1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Rx Optimal meal times

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Sammy, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not true........gravity changes in the presence of light whether you see it or not. This affect Benard cells.

2. AJC

AJC New Member

Because he saw the sun (light)?

3. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

If I need to wake an hour before sunrise - can artificial light along with meal timing be used to couple the cycles?

4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Marangoni effect (the flow of liquid caused by surface tension gradients) on first contact with earth in the morning) / Fourniers effect? In other words we are increasing the EZ zone of water via 2 different mechanisms? Also why grounding is so beneficial?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

grounding adds negative charge......anything that does increases the negative EZ size

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

artificial light can not Da Mo

7. Butters

Butters New Member

What should I do when there is no long night, say here are atm 7hrs of complete darkness - 9.15pm to 5am is sunset do sunrise time. When I get to bed at 10 or 11pm and I wake up say 5.30am should I stand up and eat despite of the fact I didn't get sufficent sleep time?
    Had the problem this morning. I went to bed say 11.30pm and woke up 6am.

8. Frank Peters

Frank Peters New Member

I've been looking in the Forum for the causal connection between first light and first meal. But, I haven't found the explanation for eating 30 minutes after waking. Why is it important to eat this soon after dawn?

9. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

http://caloriesproper.com/dawn-phenomnomnom/

http://caloriesproper.com/artificial-light-regulates-fat-mass-no-bueno/

http://caloriesproper.com/light-leptin-and-environmental-mismatch/

http://caloriesproper.com/entraining-central-and-peripheral-circadian-rhyth…

enyaw, cantweight and Optimalbound like this.
  10. Frank Peters

Frank Peters New Member

11. Frank Peters

Frank Peters New Member

OB,

Thank you for pointing this out. I did read it. But I didn't find an answer to my Q or didn't interpret what I was reading well enough.

12. Frank Peters

Frank Peters New Member

I am learning that timing one's first meal with first light has something to do with the physics of light and the biophysics of light's effect on the body. So far, I've learned (from Jack's Podcast of June 25, 2015) that light affects leptin and "leptin fundamentally works with light cycles.". (Scroll forward to 10 minutes and 52 seconds to hear Jack mention it.).

13. Joe Gavin

14. Joe Gavin

Light entrains the Central Circadian Clock. Food Entrains the Peripheral Circadian Clocks. Big Breakfast in the AM sun is the key. And Make it protein heavy. That's really all you need to know. Now you just have to do it.

15. Joe Gavin

From the article entraining Central and peripheral Circadian:

Morning bright light and breakfast (FEO) kickstart peripheral circadian rhythms, and one readout is diurnal regulation of known circadian genes in the periphery. This happens differently (almost predictably) in different tissues: liver, a tissue which is highly involved in the processing of food, is rapidly entrained by food intake, whereas lung is slower.

Starting the central pacemarker with bright light in the morning but skimping on the peripheral pacemaker by skipping breakfast represents a circadian mismatch: Afternoon Diabetes? Central and peripheral circadian rhythms work together. Bright light and breakfast in the morning.

16. Frank Peters

Frank Peters New Member

Hey Joe,

Thanks! Yep, I am learning. I've being doing the Leptin reset since mid June. However, I've been in a recurring restart though (four times now since mind June) because I am eating more carbs than are prescribed in the protocol. For example, a recent restart was because I gorged on Cap'n Crunch for breakfast and a pizza and philly cheese steaks for lunch and dinner. I am not worried about these restarts because I've noticed that each one lasts less than the last one. Their mix is changing too. The restart before this was a two-day binge on junk food. But the most recent was a day's long binge on bananas, peaches and blueberry's. With these, I am noticing that I am not as hungry for the grain based carbs and I am off the rails for a shorter time. So at least something is moving in the positive direction.

During these restarts, I wondered whether my body is telling me something like, "Screw this buddy! It's summer time; we're going to eat." Don't know the answer; I'm speculating.

17. Joe Gavin

Need to do it daily. Just a big ass breakfast filled with protein. literally as big as you can eat. the cravings will disappear. and carbs are ok in the summer, when they grow. Emphasis on grown food.

Not fucking Cap'n Crunch and pizza dude.

You'll get there. Just focus on breakfast for now, just that one thing. I have 4 eggs and meat or sardines or something every single fucking day. Along with at least a liter of good water (pelligrino or spring). And I don't eat again until an early-ish dinner.

You'll get there man! Just do one thing at a time!

http://www.deandwyer.com/57/

Joe

LBK, Frank Peters and Martin like this.
  18. Butters

Butters New Member

So its getting slowly colder here in the northern hemisphere.
    Should I wear blueblockers in the winter time also in the morning hours till sunrise and again eat breakfast after sunrise?
    Or is it not so important in winter when I get CT because my body is more reacting to cold?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

blueblockers are only critical at night. You need blue of normal sunlight in AM to remain alert. Blocking during days is only needed if your chronically on computer or in fake light

Sean Waters and LBK like this.