1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Let's talk canned fish

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

For me, I think epi-paleo is the most intuitive thing and is the best thing to work for me in all my life (whether I was looking at food as health or not). I know Jack was hinting at seafood for a while leading up to July...and I ate some seafood throughout for sure. But when July hit and I decided to eat seafood every day and also eat seaweeds, it felt like a miracle. I can't see myself eating any other way ever again. I don't like looking at hunter gatherers from paleolithic era...when they were deciding to branch out. Sure that works, but for me seeing how our brain evolved in the FIRST place then apply that to healing...it's as easy as 1 2 3. So if seafood 'built' a brain, then it can 'restructure'/heal a brain that might have been damaged in some ways by epi-genetics or even life events. I honestly think the nutrients provided in this plan (and the circadian rythms) allow for the brain to re-grow and/or set down new pathways so that you can override possible errors from before. You don't need to 'fix' the broken at all...you can just 'fill on top' of it. Make new neurons....

So this is why it's simple and easy for me and I don't get overwhelmed about canned or frozen or fresh. I eat mostly from frozen and even in expensive too. I eat canned if I want sardines and oysters. Easy. Seaweeds I've come up with many good ideas. In the Fall/Winter I decided to eat apples b/c I felt it's good for my digestion and for resveratrol, and the fact that they are harvested in Fall and keep so well over winter easily w/o modification. Just keep in cool dark room. So I put salt, curcumin and cinnamon on the apple slices (usually before breakfast). Very tasty. I eat carrots, onions and kale too. Of course I love my coffee and I put coconut oil in it b/c I want the ketones for my brain. For me it's important to get a decent amount of coconut oil in me despite it being from the tropics. I eat nuts and seeds but not like a million (and I feel OK on them) b/c I don't have AI. I eat eggs b/c of no AI. I don't eat dairy tough, b/c the way I feel on it. Goat butter is the only dairy I seem to tolerate. Cow butter...I don't know...I just don't like it anymore. For me my health is #1, so I use food to be prescriptive and within that context I overlay that with seasonality. So if I eat coconuts all year that are not normal for winter, well that's the prescriptive side of things. I mean, technically coffee is not from my region either, but I choose to drink it, and in this case mainly b/c I truly truly enjoy the complexity in each cup of coffee and the literature from where the coffee bean comes from. Just fascinating. (And b/c also it makes a great carrier for my coco oil lol).

I just feel like life is so much easier now b/c I know to go to bed early and wake up with the sun (well in winter it's before the sun due to going to bed early...but that's different). I obey the circadian cycles. Period. I don't worry about food or what to eat b/c I have my seafoods and I have the fats which I know are good. ie. bacon, duck fat, goat butter coconut oil, avacadoes. Easy. How can it get any easier?

That's MY n-1.

rlee314 likes this.