1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Light box therapy experiences?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Cpt.Tired, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

tachyons are not stable particles...............protons are made of quarks whick are also not stable.

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I've been rereading Lyall Watson's book Supernature. (1973), he mentions that two American Air Force scientists had recently shown that it was possible to influence the cycle with an artificial moon. They selected twenty women with a history of chronic menstrual irregularity, and persuaded them to keep their bedroom lights on all night on the three days closest to ovulation. All the women menstruated exactly 14 days later. It also said that the light of the moon is 300,000 times less bright than the sun but life is able to respond to this minute cosmic stimulus ..... Maybe our use of technology is also creating weird moon phases at night..... Moonlight therapy .....? :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

The pineal gland can also sense the gravitational pull of the moon. wow!
    That throws a monkey wrench into the equation!

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

So this morning I tried a small light box that my wife borrowed for me from a co-worker who wants to sell it. I turned it on and I was completely blasted with blue light! And it was BLUE!
    It triggered a migraine. I could feel the warning signs almost immediately (forehead pressure).
    I went to work but had to leave after three hours. It's a good thing that I live so close to work.
    I don't know if the blue light triggered the migraine or my knowledge of how bad blue light is with the resulting thought:"what the hell are you doing?" that triggered it. Probably a little of both.
    I won't be buying this thing. I've never liked blue light anyway, even before I knew about the health effects. People say that it's suppose to help with depression but I don't think it would for me. If it gives me a headache that would lead me to believe that it reduces serotonin. At least in me.
    I've always preferred morning and evening outdoor light. I think photographers call it the 'sweet light' because of how it really brings out the colours in things. Just look at the trees in the evening. Beautiful...

5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

The book also says that the Hughes Aircraft lab in California had developed a "tilt meter" so sensitive that it had been able to record lunar tides in a cup of tea. Thinking whole body, through the hydrogen bonding network?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Holy ..and that was back in '73!

7. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

Did you use the blue light box in a very DARK room? Those devices should be used in well lit rooms otherwise headache can be a common side
    effect. As mentioned before, I believe natural morning light is far superior to a light box BUT when it's still dark on the way to work and all you can
    get is horrid bright LED's as soon as you enter the building, perhaps a bit of light therapy beforehand can help. I'm currently experimenting with the Luminette SAD glasses. Maybe wearing red lens glasses while using the luminette could help? Again, I dislike artificial, but SAD and serious winter depression are very real and have been significantly helped with light therapy devices. Not sure if Jack is implying that your life span is threatened, but frankly, I prefer to have some good quality of life and die a bit earlier than to suffer through SAD and poor sleep all winter.

8. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

The artificial light is on a continuum. None is best and flooded in it is worst. Also the higher the frequency the light the worse it is. If you need to be exposed to artificial light cover your skin and wear blue light blocking glasses.

9. Jackie Nelson

Jackie Nelson New Member

I have added red light to my luminette glasses by covering some of the diodes with red cellophane. May sound crazy but
    I think this is working. Any comments appreciated. (YES, I KNOW THAT NATURAL LIGHT IS BEST, BUT SOMETIMES JUST NOT POSSIBLE).

10. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

That's an interesting hack. I like the idea of adding some red light, I think the Luminette would be too bright for me, but the question in an N=1 game is if it is working for you. Small steps in a consistent direction will soon have us in a place we have never been before.