1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Let's talk about sex baby, let's talk about you and me, let's talk about sex . . .

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by curves64, Nov 8, 2012.

1. curves64

curves64 Silver

I’ve been wanting to start a thread about sex and sexual energy for a while so here goes. I’m particularly interested in hearing from peri and/or post-menopausal women who have not taken the BIHT route but are using the epi-paleo RX, circadian biology and/or other Dr. K-inspired ideas to reestablish their sexual energy. Mine took a dive about 4 years ago following a series of super stressful events that happened within a short period of time. I was probably already in adrenal fatigue but those events pushed me over the edge. Although my overall energy and cognitive function are definitely coming back online and it looked like it would for a while, my sexual energy has not yet returned to its’ former glory (I like to say I was a 12 on a scale of 1-10 but am now a 5 or 6). I'm not sure. Maybe I just need to give it more time. If anyone has any words of wisdom or personal experience to share, I’d love to hear all about it.

2. curves64

curves64 Silver

I know this experience is different for men and women. I'm all for "using it," and "use it" daily, if not twice a day lol. I just miss the intensity and frequency of my orgasms. They were such a vital part of who I was/am that I hate to think of living for another 50 years with that part of me being mediocre.

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

That sounds a lot like a line a guy fed me in college about "blue balls", shortly before storming out of my dorm room.

4. ealachan

ealachan New Member

curves64, I'm not peri-menopausal and I'm not on any BHRT, so I can't speak to that...but I will say that after a few months of epi-paleo, I don't need nearly as much "convincing" from the hubs to get it on as I used to. There was a time when even him leaning in to kiss me just made me cringe because I knew where he wanted it to lead and I just DIDN'T want anything to do with it. It hurt his feelings, it hurt my feelings, it was a bad scene. Things are MUCH better now. He's happier, I'm happier, the only one that's kind of bummed about everything is the dog because he gets kicked off the bed a lot more nowadays...:D

5. curves64

curves64 Silver

Love it!!!!

Ealachan, would you say that you feel more confident and connected to your body, or is it that your sexual energy has increased or both? I love hearing your story. Thank you.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I am going to do a series on this one day........

7. curves64

curves64 Silver

I'm beginning to see that as you further align with the natural rhythm of your body by paying attention to circadian biology and feeding it the food it was designed to eat, you naturally align with your confidence, your sexual energy and your intuition. One flows from the other effortlessly.

Can't wait to hear more of your thoughts on the topic.

8. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Both I guess, now that you've made me think about it. My confidence has certainly been helped somewhat by losing a bit of weight, but I also certainly feel more desire to actually do the deed as well. Also, I've never been unable to orgasm, but I certainly have noticed that it doesn't seem to take quite as much time / effort now as it used to.

While I'm at it (no pun intended), I'd like to point out something else interesting I've noticed lately: my husband seems to be able to tell when I'm in the mood without me saying anything. I don't know if I'm emitting pheromones or what - it's the damnedest thing. I'll sit there minding my own business and happen to think of something that makes me think of sex, even briefly, and like 5 minutes later there he is, suggesting we get busy!

9. diane

diane Gold

I'm perimenopausal, not on BHRT (yet - although trying). I can't say I've noticed much of a dip in sexual energy, even before doing the things here. But, I can say that it's been increased even more by epi-paleo, getting my proper sleep, circadian rhythms. And after a cold bath? Get the fire extinguisher out!

10. ealachan

ealachan New Member

SERIOUSLY. I discovered the joys of straight-from-the-bath-to-the-bedroom last weekend. HELLO! Talk about motivation to do more CT...lol

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm going to have to try this!!!

12. curves64

curves64 Silver

13. curves64

curves64 Silver

You guys are totally making me smile.

14. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Hey, if you want to think about your grandmother's sex life, that's up to you.

15. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Sorry, you lost me. Let's not thread-jack what was an otherwise entertaining conversation any more.

16. diane

diane Gold

Definitely get in the tub. I don't notice the same effect from spot icing - only full submersion. I noticed it pretty much the first time I took a cold bath. Like WOAH! Guess I should have posted it sooner! LOL.

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

CT is what you need, For Sure.

DH now bugs me every day... "Did you remember to buy ice??"

He certainly has linked cause and effect.

18. curves64

curves64 Silver

I have to laugh at myself. I've been avoiding CT for months except for the occasional beach visit with my bf. Even then I was afraid of the seals swimming nearby so I didn't get in above my knees. Just now, I just got out of the tub after 30 minutes of full submersion. I don't know if it's the power of suggestion or not . . . . . but I think you're onto something here!!! Maybe I didn't notice it when I did CT regularly earlier in the year because I had other things going on at the time. Ya baby!

19. curves64

curves64 Silver

HAHAHA! I can see I'm really going to like this!!

20. DarleenMB

DarleenMB Silver

hmmm. Testing the waters here. So to speak.

The BHRT did NOT fix my missing libido which has disappeared along with a few other things. sigh. darn it. It's almost impossible for me to talk about sex without wanting to go hide someplace. bear with me. :eek:

I have been assiduously avoiding the tub and subbing cold showers. Ealachan I guess I'd better heed your advice and just do it. I've followed some of the advice I got on my consult and that's helping but I'm not anywhere near where I want to be yet.

OK. Can't do anymore than that. CT it is. I'll report back if anything positive develops. Otherwise you'll find me hiding behind the couch trying not to die of embarrassment.