1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Rx @ Altitude?

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by NadoRo, Sep 13, 2015.

1. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

A little background: 41 year old female, living at altitude (5,000 ft) for the last year. Moved from sea level in So Cal..not optimal, I know, but husband is active duty military and move was required.

This is my second time at the Leptin Rx in two years, and I am fully committed to seeing it through this time. I am finding, however, after 40 days on the protocol, that I have made less progress than the last time I tried it while living in Southern California. While I have lost 6 pounds and am seeing an improvement in body composition, I am not experiencing the sleep gains or improved energy I had hoped for. I have a ketone blood meter, and it's interesting to me that it is showing depressed ketone production even though I have been strict about staying below 30 grams of carbs most days.

I drink spring water, eat at least one seafood meal a day, blue blockers at sunset, and read books by a red incandescent lightbulb at night. I'm also on BHRT for low sex hormones, NDT for subclinical hypothyroidism, and supplementing DHEA & Pregnenalone to bring up those numbers. After a year of supplementation, my sex hormones are reaching respectable levels, yet my sleep is still very bad with multiple night wakings and occasional difficulty falling asleep. I have started adding in CT with ice packs or cold baths (tap water is cool in Denver, even in September) but have not diligently followed the CT protocol. My initial focus was to get the Leptin RX well underway before I tackled CT.

My question is this: Can I expect the Leptin Rx to take longer living at altitude? Is there anyone who has done the Leptin Rx (and CT too, if applicable) and can share their experience with it in this environment?

Thanks for sharing!

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

Hi :)

Have you read the Ubiquitination 1 blog? Lots of nuggets about what happens to cells at altitude .... so you may need to do a lot more than if you were living at sea level.

Anyway, Welcome ! :)

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

altitude requires massive grounding with CT and UV-IR exposure every AM. Then it can work assuming you dont have a lot of nnEMF above you to affect the quantum yield of sunlight.

mamadell likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ionosphere nnEMF also is made of a myriad of waves above your head.........the sunlight light is also made of said waves. All are part of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can and do interfere and cancel out and other time they summate. This means the more densely populated area will have the ability to bury sunlight in the daytime affecting the quantum yield of photosynthesis and full spectrum sunlight to your eye and skin. This means you might live in a sunny place like LA or Orlando and never be able to make Vitamin D. Since it is fall now you Vitamin D should be at its highest level . Check your D and learn something about your current zip code.

Things like this idea will ruin the quantum yield from the sun:http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-most-remote-locations-on-earth-10499886.html

5. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Implementing the CT protocol stat. Based on my reading of Ubi 1, I gathered CT would be a requirement to mitigate the effects of altitude and nnEMF here in Denver. Incidentally, I just measured Vitamin D levels in August. After a summer spent outdoors, at altitude mostly, it plummeted 30 points from 70 to 40..not good. Fortunately, we are moving to sea level in 1 1/2 years, but I'm not waiting that long to improve my health! Thank you, Dr. Kruse and Sue-UK for your insight.

6. nicld

nicld Gold

Welcome and I love Colorado but Denver is a nnEMF HELL HOLE for me but Red Rocks is AWESOME!!!!

Went out there in 2014 to take care of the SIL for a bit and after 3 days we needed to escape and drive into the mountains. Felt so much better there. We will probably be heading back there sometime before Christmas to get the SIL's stuff since she could no longer afford the rent out there and has had to move back by us.

7. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Yep, the mountains are amazing, though my sleep is even worse when we are in the ski resorts (all average 10 K and higher for elevation). The nnEMF issue aside, altitude matters.

nicld likes this.
  8. nicld

nicld Gold

For me, I just don't get why I feel great at altitude. We went to Pike Peak and went biking down it and when we were up there I felt great. Running around, biking with the rest of the family was huffing and puffing a bit. I have never had an altitude headache like everyone else. The only time I felt the altitude was hiking at Red Rocks but I live at about 800 feet. I was in awe of the person we say riding a unicycle there.

9. b612

b612 New Member

I also feel very well at altitude. I live in the Alps in France.

I went to NY last week and spent 5 nights in a skydiver. Slept like a baby :eek:

I guess I'm just really messed up.

10. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Maybe it's because I'm not accustomed to living at a higher elevation..I've lived at sea level in one state or another for the last 20 years. My physiology is likely to blame here as well. I'm starting a journal in the appropriate area for context, but came to the Leptin Rx with Adrenal Fatigue, depressed hormones, excess body fat, poor sleep..in other words, a far cry from optimal! After a year here, though, I'm surprised by how much my heart races just climbing the steps in my CO home. My husband has observed on more than one occasion that he feels better every time he leaves for a trip to a sea level location, and he's never read any of Dr. Kruse's stuff and is in better shape than I.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When you are at altitude you are closer to UV light that is more abundant and it is cooler so you assimilate more UV. the issue for many is the O2 tensions are lower so you must assimilate the UV via skin and eyes. If you have clothes and sunglasses on altitude can kill you because you are effectively blocking UV from the eyes and skin. This is the basis of the Ubiquitination 1 blog post.

mamadell likes this.
  12. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

I've been reading the Dehydration thread from the forum...Since moving to 5,000 feet from sea level, I've repeatedly joked that I feel permanently dehydrated living here..now I know why: low pg coupled with altitude=dehydration=poor sleep. Doubled up my progesterone last night (still in first half of cycle) to 200 mg and started face dunking per the CT Rx. Throw in a lot of conscious grounding and outdoor time yesterday, and I slept through the night for the first time in several nights..no melatonin, just a probiotic and magnesium glycinate, red glasses at sunset, and the increased progesterone. That thread is GOLD and supports what I've intuitively felt since moving here!

13. Penny

Penny New Member

I've hiked the Red Rocks - in CO ? Beautiful area - and Pike's Peak too - dopamine elevates at altitude and serotonin tanks - Ubi 1 I think talked about it -

nicld likes this.
  14. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Interesting about the dopamine vs. serotonin. I need to reread Ubi 1 again. I do have have foggy brain and need repeated exposure to these blogs as they are so technical and my background is NOT science! (and I'm usually pretty tired and sleep deprived, which doesn't help)

15. Penny

Penny New Member

You might try molybdenum - 300 mg every time you eat - don't go over 1 gram - helps clear ammonia - which is why we are so foggy brained... quercetin, resveretrol and turmeric might be a wise move also - I have gone straight to clay/chlorella and charcoal on occasion - I think there are between 200 and 400 cell phone towers within half a mile of my house - b12 is also great - I find though, that nothing beats getting cold - it is 90 degrees here at the moment -

16. NadoRo

NadoRo New Member

Thanks for the supplement tips. Never tried molybdenum, but I will research it's use. I have taken curcumin before but didn't see any movement in my HS CRP. I do like activated charcoal, however, and always have the Bulletproof charcoal on hand. I've been taking a B-100 complex for a while..Really need to see sleep improve as that has to be the primary culprit for my brain fog! Also, improved DHA levels should help with the thinking as well, when I get them up!