaps that's because I was an undiagnosed Bi-Polar case, I may never know... queue the crazy person jokes :p

10. Forest

Forest Gold

Bump for 2018
    John gray seemed to like this a lot

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018