1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lipids and Cortisol

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Ricardo, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo New Member

In Quebec, a couple of the large food chains now carry organic foods: their organic sections are expanding. We have easy access to some of the best sardines in the world from New Brunswick. Our horse meat has had some good reviews.

The weather is unpredictable and we had a couple of really bad snow storms at the beginning of the winter. Not as bad as in PEI though: there they sometimes don't even try to shovel out.. they just use the upstairs window to come and go.

Yes I C/T.. and it works ! I get good results and feedback almost immediately. I plan to experiment more with it this year. A little seems to go a long way. Good thing too ! Because I have no intention of turning into a polar bear.

Did I find another Lucy ? Are you kidding me ? I'm too busy practicing my Mambo to get into any trouble Lucy.

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Great pic ..... I love it!

so - are you saying that you don't C/T outside in the snow with budgie smugglers on - and making snow angels??????
    colour me tres dissappointed ......:p

Should I be practicing my Mambo???????

Ricky - do you have an ice vest?

Dr. K. suggests we turn into a polar bear and eat like a great white shark .... what say you?

My DH used to tell similar snow stories on Cape Breton island ....:)

Dr. K. has been talking alot lately about sitting in warm/hot water and wearing an ice vest. Were you able to listen to the January webinar?

3. Ricardo

Ricardo New Member

"Tres Dissappointed".. good French but you have a heavy Aussie accent.

Should you be practicing Mambo ? Well since you can't smoke cuban cigars then you better learn to Mambo Lucy.

ice vest? .....Did you mean.. do I have a nice vest ? Must be that Aussie accent again. I don't have an ice vest. Should I get one ?

Turn into a polar bear and eat like a great white shark ? You know, sometimes I do really well with resistance to cold. When my ketone levels are high I can take out the garbage in my t-shirt even if its minus 30. I believe that ketones build resistance to a lot of things.. to disease , for instance.

There was another death due to exposure to a "super bug " here in Canada a couple of weeks ago: I keep my ketone levels high as a precautionary measure, (since I frequent hospitals. ) Also, if someone needs surgery it might be a good idea to ask about the presence of strains of bugs known to be difficult to control with antibiotics. Sometimes you can choose among hospitals where you or someone you love will undergo surgery.

Sitting in warm water wearing an ice vest sounds a bit radical until I think of how some Europeans take saunas and then go walking outdoors in the snow. If there is science behind it, then why not ?

Cape Breton Island !....home of the Capers ! What a beautiful place it is ! I went all around the island following the shore....very scenic ! And the people are so friendly !

Since you mentioned it, I started looking into didgeridoos. Interesting ! The sounds can be very therapeutic. I downloaded an instrumental with didgeridoo and tibetan bells...very nice.. relaxing and grounding. Have you ever tried to play one ? Apparently there is a special "circular breathing" technique.

Be well,

R.R.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

You always make me laugh! ......and I can't believe that you aren't used to writing English.
    You are exactly right about the didgeridoo .... you are way too smart for your own britches! ... no - I have not.
    But when you make your first recording .....can you imagine Ricky Ricardo playing the didgeridoo? .... I will line up to buy the first copy - second career perhaps???

I met some Canadian friends who were in Sydney last week ...and so I said hi to the didgeridoo guy again for you - you are best buds now.

Could you post and link that in the music thread? ..... the one where everyone is trying to help me get a life!
    someone posted "Walltzing Matilda" for me but it got lost in the melt down.

Cape Breton is spectacular - Did you go to Rita McNeill's tea room? We drove around the island too - about a year before we came here and it is probably the best holiday we ever had. I have wonderful memories. We stayed in my DH"s home town of Sydney Mines - in a B&B that was spectacular and with great food.

Have you seen the movie ... Margaret's museum?

Better get back to serious stuff - lest people think we are fooling around .....

Please read about the hot/cold thing .... might be a great thing for you. I think it is called the Fournier affect. Jack did spell it but I didn't quite get it. Yes, I think you should get an ice vest .... and I have a great idea! I will pm you.

Have you used resistant starch? Did you see the webinar?

I am always well Ricky ... I hope you are too :)

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

you have a nice chest - or did you say vest? I love a french accent! I will need pictures.......

How do you know that I don't smoke cuban cigars?

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Ricky Ricardo seems to be missing in action?????

I am worried he has found a new and improved Lucy ..........

Quel sad....

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Have a question or two for Ricardo. How many calories/grams of fat do you eat?

Whats the most pure fat calories you can comfortably eat in one meal?

Are you worried about not getting enough nutrients?

8. kovita

kovita Gold

guys, i do not know about you but in my case ketosis elevated my fasting glucose to 95+. I did some home tests with carb loading over a few days and i seem to respond well, giving I do not have 50g of sugar without few days of slow upping. in all the cases i had to leave my GP, she laughed at me and my article about physiological insulin resistance on ketogenic diet when I refused glucose load test and received prediabetic label. She as well said, that macronutrient ratios play NO role in your fasting glucise levels and your ability to do glucose load test. Will this be a steady feature of longterm high fat low carb? I have done it only Since November, but 2 years gives youa. different perspective. By the way, I tend to have lower glucose after BAB breakfast than before.

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Kovita...had a similar experience this fall with my cardiologist...he is even an anti-aging guy.....promotes ketotic eating etc. etc. But when it came to the glucose tolerance test he was adamant that my CT, ketosis etc. would have no bearing on the outcome. I just refused to take it (did confirm with an ask Jack question too) on the grounds that I wasn't going to blast my body full of sugar after working so hard to get it out of my system (serious brain/addiction issues). I even brought articles to show him...oh well. We still work together in a kind of gingerly fashion.

10. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sean....have you read Dr. Kruse's material on the water/fat diet? Electrons not nutrients are what is operating here. You have to be in the right environment and have a good redox potential to take advantage of this. I know you are having a terrible time with your bloating, but asking what other people do can steer you in the wrong direction as much as it might actually help. Do you know what I mean?? I wish I could give you the answer, but I can't...sounds like working on your environment with the magnetico etc. is a good way to go for now.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Ricky is really busy ..... says he will be back soon!

12. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

@SeaHorse Yea I've read that post on 90% water diet, thats what got me thinking. I'm just trying to find out if other people can handle more fat and I just need to adapt or if I'm actually having too much and that's why I can't really handle it.
    I think it's more of an adaption thing.
    Yea my main plan is to save up for a stronger magnetico, and get more sun/artificial light electrons. The more electrons I can get in my body without going through my stomach the better.