1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Light vs. Temperature

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by TheKid, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TheKid

TheKid Gold

We talk a lot here about the importance of light mismatches. But I am wondering about temperature mismatches as well.

We all know the role of cold. But could it be that in order to really benefit from it in a true mismatch-avoiding way, one should move to where it is cold rather than recreate cold?

The reason I ask is that right about now, there are places in and around the 37th parallel that are balmy and producing tons of citrus. In fact, in California, winter is the season for citrus. And if you were a premodern human who stumbled upon a citrus tree, you'd eat your fill.

And we know that the earth has been much warmer in past ages, so much so that vineyards thrived in England at one time. And had you lived back then, I'm assuming it would not have been a mismatch to eat grapes although it is now. And it's also seems the only reason it is a mismatch to eat grapes in England now is that we have a changed climate not changed seasonal light periods.

I live near Turkey and right now Turkey is spitting out mandarins and all sorts of citrus. Spain has seaaonal pomegranates. I'm seeing seasonal kiwis as well. Lots of vitamin C for the taking.

So I am wondering if we need to be more mindful about what temperature is signaling to us while still minding light cycles. And if you live in a warmer, northern, non-tropical place where climate would allow you to eat fruit during shorter light periods, should you?

2. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

I live in Sweden... From my point of view, nothing would grow even if the winters would be warm... The sun do not provide enough power to make that kind of life explode during the period from october to june. We have a short span here with plants that gives us fruits, three months i think and after that they get rotten.

So i would say no, and because how the world look like today, NO!

Just my way of thinking.

3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Great question Jason... Love it. I think the answer is going to depend on your particular health issues. If you're healthy no AI issues etc, and you had access to seasonal fruits that grow in your region - why not?
    but I think for me the answer is no, at least given my current situation. That doesn't mean once I've fixed myself the answer won't become yes.

I associate ruby red grapefruits with Jan/Feb. and when I was sick this weekend I asked DH to get pick one up for me, b/c it was about the only thing other than gelatin, and sweet potatoes that I could eat. so I ate it. I really want another now. I've been very good at eating only fruit in season... I will say that when "pomegranates" were in season at the store I ate the greadliy - b/c to me they are a winter fruit - we'd get them all the time when I lived in CA. probably not ideal....

4. TheKid

TheKid Gold

I think it's important to think in both directions. We tend to give a lot of consideration to the consequences of eating XYZ out of season.

But maybe we should be also as careful about the consequences of NOT eating PDQ when IN season.

And we should remember that the ability for flora to thrive is more a function of temperature than light. Just look at all the micro climates created by the Gulf Stream from France to even north of England

5. nicld

nicld Gold

Nothing would grow here in the winter either. I have been reading a book on the history of man and I am wondering if when man was hunter gatherers how far they would migrate to warmer climate where food would be more available. Since we no longer migrate for food, I am still trying to figure out this whole seasonal eating and how far my range is. Pineapple, kiwis and bananas would NEVER grow where I live so I am thinking that they should never be part of my diet in the winter and maybe not even in the summer.

6. Inger

Inger Silver

I live close to Peter and I think... he nails it. The world we live in today - impossible to escape the man made EMF, carbs are not our first choice. At least not if we are not healthy. I am skeptical to cultivated carbs anyways. Yes, we have apples in the garden. Do I eat them in season? No.. because they do me not good. Berries I can eat as much as I want, in season. I have had wild frozen local berries in winter too and I did not felt any bad effects.. but they are very concentrated and very little carbs. Almost all fruits we can buy are heavily cultivated for sweetness and to be bigger... and are having way more fructose than the wild fruits. I am a fan of wild food. They make me feel the best. They make me THRIVE :D

So for me, even cultivated fruits when in season are practically out. My own N=1

I do not even eat much cultivated veggies. I prefer wild greens and herbs. They have a different effect on me. They too makes me thrive :)

7. Inger

Inger Silver

I think it is kind of dangerous to "cheat" with fruits and carbs because you easily get "addicted" to them. I was so addicted to fruits I might never have been able to quit them if I had not run out of money. It is like I did not realize they hurt me.. I killed two of my teeth too because of that... but it did not make me stop. The thing is, everyone says they are so healthy.. and they taste, oh so delicious. Yeah. But oh so dangerous in today's world. ;-)

If you run naked all day long in the tropics, I guess they might not hurt you :)

I guess it is about context too. Only the fact that we use internet makes us pretty un suited for fruit consumption ;-) IMHO

8. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I don't eat fruit ... period. When I stopped, it was my turning point. One piece here and there ... not worth it for me.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Your question shows your hand. What do I mean by this?......you are showing us your perspective by asking this because this is how you are perceiving the environment you're in. That is only one part of the equation. EMF 2 tells you where food normally grows is also part of the equation. Where you are now is the other key piece of info. You must consider both before you consider the correct choice for where you find yourself now. CONTEXT.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  10. TheKid

TheKid Gold

I brought this up more from a theoretical point than from a practical one. I personally am not touching fruit. I got problems, big ones, that I am only beginning to unwind. So really this question is more me just looking out at the world and wondering about why we see some of the things we do. And having lived in California, I remember what came in season there and when; and it got me thinking about the various aspects of our human biology that are still not well understood by the masses.

What I was hoping Jack, or someone else, might clarify in a little more depth, is the relative importance of temperature (all temps, not just cold), in signalling to humans vs. light; and how they work together or, possibly work against one another. Because as I noted, we have the Medieval Warm Period, when grapes apparently flourished in Britain. So what do we make of the changes in climate that come and go versus the changes in light periods, which remain consistent?

We have talked before about how the light period leads to literal energetic differences in fruits/veggies that grow in certain seasons. And Jack has used the example of eating a banana in Canada being a complete energetic mismatch. I assume using the same reasoning, an orange in Louisville, KY would be a mismatch as well, because it's now winter. But hold on a second. Louisville is essentially at the same latitude as Palo Alto, CA, where, right now, oranges are fully in season.

Or you might think about New Orleans. I remember being there and seeing banana trees. And apparently, bananas can be in season into like December. I wouldn't eat on in Ohio. But do you eat one if you live in New Orleans and are otherwise healthy?

So like I said, I just want to put the light/temp picture together.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

temperature is huge in humans...............again you using latitude to determine temp and food link is spurious...........it is about the photoelectric effect more than any other issue. Temperature is a crafter, sculptor, and modifier of the photoelectric effect.

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Mmmm, the Da Vinci effect.

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The Da Vinci effect - I like that......

14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is literally and figuratively a perfect moniker of what I am getting at here.......temperature changes how things work.......thermoplastic. See CT 6.

15. TheKid

TheKid Gold

Something else came to mind. We know that a person MUST control light to get optimal. But we never use that same imperative language in terms of temperature.

And I haven't heard Jack get on someone's case for using heat in the winter or AC in the summer. It's more like temperature is optional, use at your discretion, mileage may vary.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

It's more like releasing control of light. And temperature, for that matter. We have to stop insulating ourselves from nature.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^^^^boom

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

infrared heat has huge positives for the right context.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Life is all about charge separation. In photosynthesis we use sunlight to separated charges. In animals we use hydrophillic semiconductors to do the same thing. What is the fluid of charge separation? Water. Water next to a hydrophilic semiconductor acts like a N type semiconductor. This makes the water adjacent next to the semiconductor negative. The further you go away from it the charge is positive. What helps energize this simple battery? More sunlight.........its energizes can alter that battery function positively or negatively. In the zone next to the semiconductor Becker found something called the DC current. This is a negatively charged current. He had no idea where it came from. Pauling, Ling, and Szent Georgyi did. It came from the separation of water into hydrogen oxygen and electrons. In the exclusion zone of water physicists like Mae Wan Ho have showed electrons carry the charge. It also turns out these electrons reside in oxygen molecules in the water. They are usually distributed throughout the water lattice adjacent to the hydrophilic semiconductor. The number of oxygen atoms dictates the DC current. The larger oxygen content the larger the electron density. This is why cold water water carries more Oxygen. It is more electron dense because cold water has more dissolved o2 in it........This is at the core of why CT is powerful. It allows for more electrons to be dissolved in the major fluid of your cellular matrix to deliver more energy by liberation of these electrons when charge separation happens....................This is where temperature sculpts. Physics.......and physical chemistry showing you why chemistry and biology left quite a few lessons out of their bags of tricks. Water chemistry is the biggy they forgot.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

axons are gels who are extremely hydrophilic. It should be no surprise why Becker's DC current is found above it and below the myelin layer in neurons if you paying attention to the painting I am painting for you slowly...........Out of this tube.........comes protonated water jets.......that can be used to do many many things.......that biology is clueless too.