1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Rx Journal- Getting Serious

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by allison09, Jun 11, 2012.

1. allison09

allison09 New Member

Hello everyone!! I'm back! Today I'm starting over again, and I'm excited. My BAB was delayed because I woke up to the sound of rain, coming from INSIDE my apartment (it's not even raining out), so I had to deal with a very leaky ceiling first....but I will not let that stop me! I'm going to spell out my plan and get updated on journal's a bit later. Excited to start feeling better!!

2. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

Awesome!!! The road to success is exciting!!! Glad you're back!

3. Hey! I'm glad you're back! :) How was your week-end with familly and friends?

Sorry about the water dammage this morning. There's better way to wake up!

4. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

That's no fun! My basement flooded on May 5. It was a mess. Hope you didn't have too much damage!

5. allison09

allison09 New Member

So the water damage wasn't too bad! The pipes didn't burst or anything, there was just a bit of an overflow in the bathroom of the apartment above me. Phew!

So, my week at home was actually significantly more fun than expected! Yay! The wedding was actually TONS of fun....aaaaand I met a boy :) But ANYWAY....yea, my food choices weren't the best, but I got through it, and now I'm committed to getting healthy, and hopefully getting rod of some of the pudge I've packed in. Woof.

So my new plan is obviously the Leptin Rx, but I'm not going to do the complete AI protocol this time. I'm still giving up nuts and coconut manna-that's a necessity as I cannot deal with them. And this time I mean ALL nuts, macs included! Gone! I am going to keep eggs and coffee for now, but I plan to phase coffee out soon. I didn't really miss it last time, but I had some when i was home because it's kind of impossible to avoid with that crowd. Right now I just need to do what is necessary to keep me on plan for as long as possible. I think last time I started off being too restrictive, and it backfired in a huge way. You should see my love handles. I'm also going to do the 5-htp protocol according to Dr. Kalish. I'll prob start that tomorrow or the next day, I'm still waiting for my cysteine.

So yea, I'm still not caught up on everyone's journal because I had to catch up on HW most of today, but I'll get there. I'm happy to be back!! Oh and of course I'd love to hear what you all think about this, thanks!!

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

ohhh, I just gotta leave a comment so maybe the boy luck rubs off :D Glad you had fun.

I got my L-cysteine today from nutri biotic in the mail. Was it you who asked which cysteine? WELL, I forgot, it's L-cysteine.

7. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Of this whole post, I'm most excited about the you met! Details!

8. PaulaRichards

PaulaRichards New Member

+1 These things are important too! ;)

9. allison09

allison09 New Member

Hahah I love you guys! Yes, I agree the boy is the most important aspect of the weekend. He's the bride's (aka one of my best friends) cousin. Tall, hot, and just graduated law school! Woot!

But on to more SERIOUS business :) Thanks for the clarification Souldanzer, I got the l-cysteine as well. I'm going to start tomorrow! I'm excited. So, it's a ton of supps...how are you supposed to split them up throughout the day?

I've been doing well so far on the Leptin reset. Today I pretty much ate zero carb. I had some coffee, but nothing crazy. I also had 2 eggs and I feel good. I can't wait to get the bad food and all of it's effects OUT of my body! I'm ready to be a lean mean paleo machine once again! Hope you're all doing well!!

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

What exactly are you taking?

You take a dose between 8-9AM and then a second dose after 4pm. Split them up equally. Doesn't matter what time you take the co-factors. I'm not so sure the timing is that important if you're not doing lab testing for this.

This is my plan... adjust to your dosing.

AM

150mg 5-htp

1500mg tyrosine

PM

150mg 5-htp

1500mg tyrosine

l-cysteine 1500mg 3x per day

b6

vitamin c

calcium (you might want to skip this one)

11. allison09

allison09 New Member

Omg omg omg. There is seriously something wrong with my brain. I ate a bunch ofter dinner (zucchini, coconut, avocado) and I seriously just want to purge. I know I shouldn't. I know it's counter productive, but I feel so gross! WHY didn't I just stick to the rules?! I was having such a good day.

12. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Read my journal if you want to scare yourself out of it.

Or try to be gentle with yourself.... my preferred method. Gentle walking has helped me a lot. Getting busy with something pleasant. Read a calming book. Look at a relaxation youtube video while curling up in bed. Think in gentle ways about your tummy that might not be feeling well instead of getting angry at it. Tubbing I sometimes do.

Call someone? There's nothing wrong with the foods you ate. They will all serve your body in healing.

13. allison09

allison09 New Member

So, I didn't give in to the urges. I just kind of distracted myself with music and texting a friend. I felt gross going to bed, but I just kept telling myself that it was better than the alternative. I also tried to focus on the fact that I overate on "good" foods....no sugar, or grains, or anything that would really mess me up. Thanks for the advice Souldanzer. Oh and thanks for the info about the supplements. I'm going to start with just one does of 5-htp (100mg) at night because it's supposed to help with sleep. I'll take the co-factors throughout the day though.

14. allison09

allison09 New Member

I'm also going to take 2000-3000 mcg of folic acid, and 400 mcg of selenium as per Dr. Kalish's recommendation in the presentation. Are you taking those as well?

15. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Don't you hate that when late night urges get you after a perfect on protocol day? The only thing you can do is dust yourself off, eat a bigger BAB the next day to kill the cravings and get out of the kitchen and away from temptation as soon as you're done with dinner.

16. allison09

allison09 New Member

Yes, yes I do. I was at work too...eating at work is not good for me for some reason. Too much access to stuff I shouldn't be eating (I work at a co-op).

I just took a bunch of supplements for the 5-htp thing. 1. That is a crap load of supplements...pretty much like a meal of pills. 2. Powdered l-cysteine is on of the top 5 grossest things I've ever tasted. I ordered some pills right after I took some.

17. That's awesome that you found a way to change your mind last night and didn't purge. As the time go by, it will get more easy, and you'll become better at guessing what amount of food you need so you don't feel to full. Be kind of yourself, you are not gross, and don't forget the goal: being healthy. Enough of that binging/purging nightmare, you want to get out of this.

Have a nice week-end!!

18. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'm getting the folic acid in my B-complex but it's actually not quite that important. During my consult he said I just had to get the B6. He didn't mention selenium during our conversation and honestly, I can't get that with my allergies.... doesn't exist. It'll have to be from seafood.

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I think I've trained my body during the winter to not want food when it's dark. It would get dark before 5pm and after that I stopped wanting to eat even if I felt a bit hungry. That still works. Part of the problem is that it is getting dark later now so I want to eat later. But once it's dark, food is the last thing on my mind. Which is very weird b/c nighttime used to be prime binging time for me.

20. allison09

allison09 New Member

Yes I do. I'm glad I didn't do that last night...I'm just annoyed that I ate after dinner because I feel SO much better when I have plenty of time to digest. Oh well, tonight's another chance :) Thanks for the kind words, enjoy your weekend too!