1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Leptin Reset journal.....or 'Why is the neighbor wearing sunglasses at night?'

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Endless, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Krista in da house. Welcome back !

fitness@home likes this.
  2. caroline

caroline Moderator

what Lah said ^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you get a quantlet Krista?

3. kkchan1953

kkchan1953 New Member

How to contact Tom Doud in the Forum?

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

PM would be wise or use FB.

5. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

I went through his business - Hartland Eye Clinic I think it was called

6. kkchan1953

kkchan1953 New Member

7. kkchan1953

kkchan1953 New Member

Thanks!

8. endless

endless New Member

Hi Audrey,
    No, I did not get a Quantlet....perhaps in future though. I'm place marking yet again because I really do intend to post in here again. I think the thought of 'catching up' has been to daunting, so I will not try, and just start from now.

Fully into the peak of summer now here, with garden burgeoning with food and the river beckoning every spare moment. I resent every moment that work ties me away from my little oasis. The heat has been brutal...many fires north of us but so far so good for my area. Thankfully my skin is now used to the intensity from my morning full body exposure. Still have to seek shade midday since my heat stroke experience last year but no burning!

Finally having some success with reducing inflammation by following the low lectin diet plan espoused by Steven Gundry. I've come to the conclusion that food DOES matter, at least for me, at this time. Light hygiene and EMF mitigation is of course important but my persistent 'puffiness' has finally subsided by eliminating a few things from my diet.

I bought a good quality Far IF sauna and am looking forward to using it but with these temps it's been the last thing on my mind. CT, on the contrary, has been welcome and amazing. We (the pups and I ) spend time in the river every day, and occasionally take the paddle board out.

T minus 2 days and counting till the first family arrives for the family reunion/memorial for my stepfather who passed last July. Roasting a pig and spending a weekend on the river. I'm hoping my garden is up to the task of salad for 200 people.....

fitness@home likes this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Krista ....It sounds like you are really enjoying your summer and especially your river.

I had a look at the lectin diet .... It is very interesting. I am sure I would feel a lot better if I stayed away from high lectin foods. I have always known that I do well/best with seafood and a bit of GF beef and not a lot else. I can manage greens okay and try to stay away from fruit now that it is winter.

Are you serious ....200 people???????

cantweight likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy Gold

I think you are on to something there and also may have a good indicator for the future. My mother slowly acquired a massive health library. Sadly she's crashing her health anyway. I remember the D'Adamo "Eat Right..." series was the first time I heard about lectins and it explained so much about many of my issues. Gundry takes it to the next level. Did you hear his interview over at self hacked? You're likely ahead of that level of info but I always like to hear the voice of people if I can (maybe just my quirk). Potatoes and lentils used to be a killer for me. Today I mostly avoid them.

I stumbled on the idea of using your kryptonite foods as a redox test accidentally by eating something at a party. When I've been doing Docs routine right I have zero to low reactions to my leptin foods. About once a month I'll down something that would usually leave me hurting just to see if my "environment" is still right for me. I've found that to be very helpful as a mini BUN/creat like measure.

Enjoy your time with family. Sorry to hear about your stepdad. My own mother is seriously falling apart in front of me and part of me doesn't want to admit that at this rate she won't be around much longer, but it's true. I can tell that I'm not going to be very good at losing people close to me. It feels lie a kind of claustrophobia.

endless likes this.