1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Let's talk canned fish

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Stavity

Stavity New Member

Inger, all I know is when I eat well, I feel well. I don't really expect to be happy with the life I have lived, but I do want to feel good.

You alone knows your own state of mind and honestly, that is all that matters. Your joy shows in much of your writings here.

2. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I can't quite decide whether this is a language problem or you really don't understand what I say Inger.

3. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

It seems to me that Souldanzer, you get an oxytocin release from doing things that make you feel good, like getting your house clean. So what you're saying is, regardless of what food you eat, when you do certain things, they make you feel good? Again, I believe it's oxytocin.

And Inger, I believe you're saying that it IS the food you eat that makes you feel good. That by eating a SAD diet, no matter what you do, you do not feel good. But when you eat epi-Paleo, you feel good, which inspires you to do other things that make you feel good.

Maybe a chicken-egg thing?

For me, I do not feel good on a SAD diet. Period. Doesn't matter what I do in my life, how many friends I have, how well I'm doing professionally, personally. When I eat garbage, I feel like garbage. And literally, almost the moment it goes down my throat.

But if a person's BG axis is well, and their circadian rhythms are aligned, etc., then sure, they can eat some garbage and do some things that make them feel good, and they will be happy. Not for most of us who find these forums, and definitely not for me. I have to eat good, then I feel good, then I want to do good. But for each his own.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Inger provides us all with a mirror that we must face............that is what makes her vital and why we are drawn to her as a bug is to light.........

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

maybe it would be a good idea to stick with "I" statements.......

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

maybe you could just gloss over things that you dont like............or maybe you might consider the alternative.

7. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

lol..... like I haven't

8. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I still reserve the right to say I think different

9. JackStapleton

JackStapleton New Member

Souldanzer,

I don't know you but I notice you seem to post a lot on this forum.

I would guess by your comments that you have a personal history of bullying, either you were bullied yourself, or maybe you are a bully, or maybe you come from a family or environment in which bullying is seen as normal and acceptable.

I come from an experience in which bullying is to be called out for what it is and addressed. This usually leads to attacks from the bullyer. In other words, more bullying. Still, it is important to do.

I read Jack Kruse's comment as affirming and encouraging. Very positive and beautiful. You chose to nitpick about a pronoun. This comes across as an attack on both Jack and Inger. I am guessing that you cannot see that. As far as accuracy goes, I am in complete agreement with the feeling that Jack expressed, so his use of the "we" is accurate since it includes more than Jack himself and therefore the "I" usage is not necessary. I assume many others may agree with Jack's sentiment. It would be helpful if you could try to feel what he means instead of criticizing insignificant details of his sentiment.

Your comment adds nothing to the discussion, but since you have made 3,764 posts since March, I am guessing that you do not censor your impulse to reply very much. It is likely that you do not care how your comments come across and will lash out at anyone who tells you what they feel about them, as I am trying to do, and as you just did in your reply to Jack's request that you not be so quick to add snarky comments to heartfelt ones.

This comment is meant to be helpful.

JJack

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It was JJack but to whom is the real conundrum.............;)

11. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

I want to believe that there is room for everyone on this forum. That we don't have to agree... and that we are all entitled to our 'off' moments. I think it's vitally important that we treat each other with kindness. We are all different - and different versions of 'broken' to quote Quelsen's great description - and we know that this can be an uphill battle for many, myself included. I know I am capable of a post that I later regret. I really hope that someone would be kind enough to point that out to me; I also hope that there would not be shaming involved, nor outing of sensitive issues in a public way.

Whether or not I agree with Dr Kruse is not the point. I have learned a great deal from Inger and I adore her honest, open ways of discussing what she has discovered. She has inspired me. I have also learned a great deal from Soul and I adore her ability to persist when the going is tough, to keep questioning even when the entire world doubts her. She has also inspired me.

It was suggested by Dr Kruse to 'gloss over' things one does not like. That door swings both ways. Both JJack and Dr Kruse missed an opportunity to gloss over what they dislike. This feels very unkind, not helpful.

Optimal (and the road thereof) is not perfection... none of us attain that no matter how good our labs look. We all get it wrong sometimes. (I'm guessing someone is going to explain why I've got it wrong now.) I suppose what I'm really saying is that this community, comprised solely of people I don't know, is important to me. I'd like to find a way for us all to share and learn, question and challenge, fall down and get back up, and still treat each other well.

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you never chase what you want, you'll never get it. If you never ask, the answer is always no. If you never step forward, you'll always be in the same place...........sometimes I wont gloss over things that need to be said.

13. Well, since you are here and just put the stamp of approval on chasing what I want - I am still wondering how you made the hierarchy of seafoods and came to your opinion that all seafood is better than all non seafood? And the offshoot, how might one evaluate the relative merits of one seafood vs another. . .this is the wrong thread to expect us just to go with "because BLOGPOSTX said". Unless there is a footnote I missed, in which case I'll go look at that.

Is just looking at the nutritional profile enough? Those don't look to me very comprehensive - and of course I don't trust the bio availablity on what the usda charts say. God only knows who they are getting their oxy from.

***Did you know USDA (yes, the food people) are offering zero money down loans to lower income people so they can buy houses in rural areas? They also have lower credit score requirements than conventional loans. I don't trust nutritional advice from any government entity involved in the real estate market.

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

wow I'm going to gloss over this for the most part...... you must know me since you've been here for barely over a month? Who's bullying whom here? I made a very objective statement (that apparently didn't contribute a thing to the discussion) and that was, down to the fact, that correlation doesn't equal causation. Nada to do with bullying.

15. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

@ Kiwi: xoxo. You know where to find me.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The answer is simple......marry nutrient density with the nutrient density requirements of the most metabolical expensive organ the species in question has......that is how an optimal should be structured in my mind. That is where the hierarchy came from.

17. I am with ya 100 percent on that! But how are you determining nutrient density?

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The data bases that are created is the only way to do it. You can use all different countries data but one constant is found......seafood is massively better than anything else.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We never need BPA but we have it........in the USA it is ubiquitous......so you must live better than you have to overcome it in my view. I no longer worry about what I cant control but I do make sure I do all the things I can control to get me well. Failure is not an option for me.

MisterT and rlee314 like this.
  20. Stavity

Stavity New Member

I have been thinking along these lines and not worrying about what I cannot control. However, failure is always an option for me and always will be, but what is not an option is giving up.