1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Lifelong antidepressant use - any hope?!

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by Deverie_Night Owl, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Deverie_Night Owl

Deverie_Night Owl New Member

My sister has been on various antidepressants for 26 years or so (she is 43). Is her brain chemistry altered so much that it can't be recovered? She is currently on Effexor (8 yrs) and Abilify (<1 yr). She started having dizzy spells and weight gain (15-20 lbs) in the past year. She also experienced a divorce and moving to an apartment complex (EMF nightmare, I'm sure) last year. She also has uncontrolled thyroid issues (her doc was using TSH ONLY - oh man!!) and takes Synthroid (probably 25 years?).

I'm slowly trying to introduce her to the Quantum concepts, but I maybe don't know how to lead her in the right direction. I would love to see her totally off the meds. She's a lovely lady.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

It doesn't matter whether she can recover or not. She should assume she will recover, she's still alive and can still think after all.
    In life you don't always control the results, but you control the process. She should just do all she can and what jack teaches and see what happens. It's a no brainer. Kinda like.. should I drink water or not after 3 days without water..

3. Deverie_Night Owl

Ah, that is very true!!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yep.......change your environment and choice and shit changes. When you stop chasing the wrong things (food/supplements) you give the right things a chance to catch you (avoiding blue light at night or winter)

[​IMG]

Danco3636, Joe Gavin and Cpt.Tired like this.
  5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Wow! FINALLY I hear about someone who has been on antidepressants longer than ME!(which is 23 years)
    (not that it is a good thing..)

Deverie_Night Owl likes this.
  6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

The brain has an incredible ability to build new pathways if it is given the chance. It seems that the more science looks, the more we realize that anything is possible. I'm not so sure that any rule is completely written in stone.

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

all it needs is more DC current..........

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

What give you a DC current? [​IMG]

9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

The ultimate Maxwell demon (?) (See that? I'm starting to use big words! LOL!)

10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

are you selling bumper stickers yet?

11. Deverie_Night Owl

Wow! No, that is not good!! It's a terrible addiction!

12. Deverie_Night Owl

And the DC current is from electrons, right? From grounding+DHA+water?

My sister never touches the earth. EVER. She lives in Las Vegas and it's a concrete jungle EMF hell hole.

13. nicld

nicld Gold

Wow Vegas.....bad, bad, bad. Been there twice and the best part about one trip to Vegas was diving to the Grand Canyon.

Good luck to her.