1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Light box therapy experiences?

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Cpt.Tired, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Where abouts do you live?
    Of course nothing can beat natural sunlight. I'm sure the sunlight coming through the atmosphere gives us loads of information on the composition of gases and flows which tell us about the vegetation condition below.

2. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

No argument here.. I guess I could go outside on my first coffee break for 15 minutes since I'm not eating anything (leptin reset). There we go..problem solved!
    (Would coffee with coconut oil still be okay on the leptin reset?)

"If you saw how much coconut oil I put in my coffee, you'd probably die!"
    - Jack Kruse

3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yeah, we have to figure out a way to get more sunlight into our days. I should start taking my breaks outside anyway. Our lunch room is an EMF hellhole. Five microwaves all going at once during lunch hour!! Plus people on their wireless devices. (including me reading Jack Kruse blogs)

4. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Yes so much so... dark and gray I feel like hibernating during December and January. February is a bit better, except when winter weather comes around. Then I have to wait till March to feel more active and less depressed. Now that I have seen the light, I really want to try and get more of it this winter.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yeah me too..

6. Inger

Inger Silver

Maybe it would be the right thing to do.... to hibernate a bit in winter ;) maybe our bodies knows what we need, if we just listen?
    I have explored it a bit and it feels awesome :) I think Peter has really did it deep last winter and he loved it so much!
    That is the time when you turn inside... I really love winters :) going cold dark and boring feels very healing to me

Martha Ray and Cpt.Tired like this.
  7. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

You're right Inger I think. If you observe you see that every animal is basically less active to inactive in winter. All life slows down. All? Except one animal that does lots of irrational things.
    So now I think the best thing to do is to not resist it and partially hibernate. or.. get closer to the tropics!

Martha Ray and Cpt.Tired like this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Interesting..The one thing I've always liked about winter is that I feel more normal. The reason for that is everyone around me slows down a bit and moves closer to sleepville.

9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My intuition completely agrees with you.:) Unfortunately we've created external pressures that go against our natural instincts to slow down.
    It's been quite sunny here for a few months but the last few days have been mixed and today is full- on rain. I can see how it affects everybody. My wife lies around on the couch drifting in and out of sleep and I don't feel like doing anything either. That's probably what we are suppose to do.

10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I think I'm going to try a light box anyway as well as get more light during the daytime. Not as a replacement for outdoor light.
    The last few days I've just been experimenting with more AM light exposure like going on the computer before work with all the lights on in the room and the desk light shining in my face and the one real positive thing that I have noticed is that I fall asleep quicker and deeper in the evening. I know its not the ideal solution and definitely not a permanent one,
    but if it helps me feel more awake during the day and fall sleep earlier and better at night, I believe it's a step in the right direction.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Biochemistry is 100% adaptable to the surface interaction of light above. When that light is fake light opposed to sunlight the results are a higher ubiquitin marking rate in cells below. The dielectric constant describes the ability of a material to store energy, whereas, the loss-factor defines energy dissipation of a material. When microwaves are used on a living tissue it becomes dehydrated. Water has the highest dielectric constant in life at 78. When you microwave yourself or your food and you allow a shit load of blue light to hit your retina, gut, and skin while you're doing all this shit at once you are removing potential energy from your life equation.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Although the accumulation of excess body fat is a complex process with many variables, one variable could be light effect on circadian rhythms. Studies have shown that prolonged dailylight exposure (beyond the normal daily exposure we experience) can increase fat mass through an increase in adipocyte or fat cell size.

Kooijman et al. (2015) conducted a study where three groups of rats were placed under three different daily light conditions to test the effects on fat mass. Rats were exposed to 12, 16, and 24 hours of light each day while caloric intake remained constant. Kooijman discovered that rats exposed to 16 and 24 hours of light had an increase in fat mass despite there being no change in lean mass. Kooijman explained that this was likely due to the lights effects on circadian rhythms.

Circadian rhythms have been known to regulate a wide variety of physiological as well as metabolic processes in the body. These processes range from digestion and hormone release, to the onset of sleep and eating patterns.

While natural light during normal hours of the day is benefical, we should aim to decrease our exposure to artifical light at night, which most of us now get via the use of computers, TVs, cell phones, and tablets.

Danco3636 and Cpt.Tired like this.
  14. Bill1

Bill1 New Member

how do you explain Tachyons? :confused:

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Tachyons (if they exist) have the relationship that v > c. This means that E is imaginary! So no I dont need to explain what does not exists except in a math equation. Math explains nothing in nature. It never tells us the why of life, it only can describe the language of relationships in physics. We would be wise to stop allowing math to replace physical experiment and observations today.

16. Bill1

Bill1 New Member

September 23 2011

In a discovery that could question Einstein's longstanding fundamental laws of the universe, an international team of scientists announced Thursday that they had successfully recorded subatomic particles traveling at speeds higher than light.
    Antonio Ereditato, spokesman for the researchers, told Reuters that neutrinos pumped from CERN near Geneva to Gran Sasso in Italy had arrived 60 nanoseconds quicker than light, according to measurements taken over three years.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Wow..even the laws of the universe are meta stable...

18. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

Is there a difference between a fully lit room or tiny dimmed light? Or is it just light and dark and nothing in between when it comes down to fake light?

19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My best guess is the brighter the room the worse it is..

20. nicld

nicld Gold

Question.

During the day if one has to work in an office with artificial lights, it is best to try and cover up all the skin to reduce the exposure to the light?

I do have glasses to protect the eyes from the artificial light I wear after 10ish if I am at the office.