1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin resistance - how it manifests in skinny v fat people

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Katejc, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Katejc

Katejc Silver

Dear Jack,

I've read your material on leptin resistance and was wondering if there is something I've missed that compares the leptin resistance process in very skinny people versus very fat people. I can understand how people get fat when they are leptin resistant - they don't uncouple well and therefore do not burn off excess calories as heat via their muscles as they sleep - and this excess energy is laid down as fat (either visceral or not). But I can't quite conceptualise leptin resistance in a very skinny person. What happens to the excess calories/ energy?

I ask as I think my father is leptin resistant and he is very skinny. He is blue light toxic (for sure) and limits sun exposure for various reasons - one of which is sun sensitivity now due to psoriasis (despite having slightly olive skin). Yep - you would have a field day with him. He always feels the cold, but regardless his skin feels very warm. Do these people somehow lose a lot of energy as IR through inefficient mitochondria and therefore don't get fat despite eating an absolute mountain of food? If so, how is this related to leptin resistance?

I would love a comparison of how leptin resistance manifests in skinny versus fat people.

Thank you,

Kate

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

leptin resistance is in the eye of the beholder
    can be argued this way or the other, can not be measured (well, it can be measured but conclusions from measurements are worthless)
    ----------
    He may be skinny, but, does hi have a big belly? (high visceral fat)?
    Skinny or chubby
    possibly applies to both. ------->>>>(Metabolic syndrome (another cop out description that is highly in precise)
    what is his fasting insulin? Is it less than 3?
    Better yet
    what is his insulin profile after ingesting 75gram of glucose
    ----------------------------------
    fructose overload???<<<<<======================
    ----------------------------------

upload_2019-12-9_9-36-54.png

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

https://www.walkinlab.com/
    Insulin Fasting Blood Test
    Test #004333
    $28.00

Insulin Response Blood Test, 3 Specimens
    $85.00

But get at least 6 specimens
    1-before
    ingest 75gram glucose
    2, 3,4,5-------5x every 30 minutes
    /////////////////////////////////////////////

upload_2019-12-9_10-1-42.png

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Katejc likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Covered in the many blogs on leptin.

5. Katejc

Katejc Silver

Can someone please point me in the direction of the right leptin blog to read - I've read Leptin 1, 2 and 3 and some others - but can't see detail on how leptin resistance manifests in skinny people (aside from the fact that you can look in the mirror and if you're too skinny you're likely leptin resistant).

Thanks

JanSz likes this.
  6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do not look in the mirror
    Do look at post #3 above.
    Do the testing
    create that chart
    post it here
    ------------------------------
    If your chart fits below the blue line, you are not leptin resistant.

/

7. Katejc

Katejc Silver

Thanks JanSz - I'm not worried for myself I just thought there might be some sort of discussion on how leptin resistance manifests in very skinny people versus very fat people on the forum or in Jack's blogs to help understand leptin - but it looks like not.

Kate

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Speaking of skinny people.
    I just had a heart attack in my family.
    About 30+ years my junior.
    Skinny woman.
    Had to have a bypass. Almost totally clogged, the stent would not get in.
    ---------
    Speaking of a heart attack in my family.
    A few weeks earlier.
    Guy in high 40's, a year ago had a clean Calcium Score.
    All signs of a heart attack.
    He tells doctors about his recent Calcium Score,
    they go in anyhow,
    found totally clean arteries,
    scratching their heads.

What gives, what problem does he have?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  9. Inger

Inger Silver

Maybe the heart is rebelling against 5G and too much nn radiation? The heart is a electric organ I have read.. and it might be no surprise, that if it gets an overload of other signals/waves that it cant work properly.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

The leptin RX is all about re setting our circadian rhythm ......no matter if we are skinny or overweight.

We need to reset the rolex in our head/brain.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Statistically true
    5G provides convenient excuses for most (hard to solve) problems.

5G is a witch.
    [​IMG]

5G Canary and caroline like this.